Lachlan Lewis - Consolidated Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
If we are stuck with a Foran and fit, would like to see him play next to him too.
Agree mate, I think Foran will benefit greatly with Lewis taking the kicking and playmaking responsibility from him.

Ogre

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Agree mate, I think Foran will benefit greatly with Lewis taking the kicking and playmaking responsibility from him.
It will end up being a young DCE when he was coming up and Foran combination look like.. except Lewis is already heaps better than DCE.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He has time too. Only a few players ever have that.
I like Lewis but can’t agree. He certainly takes his time kicking, but I’ve seen him rushed and put off plenty of times, same with passing. The rare players with ‘time’, have that because they’ve got so many options. They keep opposition guessing and in 2 minds. Lewis is a very good young player but doesn’t have that.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I like Lewis but can’t agree. He certainly takes his time kicking, but I’ve seen him rushed and put off plenty of times, same with passing. The rare players with ‘time’, have that because they’ve got so many options. They keep opposition guessing and in 2 minds. Lewis is a very good young player but doesn’t have that.
That's cool, agree to disagree. Those rare players you mention get rushed aswell. JT does all the time. The "time" illusion isn't so much due to "options" it's seems to be more the players body language, positional placement and how long they hold the ball before doing something with it. Lewis for example will catch the ball and even though the defence is coming he will not panic and wait to have a look at where to kick it before kicking. He generates time because he is actually thinking and looking. Most other players including the hacks we have had for years will catch ball, kick and then look so they don't get hit. The result of that is well known. Lewis knows where to stand to allow extra time to asses his next move as the defence takes longer to arrive. He is more calculated which is the trait that he shares with "great" players. I stand by the original remark but appreciate your point of view and the discussion on it.

Last edited:

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The way Lewis positions him self gives him all the time in the world. The way I see it is there’s no point in him rushing the kick with the space availabe.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This kids a true leader and he’s already making players around him better.

massive potential!!!

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup, we'll at least to keep an eye on the kids development. What can I say, some people have an eye for it and some people don't.
Hahahahahahahaha lol...get ya hand off it.

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's cool, agree to disagree. Those rare players you mention get rushed aswell. JT does all the time. The "time" illusion isn't so much due to "options" it's seems to be more the players body language, positional placement and how long they hold the ball before doing something with it. Lewis for example will catch the ball and even though the defence is coming he will not panic and wait to have a look at where to kick it before kicking. He generates time because he is actually thinking and looking. Most other players including the hacks we have had for years will catch ball, kick and then look so they don't get hit. The result of that is well known. Lewis knows where to stand to allow extra time to asses his next move as the defence takes longer to arrive. He is more calculated which is the trait that he shares with "great" players. I stand by the original remark but appreciate your point of view and the discussion on it.
Lewis's defence is heaps better than JT already. What it means is that Lewis is not afraid to get hit while making a pass or a kick, so he can concentrate on executing his play rather than worry about what the opposition is going to do him. Huge potential, very happy he is in the Blue & White Jersey but then again time will tell if he reaches his potential.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lewis's defence is heaps better than JT already. What it means is that Lewis is not afraid to get hit while making a pass or a kick, so he can concentrate on executing his play rather than worry about what the opposition is going to do him. Huge potential, very happy he is in the Blue & White Jersey but then again time will tell if he reaches his potential.
A kid 5 games into his career has already started to take the reins and is more willing to run around the field than any other player in the team. His got leadership written all over him. Plenty followed JT for those attributes, we can only hope he has the same affect.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cheers mate. Just hope he continues to improve at the rate he is now.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The thing I like about Lewis is he competes in everything. He's probably squeezed as much good football into his NRL time as Mbye did with our club. I hope he keeps improving. But already I think that he's going to take some attention off his halves patner. If we have someone good partnering him we could be a dangerous team next year.

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Neither did those players at 20 they didn’t have options/time naturally they developed that over time once combinations were developed with the players and structures around them... he just knows and understands the game unlike a lot of current players who are more athletes with one or two tricks. He is a genuine playmaker and the dogs fans should be extremely excited TBH my only concern is what he will do after his 2 year contract as his star continues to rise..

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The blunt Bulldogs exposed without Prince Lewis: Round 22 Match Report

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs travelled to Brookvale to face the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles, as Round 22 of the NRL celebrated the women in league.

In a rather lackluster performance, the blue and white wave that had been building momentum over the previous fortnight, after wins against the Broncos and Tigers, came crashing down in a sea of poorly executed last tackle options and unimaginative attack.

Lachlan Lewis withdrew from the selected seventeen for personal reasons and Matt Frawley stepped in to work in the halves with Jeremy Marshall-King and it was that line-up change that caused many of the issues the Dogs faced on the night.

It was a cagey and low scoring start to the contest after an early penalty to Daly Cherry-Evans. Reimis Smith ran an excellent line through the center of the ruck to score after twenty minutes and the Bulldogs had hope. Another penalty drew the Eagles closer prior to the break yet the Bulldogs held sway 6-4, as the teams headed to the sheds.

The lead should have been far greater and once again highlighted the attacking deficiencies in the Canterbury spine without Lewis involved. Matt Frawley struggled throughout and Marshall-King was unable to create definitive chances on the fringe of the ruck.

As well as the Bulldogs defended in the second-half, the rather aimless decisions with the ball never really threatened the Eagles line consistently enough and two tries from Tom Trbojevic and a four pointer to Addin Fonua-Blake saw the home side kick away to a comfortable 18-6 victory.

David Klemmer and Aiden Tolman both tallied just shy of two hundred meters and decent numbers they are, however, it has been the trend in recent years for the Bulldogs to become too forward orientated when the halves fail to create. It happened again last night. It continues a pattern of big forward running numbers, high completions and plenty of possession, yet little creativity and an inability to score frequently enough.

It is undoubtedly Dean Pay’s biggest challenge leading into 2019 and a fit and fresh Keiran Foran or the young and enthusiastic Jack Cogger might be lurking in the back of his mind, as he tries to instill some attacking potency into his team.

Three weeks remain in the competition and the Bulldogs will look to continue their role as spoiler, starting this coming Sunday against the Warriors at ANZ. It will be a tough ask, with the Warriors looking a real threat the longer the season runs and the Bulldogs slipping into some bad attacking habits against the Eagles.

Final Score

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 6 Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 18

How did you see the contest? Can the Bulldogs bounce back next week? Be sure to add your comments in the space below to join in the Bulldog conversation.

https://www.stuartthomas.com.au/the...d-without-prince-lewis-round-22-match-report/

Last edited by a moderator:

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bad attacking habits have been our achilles heel for far too long. Yesterday showed how much Lewis means to the team moving forward.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Withdrew for personal reasons???Hope we haven’t got another Unstable half on our hands. I remember Foran basically had to stop mid season when was with the Eels. I suppose better this year than next.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bad attacking habits have been our achilles heel for far too long. Yesterday showed how much Lewis means to the team moving forward.
The team Missed him big time. He has brought a lot of enthusiasm to the team. They were lost without him. If the prince was there more points would off been scored especially in the 1st half. Hopefully all is good with him and looking forward to his next game.

Status
Not open for further replies.