SBW has left the door open to return to the NRL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was great in 2013. I thought he was pretty shit in 2014 though. If he does come back in 2020 or 21, I think he’ll be absolute kaka. I hope he does and fails spectacularly!
I think Cordner was more of a star but Sonny Bill still put in work. I remember him killing it for me in Supercoach too. I think what hurts the most is that Sonny Bill has won almost everything since leaving us. In his mind he would justify his actions as correct due to having such a successful career

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I think Cordner was more of a star but Sonny Bill still put in work. I remember him killing it for me in Supercoach too. I think what hurts the most is that Sonny Bill has won almost everything since leaving us. In his mind he would justify his actions as correct due to having such a successful career
It was a long time ago... but I remember SBW being very good in 2013 and that he didn’t have as good a year in 2014.

Agreed. I guess it’s really a matter of conscience and only he can dictate what weighs on his.... it’s in the past now, I guess.... but it still pisses me off to see him talking about not turning for back on family in reference to the roosters after the stunt he pulled on us. It’s a bit rich!

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The only way this spineless dick would've made it up to dogs fans would have been by coming back to the dogs not the cocks

Fuck $bw

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
dean pay did the same thing
No he didn’t. Pay won a premiership with us after deciding to leave. SBW wouldn’t be the first to backflip on a contract, but to skip out on your teammates with no announcement in the middle of a season was on another level. Totally different situations.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
No he didn’t. Pay won a premiership with us after deciding to leave. SBW wouldn’t be the first to backflip on a contract, but to skip out on your teammates with no announcement in the middle of a season was on another level. Totally different situations.
its pretty much the same situation except sbw left mid season and didnt join our arch rivals

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Also Barba was pretty much just as bad as SBW.

Cries until he's granted a release

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
just curious whether Mitchell Pearce still considers the Roosters family?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
its pretty much the same situation except sbw left mid season and didnt join our arch rivals
I don't agree. Skipping out on your fans and teammates in the middle of a season without telling them is very different and much worse. It was the ultimate act of a no account coward. Even Barba looks like a good clubman next to that jerk.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I don't agree. Skipping out on your fans and teammates in the middle of a season without telling them is very different and much worse. It was the ultimate act of a no account coward. Even Barba looks like a good clubman next to that jerk.
no sonny bill tried to get out of his contract in a meeting with greenberg and then retired from the sport, its no different than if he was offered $2m to star in a movie etc

sbw is a better clubman than barba, he won a title and didnt start shit with teammates or get into trouble

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
no sonny bill tried to get out of his contract in a meeting with greenberg and then retired from the sport, its no different than if he was offered $2m to star in a movie etc

sbw is a better clubman than barba, he won a title and didnt start shit with teammates or get into trouble
Ask SBW's 2008 teammates what they think of him. I ran into Nick Youngquest at a function right after it happened and I guarantee you the stunt was not appreciated. I don't care if he tried to get out of it first, he had no legal grounds to do it and skipping out on his teammates like that without telling them was just about the most disloyal thing a professional athlete could do in a team sport. Barba my be a worse person...so far as I know, SBW has never assaulted a spouse and got along well with his teammates until he sold them out....but skipping out on his teammates like that was a lower act than Barba's homesickness ploy....although both were extremely low. I actually understand Pay, Dymock et all's decision in 1995..... the game may have needed new direction, but Super League wasn't the comp to provide it.

He didn't retire from the sport....he made a handshake agreement to return to the sport not long after his departure and ran off to play a very similar sport....stop with the spin doctoring :P

adamsapple

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
All fans talk about sbw blindly
Its only cause he was our star player that this still gets talked about
If it were jarrad hickey that left in the middle of the night no one would have even noticed

No one knows how his relationship with the coach at the time was (It wasn't great)
His mentor did the runners few months before (mason)
He was young and only 22
Contract or no contract everyone and i mean everyone would have done the runners to earn 3 times what you're currently on especially at his age at the time

And some players knew he was doing the runners
Tonga maitua koups roberts all knew he was leaving

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Ask SBW's 2008 teammates what they think of him. I ran into Nick Youngquest at a function right after it happened and I guarantee you the stunt was not appreciated. I don't care if he tried to get out of it first, he had no legal grounds to do it and skipping out on his teammates like that without telling them was just about the most disloyal thing a professional athlete could do in a team sport. Barba my be a worse person...so far as I know, SBW has never assaulted a spouse and got along well with his teammates until he sold them out....but skipping out on his teammates like that was a lower act than Barba's homesickness ploy....although both were extremely low. I actually understand Pay, Dymock et all's decision in 1995..... the game may have needed new direction, but Super League wasn't the comp to provide it.

He didn't retire from the sport....he made a handshake agreement to return to the sport not long after his departure and ran off to play a very similar sport....stop with the spin doctoring :P
no skipping out on his teammates like that is not that bad because it was a write off year and the club was dismantling the team, like the new board came in, noad was let go, utai, tonga, corey hughes, perry, folkes were on the way out and mason, sherwin, o meley had already been moved

nick youngquest did not require an explanation

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
no skipping out on his teammates like that is not that bad because it was a write off year and the club was dismantling the team, like the new board came in, noad was let go, utai, tonga, corey hughes, perry, folkes were on the way out and mason, sherwin, o meley had already been moved

nick youngquest did not require an explanation
Whatever, mate....you're talking horse shit. If you think his teammates appreciated him abandoning them and more or less foisting the spoon on them after an already trying season, you're kidding yourself. There's no justification for pulling a stunt like that in a professional team environment. You're making yourself look a bit silly by suggesting there was nothing wrong with what he did. Skipping out on a team mid season is worse than agitating for an early release and SBW is a plank head who seemingly has no conscience/ ethics.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Nick Youngquest should only be mentioned in that ‘name a random NRL player ‘ thread lol

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Whatever, mate....you're talking horse shit. If you think his teammates appreciated him abandoning them and more or less foisting the spoon on them after an already trying season, you're kidding yourself. There's no justification for pulling a stunt like that in a professional team environment. You're making yourself look a bit silly by suggesting there was nothing wrong with what he did. Skipping out on a team mid season is worse than agitating for an early release and SBW is a plank head who seemingly has no conscience/ ethics.
i didnt say there was nothing wrong with what he did (apologise to me), i say its not as bad as you think

you are downplaying the pay move to go to court just so he could play for parramatta eels for more money after he signed a deal

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
i didnt say there was nothing wrong with what he did (apologise to me), i say its not as bad as you think

you are downplaying the pay move to go to court just so he could play for parramatta eels for more money after he signed a deal
Semantics. I'll apologise to you when SBW issues a genuine and sincere apology to the club and stops displaying his hypocrisy by preaching his loyalty to Politis.

I don't think I'm downplaying anything. I think you are over simplifying in order to support your agenda. To suggest it was solely about money when there were two competitions at war is not exactly looking at the full picture, is it?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Semantics. I'll apologise to you when SBW issues a genuine and sincere apology to the club and stops displaying his hypocrisy by preaching his loyalty to Politis.

I don't think I'm downplaying anything. I think you are over simplifying in order to support your agenda. To suggest it was solely about money when there were two competitions at war is not exactly looking at the full picture, is it?
if its not about money and he wanted to play for parramatta then its even worse

Status
Not open for further replies.