Canterbury sign Roosters forward Chris Smith

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Speaking of the rooster. I tuned in before kick off and thought it was a rooster home game? What was the official attendance of the game? They say the game is stronger than ever,then why are most stadiums empty? Penrith home games don't count. There's not much to do in Penrith,that's why they always get a good turn out.

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thought he held his own tonight, fairly solid debut, nothing flash but nothing to complain about.

Hope he kicks on.

Reactions: DT

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Thought he held his own tonight, fairly solid debut, nothing flash but nothing to complain about.

Hope he kicks on.
Honestly, tonight he was about 40% of his usual ISP self.

His best is coming soon.

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly, tonight he was about 40% of his usual ISP self.

His best is coming soon.
Seen him play for wyong against us earlier in the yr and he ripped in but that was all i had seen til last night, hope he can bring that to first grade

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
DOGS ADD TO THEIR PACK

Canterbury has landed the signature of Roosters forward Chris Smith from next season.

At 24, Smith has had limited opportunity in the top grade which has paved the way for his move.

Having agreed to a two-year-deal, Smith could still make a move before June 30 should the Roosters sign off on an early release.

Chris Smith of the Roosters races away to score.Source: News Corp Australia
Smith began his career with Penrith in 2015 before moving to the Tricolours the following year.

With the Bulldogs handcuffed by salary cap pressures, Market Watch understands the deal is worth around $95,000 a season.

*foxsports.com.au
He played limited minutes, looked to be a good footballer.
After is first stint, he came off with a massive smile, coaching staff and other player seem to like him alot.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
He played limited minutes, looked to be a good footballer.
After is first stint, he came off with a massive smile, coaching staff and other player seem to like him alot.
I thought he had a good first game with us, plenty to like about him. Didn't realise he was so quick for a big fella.

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
That first run was a goer..great speed for bigger man, see Shrek in him.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
First run was great. Got buckled by Ofahengaue. Needs more time on the field.

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I have high hopes for this bloke , Extremely strong and agile, must be in 17 somewhere

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I have high hopes for this bloke , Extremely strong and agile, must be in 17 somewhere
Yep, was very happy when we signed him. Can easily turn into a hit man for us.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Yep, was very happy when we signed him. Can easily turn into a hit man for us.
I liked his try against Redcliffe.

He had about 3 defenders in front of him. He got the ball at speed and just ploughed straight through them and scored. No fear.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I liked his try against Redcliffe.

He had about 3 defenders in front of him. He got the ball at speed and just ploughed straight through them and scored. No fear.
Yeah his palm on their midget fullback was good, he had a few hanging off him and showed good strength to still be able to hold him off (even though he was a midget)