JJ praised pay

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I didn’t. I just wanted a coach that gave a shit about the club, it’s history and supporters. And Pay has that. Unlike the scumbag before him who took us all for a big ride.

I mentioned this many times before, both Chris Anderson and Steve Folkes didn’t look great early in their coaching careers, both had to go through a rebuild but both gave us a premiership. Give Pay some time, he’s got that Bulldog in him, and that’s all we can ask for really.
Just abroad statement. Either way someone has got to be given a proper chance, I did that with Hasler and same with Pay. The commentators said last night a quote that was awesome and it was words to the affect of, "They said goodbye to Mbye and Woods and they are improving". We also have to remember the massive out last night of Klemm. The team of underdogs are responding to whatever is happening at the club.....we haven't seen that since 2012. I love where we are at the moment, the rebuild couldn't have been started any better IMO. I am excited to watch us play again, it's been like 6 years since I've felt that. I don't want to get carried away but Lewis is our next big thing, I hope we are smart with is one.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just abroad statement. Either way someone has got to be given a proper chance, I did that with Hasler and same with Pay. The commentators said last night a quote that was awesome and it was words to the affect of, "They said goodbye to Mbye and Woods and they are improving". We also have to remember the massive out last night of Klemm. The team of underdogs are responding to whatever is happening at the club.....we haven't seen that since 2012. I love where we are at the moment, the rebuild couldn't have been started any better IMO. I am excited to watch us play again, it's been like 6 years since I've felt that. I don't want to get carried away but Lewis is our next big thing, I hope we are smart with is one.
How about El Magic version 2? Someone should make a sign in the Bulldogs army “Hazem El Martin” or just “El Martin”

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
LOL.......

To all those “sack pay” bandwagoners
As I said... has to be given a chance to prove what he can do!! That’s why I was always holding judgment and as you can see.. things are starting to click slowly.

Maybe pay is the right coach!!

Never know.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've noticed most who've criticised Pay also go on to say how they could do it better. Makes me laugh how delusional some people are.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pay has the team playing with heart and we’re improving game by game. We’ve just won 2 in a row. Pay is improving and needs time. The haters have short attention spans and can’t wait.
Last nights game i , checked the score and decided to watch it, first time in about 6 weeks that i have watched one. Im so glad i did!!
This team and coach has had to deal with soooo much adversity this year, as well as injuries to key players, and we also started the year with a team that no one expected to play finals football except for us die hard fans.
Through all of this adversity there have been some real lows, but we have also been pretty competitive in many games, and been robbed by poor refereeing decisions in others. So given all of the adversity and difficult times i think its a testament to the fact Dean Pay could very well be a good coach in the making after the past two wins.
Dean Pay has never been talked up as a supercoach in the making, he has always been spoken about as a fantastic player manager. Someone who can bring people together and create a family environment, which is no doubt something he learnt from his time playing for the dogs when Bullfrog was in charge. And im not talking up the bulldogs "family club" values, just what i have read about the junior clubs and bush footy teams dean Pay has coached, he has always been mentioned as someone who is very good at bringing people together.
You can have all the stars in the game and still fail if you cant bring them together as a team. As the age old adage goes, "a champion team is better then a team of champions". This is something i think Dean is starting to build at the dogs. He has got rid of some dead wood, and some balsa wood, and is starting to have more of an impact as a coach.
To see the players playing with so much energy and enjoyment last night was great to see, and tbh i didnt expect it after the season we have had. So these are very good signs so late in the piece as far as im concerned, and with another off season and the addition of a few key new players, i think things are certainly looking more positive for next year.
Hats off to you mr. Pay. In tough times i think you have done pretty well keeping it all together.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Didn't JJ praise Des Hasler when he was coach.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Can we have a "fuck off your a wanker" emoji on the forums just for sxcboi posts? It could probably be automatic on every one of his posts so we dont have to waste time clicking.....
Put him on ignore is you don't like his posts.

Berries

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Ignoring someone who has a different opinion makes you an A grade loser

Instead of trump derangement syndrome we have anyone who criticizes the team derangement syndrome

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Again, I didn’t think we played bad. But they were not all there tonight (Broncs). As glad as I was we won, I won’t be driving down Belmore with my drums out.
As for the Top 4, there is 4 points separating 1st and 7th... Broncos are playing like a side coming 7th, showed tonight
Two weeks ago they put fifty on the panthers so theyre not playing that bad mate. The boys deserve all credit due right now, stop trying to justify your post.

Last edited:

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Two weeks ago they put fifty on the panthers so theyre not playing that bad mate. The boys deserve all credit due right now, stop trying to justify your post.
Only two weeks ago?? Wow mate, you are one smart cookie. That’s it then, give them the premiership because Rugby League isn’t based on a whole season.

It was only this season the dragons were on top of the ladder, why are they where they are now? I just can’t fathom that. Please explain that one to me Einstein

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah this is his weakness, deno has to get better at the bench rotation or it will cost us.
I’ll give him a chance and see what he can do .
Dean Pay works with the players every day. He knows what they can and cant do. He knows when to give them a spell.
His bench rotations are all done with purpose.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Only two weeks ago?? Wow mate, you are one smart cookie. That’s it then, give them the premiership because Rugby League isn’t based on a whole season.

It was only this season the dragons were on top of the ladder, why are they where they are now? I just can’t fathom that. Please explain that one to me Einstein
No need to get all emptional mate. I wasnt having a go at you. But the broncos have hardly been shit this year. And obviously the whole season is what matters. But the dogs played them out of the game last night when we had nothing to really gain and they had so much to gain. It was a bloody good effort and they deserve a little bit of love and support.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last nights game i , checked the score and decided to watch it, first time in about 6 weeks that i have watched one. Im so glad i did!!
This team and coach has had to deal with soooo much adversity this year, as well as injuries to key players, and we also started the year with a team that no one expected to play finals football except for us die hard fans.
Through all of this adversity there have been some real lows, but we have also been pretty competitive in many games, and been robbed by poor refereeing decisions in others. So given all of the adversity and difficult times i think its a testament to the fact Dean Pay could very well be a good coach in the making after the past two wins.
Dean Pay has never been talked up as a supercoach in the making, he has always been spoken about as a fantastic player manager. Someone who can bring people together and create a family environment, which is no doubt something he learnt from his time playing for the dogs when Bullfrog was in charge. And im not talking up the bulldogs "family club" values, just what i have read about the junior clubs and bush footy teams dean Pay has coached, he has always been mentioned as someone who is very good at bringing people together.
You can have all the stars in the game and still fail if you cant bring them together as a team. As the age old adage goes, "a champion team is better then a team of champions". This is something i think Dean is starting to build at the dogs. He has got rid of some dead wood, and some balsa wood, and is starting to have more of an impact as a coach.
To see the players playing with so much energy and enjoyment last night was great to see, and tbh i didnt expect it after the season we have had. So these are very good signs so late in the piece as far as im concerned, and with another off season and the addition of a few key new players, i think things are certainly looking more positive for next year.
Hats off to you mr. Pay. In tough times i think you have done pretty well keeping it all together.
Yeah man like ive stated a few times i spent 3 seasons with him. He just seems to be able to get everyone on the same page. Everyone playing for each other and enjoying it. Man he had us younger blokes in first grade that switched on and pumped i felt sorry for our weaker opposition when we would blow em off the park. A simple good fella who gives a dam about all aspects of your life not just winning and collecting pay cheque.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah man like ive stated a few times i spent 3 seasons with him. He just seems to be able to get everyone on the same page. Everyone playing for each other and enjoying it. Man he had us younger blokes in first grade that switched on and pumped i felt sorry for our weaker opposition when we would blow em off the park. A simple good fella who gives a dam about all aspects of your life not just winning and collecting pay cheque.
Thats exactly what we need from a coach at the moment. Haslers time just left a festering carcass so to speak. The team needs time to heal. I really believe that the mental side of sport is also really important.

Status
Not open for further replies.