Time to give Woolford a go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fingal Bay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I've been wanting to see him get a run in first grade all season. It's not like we have stellar options ahead of him keeping him out of the team and we can't do much worse.

Pay better drop Lichaa. These last six weeks need to be used to blood more youngsters no matter how ugly the results might be.

That includes Ogden for Priest and any other youngsters that are eligible with these stupid top 30 restrictions who's form in the lower grades warrants a call up.
He went OK on Saturday. I like the way that Chris Smith plays, give him a go as well. Ogden is a must he has the goods, has to get into the weights in the off-season.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I still like the idea of trying Brown/Lewis halves combo with JMK to hooker even though Pay is probably going to stick with the side as it is for the remainder of the season (barring injury)

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I've been wanting to see him get a run in first grade all season. It's not like we have stellar options ahead of him keeping him out of the team and we can't do much worse.

Pay better drop Lichaa. These last six weeks need to be used to blood more youngsters no matter how ugly the results might be.

That includes Ogden for Priest and any other youngsters that are eligible with these stupid top 30 restrictions who's form in the lower grades warrants a call up.
Got to balance that with keeping the reserve grade competitive. They are currently in 5th spot, so can have a crack in the finals. They were sitting up around 2nd spot for a while until the backline got decimated and we had two 20s players playing next to each other.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Still needs a bit more time ... next year probably.
Hes ready now that we are in crisis. If hes good enough, he ready. Lichaa doesnt play like a hooker, and Brown is ISP standard.
Now is the time to blood him if hes eligible. Plan for the future.

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
kerrod holland is the only interesting player ion the bulldogs, i was right when i said at in round 1

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve watched him play a fair few games this year and think he’s not too shabby
Always in the thick of it and having a go,looks like he has footy smarts
I’m sure dad has a big input in his development which is a plus
Nothing beats good pedigree and personal coaching
Gets exemptions because the old man played
I get a vibe & gut feeling about this red head

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just read on zero tackle woolford is off contract end of this season, so maybe he won't be retained hence why he hasn't been given a go yet

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give him a go, I watched him play NSW cup 3 or 4 times last year and he does throw a good ball off the ground. But more importantly he showed a bit of passion and mongrel. Just like his dad he is a natural dummy half and can play...…...
He is better then his father in my opinion in a lot of facets plus he can kick. His father was known as a pest and was disliked my many at Canberra, St George and opposition! In 2002 Woolford commented that the dogs should have been expelled from the NRL for salary cap

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Rare to see a number 9 in Dogs colours dominate like he did last week no matter the grade

He shits on Lichaa in all facets of 9 play except probably defence

He’s the fittest at the club by a margin so just needs to build more strength and will probably be first choice next year round 1

Last edited:

Valley Viking

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just read on zero tackle woolford is off contract end of this season, so maybe he won't be retained hence why he hasn't been given a go yet
Woolford again looking good today, sharp passing, good defence and put in a nice little kick and regather for a try.

Malla

Reaction score
Rare to see a number 9 in Dogs colours dominate like he did last week no matter the grade

He shits on Lichaa in all facets of 9 play except probably defence

He’s the fittest at the club by a margin so just needs to build more strength and will probably be first choice next year round 1
Would do him the world of good getting a taste of FG before the end of the season as well.

Spines look good for the next few seasons if Woolford can make the jump from ISP to FG. Also good to note Woolford and Prince have played ISP together for a couple of years so they'd have a good combination.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Would do him the world of good getting a taste of FG before the end of the season as well.

Spines look good for the next few seasons if Woolford can make the jump from ISP to FG. Also good to note Woolford and Prince have played ISP together for a couple of years so they'd have a good combination.
Pay is a poor mans hasler he will not drop lichha

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Probably best to have him playing 80 minutes in the ISP for the rest of the season.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Is woolford in our 30?. I would give him a go off the bench. Time to give him a taste

Status
Not open for further replies.