Spoonwatch - Consolidated Wooden Spoon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The big question is.....can the Bulldogs jag a win in their last 3 ?
I think they’ll need to win one more match to avoid the spoon as I can see Parra & the Cowboys winning one match in 3.
Of course either Parra or Cowboys will at least win ...they play each other

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
Don’t be surprised if Jarryd plays like his shit don’t stink next weekend. I’ll be at the game of course

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If we get the spoon Pay shpuld be sacked

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If we can get Bennet, then Pay demoted to assistant

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This Warriors game is massive for us... can see Luke and RTS giving us grief up the guts. Would love a win here, but our chance will have to be against the Dragons... have to pin a lot of hope in Storm and Roosters not taking Eels lightly either
Hopefully the useless warrior's of old turn up and we jag a win, as the warrior's are so unpredictable there is always that chances.
Also the warrior's are short priced favourites which is probably good for us, they will think they can win without trying and we will surprise them having Lewis back who brings enthusiasm, guidance and skill to our team.
After saying all that and rambling on, Fucked if I know who will win, hopefully the Dogs and yet we could get bashed.

Last edited:

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Of course either Parra or Cowboys will at least win ...they play each other
Yeah that’s right. They’ll be outsiders in their other matches, and for now our F/A is better than both....fkn dragflops!

One win for us is a minimum...if we don’t we’ll get the spoon it fo sho!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
SPOON WATCH - ROUND 23

upload_2018-8-19_18-29-6.png

Still in contention: Bulldogs, Manly, Cowboys, Eels.
Safe from Spoon but outside Top 8: Tigers, Knights, Raiders, Knights
Cut off for 8 (currently): 28 points.
Cut off for spoon: Eels on MAX 18 points (more than 16 you are safe - due to Eels vs Cowboys game).

REMAINING GAMES:

Bulldogs:
Dragons (loss), Sharks (loss) - (points finish = 16 to 20) / (projected finish = 16 to 20 points). Tough to call.
Manly: Tigers (loss), Broncos (win) - (points finish = 16 to 20) / (projected finish = 16 to 18 points). Tough to call.
Eels: Cowboys (win), Roosters - (points finish = 14 to 16/18) / (projected finish = 14 to 16 points). One other win?
Cowboys: Eels (loss), Titans (win) - (points finish = 14 to 16/18) / (projected finish = 16 to 18 points). Eels and Titans wins?

BOLD = playing team still in spoon contention.
(win/loss) = previously won/lost to that team this season.
Projected finish based on results earlier this season.

Updated after all Round 23 games.

Last edited:

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The race for the wooden spoon just got interesting.
The two sides that were most favourite to win it both recorded victories..... Titans & Manly.
The other two contenders are Parramatta & the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs.
At this stage I still reckon that The Titans have the weakest roster, but they have 4 wins now, 2 more than Canterbury.
I have a feeling it will go down to the wire.
Over the next three games should we lose all three we need the following to happen to avoid the wooden spoon...
Round 23
Storm beat Parra
Sharks beat Cowboys

Round 24
Cowboys beat Parra

Round 25
Roosters beat Parra

If we lose all three and so long as we don't lose our games by more than 20+ we will avoid the spoon on for and against. We need one win to be safe.

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
I’d love it if Manly got the spoon so I can rub it in to this particular manly supporter who has been a smug prick at Touch Football for years

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d love it if Manly got the spoon so I can rub it in to this particular manly supporter who has been a smug prick at Touch Football for years
Ditto for me except for a Parra supporter at my work.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
SPOON WATCH - END ROUND 23

Due to Cowboys vs Eels only one of those 2 sides can reach 18 points at end of season, the other can only reach 16 points. This rules out Titans from the spoon and leaves it a 4 horse race.

upload_2018-8-19_18-29-54.png

Still in contention: Bulldogs, Manly, Cowboys, Eels.
Cut off for spoon: More than 16 you are safe - due to Eels vs Cowboys game.

REMAINING GAMES:
Bulldogs: Dragons (loss), Sharks (loss) - (points finish = 16 to 20) / (projected finish = 16 to 20 points). Tough to call.
Manly: Tigers (loss), Broncos (win) - (points finish = 16 to 20) / (projected finish = 16 to 18 points). Tough to call.
Eels: Cowboys (win), Roosters - (points finish = 14 to 16/18) / (projected finish = 14 to 16 points). One other win?
Cowboys: Eels (loss), Titans (win) - (points finish = 14 to 16/18) / (projected finish = 16 to 18 points). Eels and Titans wins?

BOLD = playing team still in spoon contention.
(win/loss) = previously won/lost to that team this season.
Projected finish based on results earlier this season.

Updated after all Round 23 games.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
When did we last miss finals 2 years running?

Status
Not open for further replies.