SBW has left the door open to return to the NRL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tazer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Can't stand the way the media and players like SBW suck up to Politis.....its nauseating. Has anyone noticed how any criticism of the Roosters/Politis is jumped all over by Nicks attack attack dogs Rothfield and Kent? They both fawn over him as if he's the Messiah.

SBW goes on about what an honourable bloke Politis is....its all absolute crap. Just ask one of their favourite sons Mitchell Pearce how much loyalty he has. As soon as someone better came along he was shafted big time. Politis and the Roosters are a blight on the game.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Won't be back, how are the Roosters gunna squeeze him in and why do you think he said he's nearly 34?

Bulldog_NJ

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The part that shits me most is that the deal was done with Politis as soon as Sonny left! I'd be willing to be that the deal was done before he left, and they used union as an excuse. Had the NRL not blocked his return for the duration of his contract, he would have been playing for the cocks a lot sooner. I still despise the ****.

Isaac

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sonny Bill Williams has left the door open to return to the NRL, admitting to a handshake agreement with the Roosters!

HE started his career in the NRL and he hasn’t ruled out finishing in the same way.

Dual-code champion and All Blacks star Sonny Bill Williams has admitted to a relationship with Roosters boss Nick Politis that is like “family”.

Williams won a premiership with the Roosters in 2013, where he spent two seasons before defecting back to rugby union at the end of the 2014 season.

Appearing on The Matty Johns Show on Sunday night, Williams was asked to address the ongoing rumours that he would finish his career in the NRL — and he didn’t rule it out.

“To be honest, bro, I’m 34 next year,” he said.

“I’m just happy doing what I love doing. I’m really concentrating on things off the field.

I really want to affect my Pasifika people. With that comes responsibility.

“I need to learn and I need more knowledge in that field, which I’m doing, I’m studying for my coaching papers, so god willing I make it through next year and make that World Cup side, then after that, I have to keep the wife happy and then if I do play on it’ll have to be at a place where I can still have a voice.”

Williams started his rugby league career with the Bulldogs in 2004 before famously walking out on the club to join a French rugby club mid-season in 2008.

He was widely criticised for the move and was considered to have walked out on his Bulldogs teammates in the middle of the night.

Understandably, his return to the NRL after five years in the rival code was an enormous moment for Williams and the game.

However, Williams had an immediate impact on the Roosters and led them to the 2013 premiership, cementing his status as a rare dual code superstar.

Williams said as soon as he left rugby league he began having conversations with Politis, who was trying to lure him back to the code.

“Pretty much as soon as I left rugby league we started that conversation,” he said.

“We came to the mutual understanding, the mutual agreement, you could call it a handshake agreement if you like, that if I do ever come back to rugby league it would be with the Roosters.

“When I decided to come back it was always going to be with the Roosters.

“Me and Nick go way back a long way, we’re like family. You don’t just win a premiership with somebody and then just close those doors.”

Source: https://www.news.com.au/sport/sport...s/news-story/9f21824506524b4ad8db4f6d83c79861

Not sure where to post this but I thought it was harsh for him to call Politis and the Roosters family considering the Bulldogs are known to be the family club, and we gave him his start and treated him well, I know some of you will be saying who cares move on, BUT for me it will always be a sore spot seeing this kid play against our blue and white side!
Politis is a millionaire so he paid sbw side deals to play for roosters, so it’s not family it’s business. I’m sure nrl will investigate Nick Politis side deals because I don’t really understand how his current team is under the cap!!!!!!

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sbw to captain/coach roosters reserve grade

Tazer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Politis is a millionaire so he paid sbw side deals to play for roosters, so it’s not family it’s business. I’m sure nrl will investigate Nick Politis side deals because I don’t really understand how his current team is under the cap!!!!!!
The Roosters will never be investigated for under the table deals for the very simple reason that Politis has most of the media in his pocket. Just look at the way Rothfield and Kent jump to his defence as soon as anyone brings this stuff up. Its quite obvious that where Politis is concerned, most of the sports media are totally compromised. Politis is a smart man.........he didn't become a billionaire by not having all the bases covered.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
"You don’t just win a premiership with somebody and then just close those doors.”

That saturday night in 2008 i'll never forget..he's a grub!!
100 percent. That’s exactly what he did- closed the door on the club that launched his career and at which he won his first premiership. And he says he’s about morals and ethics. What a hypocritical fuckwit. Worst bulldog ever, from a club loyalty POV.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I will never forget what he did to us but come on his Roosters stint was not shithouse
He was great in 2013. I thought he was pretty shit in 2014 though. If he does come back in 2020 or 21, I think he’ll be absolute kaka. I hope he does and fails spectacularly!

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
A man of honour, true to his word, he has a handshake agreement with Politis. It's a shame he didn't have such integrity in 2008.

Will be a great day when he retires from sport and becomes irrelevant.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
for the most part, the SBW drama is over... it has been 10 years since he walked out on us and so much has happened since to both the club and for SBW

but there are two aspects that i still do not understand -

(1) why is it only the fact the SBW walked discussed? how about him disparaging Folkes and Dr Hugh Hazard on his way out? how about Danny Weidler's collusion to that? how about the fact that the club looked to discuss and settle any grievances with him in the lead up to the walk out (eg. dinner with the club CEO) but he did not attend but rather sent Anthony Mundine in his stead? why is it not discussed that although SBW walked and could not return to the NRL until 2013, it is clear that he was negotiating with the Roosters well before 2013? why push the club did wrong by SBW angle (see recent interview where they allow and then don't question SBW's assertion that the club had promised him things which they reneged on leading to the walk out)? how about the club standing by him when he had multiple injuries in 2003, 2004 and 2005? how about standing by him while he f*%#ed that fame craving Falzon in a pub toilet? were we responsible for such a restrictive salary cap at the time which precluded us from paying him similar sort of money to European rugby? did we not off load players (eg. Asotasi, Myles) to allow money to be invested in SBW? why should the club have been punished for negotiating a favourable long term deal with one of the most sought after commodities in the game when that same commodity turns around and walks? do we get our players back from the Rabbits and Roosters? can we just tear up contracts where players are underperforming, regressing, injured etc.?

a contract is simply put a legally binding promise... your word you give to the other contracting party that you will be bound by the mutually agreed terms... why does SBW escape criticism for negotiating said contract?

(2) how does Mundine exert such influence on these stars, professionals, men? Haumono, SBW, Quade Cooper, Blake Ferguson? which of them - bar SBW - did as good or better after Mundine's influence? Haumono went from a damaging forward to a reserve grader to a NSW level boxer... Cooper was in and out of the Wallabies during a bleak period for the Wallabies... Ferguson has done well enough i guess... and yet, you cannot underestimate Mundine's influence seen by their willingness to box, SBW converting to Islam, walking out on contracts, sham stories put on for those morons on Channel 9 to parrot on footy shows etc.

Last edited:

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Although I will never know the true events that lead to him walking away....I will always consider him to be a stain in the crouch of our club!

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
for the most part, the SBW drama is over... it has been 10 years since he walked out on us and so much has happened since to both the club and for SBW

but there are two aspects that i still do not understand -

(1) why is it only the fact the SBW walked discussed? how about him disparaging Folkes and Dr Hugh Hazard on his way out? how about Danny Weidler's collusion to that? how about the fact that the club looked to discuss and settle any grievances with him in the lead up to the walk out (eg. dinner with the club CEO) but he did not attend but rather sent Anthony Mundine in his stead? why is it not discussed that although SBW walked and could not return to the NRL until 2013, it is clear that he was negotiating with the Roosters well before 2013? why push the club did wrong by SBW angle (see recent interview where they allow and then don't question SBW's assertion that the club had promised him things which they reneged on leading to the walk out)? how about the club standing by him when he had multiple injuries in 2003, 2004 and 2005? how about standing by him while he f*%#ed that fame craving Falzon in a pub toilet? were we responsible for such a restrictive salary cap at the time which precluded us from paying him similar sort of money to European rugby? did we not off load players (eg. Asotasi, Myles) to allow money to be invested in SBW? why should the club have been punished for negotiating a favourable long term deal with one of the most sought after commodities in the game when that same commodity turns around and walks? do we get our players back from the Rabbits and Roosters? can we just tear up contracts where players are underperforming, regressing, injured etc.?

a contract is simply put a legally binding promise... your word you give to the other contracting party that you will be bound by the mutually agreed terms... why does SBW escape criticism for negotiating said contract?

(2) how does Mundine exert such influence on these stars, professionals, men? Haumono, SBW, Quade Cooper, Blake Ferguson? which of them - bar SBW - did as good or better after Mundine's influence? Haumono went from a damaging forward to a reserve grader to a NSW level boxer... Cooper was in and out of the Wallabies during a bleak period for the Wallabies... Ferguson has done well enough i guess... and yet, you cannot underestimate Mundine's influence seen by their willingness to box, SBW converting to Islam, walking out on contracts, sham stories put on for those morons on Channel 9 to parrot on footy shows etc.
Brilliant!

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
They can have the money hungry whore.

Klemmer will knock him the fuck out anyways.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I forgot about the **** until fox started pulling their pin dicks all week over him.

_BT_

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roosters have a mill spare in their cap for sure. They always find a mill from somewhere. Politis is such a top bloke, helps the NRL with some investment strategies right at the same time SBW needs a job. #makeithappen lol

Status
Not open for further replies.