Ben Barba granted release from St Helens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i would get him only so we can release him and make everybody feel better

Robert61

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I wouldn't disregard uncle Nicks personal salary cap, by getting Barba the rotters can have another laugh you bulldogs develop them we get them.
So true. Sonny Bill was on Foxtel this afternoon saying he only left the dogs because they reneged on what they offered him. He forgot to mention that the rorters threw everything at him including the kitchen sink. About time these footballers owned up about their loyalties and admit it's is all about money not loyalty

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Sharks have confirmed that they cannot afford Barba at this point in time. They gave up waiting for him and are committing to Holmes instead.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/08/11...lanagan-says-no-room-for-ben-barba-at-sharks/

Cronulla coach Shane Flanagan has closed the door on a potential homecoming for Ben Barba, claiming the club has no room in the salary cap for the 2012 Dally M Medal winner.

An integral part of the Sharks' 2016 premiership-winning team, Barba was released from English Super League team St Helens on Friday, sparking talk that he could return to the shire.

Speaking on the eve of his team's crucial road clash with NRL titleholders Melbourne, Flanagan said re-acquiring the 29-year-old was not a possibility because of financial reasons, plus the fact the club has Queensland origin rep Valentine Holmes capably filling the fullback role.

"He's an important player but at the moment Benny Barba is off the market for us. Originally we were of the understanding that his club wouldn't be letting him go and I know one thing - that money doesn't grow on trees out here in the Shire. He's a great player and he's part of the club's history and if we could get him back we'd get him back, but it's not going to be possible with the salary cap and the position we're in at the moment. We've decided that we want to invest in Val long-term here at the club and that's bubbling away behind the scenes and hopefully that comes off and Val will be our No.1."

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Sharks or roosters
Do we know if Barba is going to be Sydney or Qld bound though? Isn't all their family in Qld?

If so Cowboys maybe?

Sharks are out...
Roosters don't have space (and Wyong cut ties with them because they were sick of being a dumping ground).

Dragons MAYBE with Nightingale retiring, but their fullback spots locked out with Dufty/Field.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Do we know if Barba is going to be Sydney or Qld bound though? Isn't all their family in Qld?

If so Cowboys maybe?

Sharks are out...
Roosters don't have space (and Wyong cut ties with them because they were sick of being a dumping ground).

Dragons MAYBE with Nightingale retiring, but their fullback spots locked out with Dufty/Field.
Homesick?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bring him back at all costs if we can, I said this a few months back after curiously watching him carve up in the SL too see if he still had the goods.....AND!!!

He still did/does

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One thing I’ve noticed over the last two years is we lack a player who can bust a game wide open. Reynolds use to try with his energy. But tonight’s game, in that 2nd half. We had no one we could throw the ball to, and bust the game wide open with a line break.

Barba can do that. He will never hit the heights of 2012. Ever. But he’s got that x-factor ability. He can make a break. He can score long range tries. He has SPEED. We are seriously lacking in speed. Make an offer. And get him back where he belongs!

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had goose bumps watching Barba 2012 Highlights. What are a talent...

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So true. Sonny Bill was on Foxtel this afternoon saying he only left the dogs because they reneged on what they offered him. He forgot to mention that the rorters threw everything at him including the kitchen sink. About time these footballers owned up about their loyalties and admit it's is all about money not loyalty
Bullshit dogs did, he signed and was happy then flicked his manager for Nasser I think, then Nasser needed coin and went looking for better offers
His a lieing piece of shit

Status
Not open for further replies.