Womens Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dragons & Roosters got a womens team this year.. I wonder if we applied..

Would have been great publicity for the club & 'brand' as thry call it these days..

Plus could have got to see some cute girls playing in our colours..

Extra pre game entertainment - cant be a bad thing

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Sharks, probably the club that did the most for Women’s rugby league, didn’t get chosen to have an WNRL team, and the Roosters did, I highly doubt the NRL would give us a team.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
What are the conditions for the NRL approving this or not?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
We have one as well.

Part of the Harvey Norman Womans Premiership (and Tarsha Gale Cup is the NSW Cup of Womans Premiership).

Brothers, Cabra, Bulldogs, Cronulla, Mounties, CountryRL, Bears, Souths, Wenty - all sides in the Womans Premiership (finals on this weekend and it's Souths vs Mounties). We didn't make the finals.

Tarsha Gale Cup has: Cronulla, Illawarra, Wests, Knights, Panthers, Dragons, Rabbitohs, Roosters, Eels, Raiders and Bulldogs (we got the spoon).

Cronulla are strong in both comps (they won Tarsha Gale Cup). This year over 13 rounds one woman scored 26 tries, and another 19 for Sharks. For Illawarra 24 tries and 20.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We have one as well.

Part of the Harvey Norman Womans Premiership (and Tarsha Gale Cup is the NSW Cup of Womans Premiership).

Brothers, Cabra, Bulldogs, Cronulla, Mounties, CountryRL, Bears, Souths, Wenty - all sides in the Womans Premiership (finals on this weekend and it's Souths vs Mounties). We didn't make the finals.

Tarsha Gale Cup has: Cronulla, Illawarra, Wests, Knights, Panthers, Dragons, Rabbitohs, Roosters, Eels, Raiders and Bulldogs (we got the spoon).

Cronulla are strong in both comps (they won Tarsha Gale Cup). This year over 13 rounds one woman scored 26 tries, and another 19 for Sharks. For Illawarra 24 tries and 20.
You must be talking about a different comp..

Proper pre NRL one with funky jerseys and rep players starts soon

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be talking about a different comp..

Proper pre NRL one with funky jerseys and rep players starts soon
Just out of curiosity G-Dog
Are these ladies playing full contact or is it just tip
I’m all for them to have a good run around the park

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think it’s like that female grid iron game where they wear underwear

Last edited:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
You must be talking about a different comp..Proper pre NRL one with funky jerseys and rep players starts soon
Okay figured it out.

There are two competitions with near identical names (because the NRL are idiots).

https://www.nswrl.com.au/about/competitions/womens-premiership/ - That's the one I'm talking about. Harvey Normans NSW Womans Premiership was first founded in 2005 and expanded into its current format in 2017.
https://www.nrl.com/womens/premiership/ - NRL Womans Premiership (featuring 4 teams). Created this year.

Rather than try to work with NSWRL and get QRL onboard for a multi state womans premiership the NRL are trying to reinvent the wheel (and have fucked it in the process).

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Newcastle Knights, St. George Illawarra Dragons, Brisbane Broncos, New Zealand Warriors, Sydney Roosters, South Sydney Rabbitohs and Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks all declared their interest in applying for a licence to participate in the inaugural NRL Women's competition. Other clubs, such as the Melbourne Storm, Manly Warringah Sea Eagles, Gold Coast Titans, Canberra Raiders, Wests Tigers, Parramatta Eels, Penrith Panthers and Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs, all decided to delay bidding until at least the next season, citing money and time constraints

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sounds like something rae rae would have chosen over rebuilding the club.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like something rae rae would have chosen over rebuilding the club.
As long as she never chose to play, would probably be ineligible anyways seeing it isn't technically a woman

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Think I read an interview that said we passed on fielding a team. Shame really would be good to be a foundation club, missed opportunity?

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Full contact.. with mud and jelly wrestling on the ground once opposition player is gang tackled

Status
Not open for further replies.