Brett Morris signs with Roosters

Status
Not open for further replies.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Sick of guys coming to our club at top dollar, using it as a holiday retreat and then leaving when something better comes along for alot less.
I said when he first arrived that Aron Woods had come to the dogs for a holiday he didn’t prove me wrong

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Imagine getting paid at least $400k a year with massive bonuses for the next couple for sitting on your arse for 6 months.

I'm truly in the wrong business.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
we could never get the ball to him as swiftly as the Dragons did.
But the Roosters, man thats low.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow perhaps the Roosters can teach us how to manage a salary cap

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Brett will probably be playing NSW Cup next year.

There are claims him or Hall will play second row, but both are too small.

Unless maybe they are moving Manu into the second row, playing Hall in the centres and Morris on the wing.

Either way they need to be investigating... this has officially become a joke now.

Wow perhaps the Roosters can teach us how to manage a salary cap
In order to do that the Roosters would need to have a salary cap to manage.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can’t believe this signing !!! No wonder fans of other clubs get stuck into the Roosters re the salary cap.
Why the hell would they want Brett Morris ?? Name for me one winger at the age of 33 in the last 25 years that has been a success ?
He’s 3-4 years past his best. Daniel Tupou is a fine winger & Ryan Hall comes in for Ferguson. Why does fucking Morris play ? For Wyong !!!
Hasnt been confirmed but I hope it’s bullshit.

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why do everyone keep thinking the Morris boys are good blokes? Do you know them. Fan days, they dont mix. Members days, they dont mix. Sponsor nights, they dont mix. Kids teams go to Dogs training, they dont mix. Did anyone see the film clip of Elliott presenting Josh Jackson his jersey for his 150th game. He sat in the background and couldn't give a fuck. Good riddens to both. They could play but are way past it.
Morris bros were ***** according to Rona... heard it straight from his mouth that they were holding some sort of spaghetti night at Josh's house and they actually told Rona we wasnt welcome. They supposedly ran the IT crowd back at the time and thought their shit didnt stink.

Good riddance.

bells76

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Unless maybe they are moving Manu into the second row, playing Hall in the centres and Morris on the wing.

Either way they need to be investigating... this has officially become a joke now.

Ryan Hall is 188cm and 105kg !!!

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

With who? Wyong the feeder club for the Rorters has opted out due to them losing around a cool million through the partnership.Who will the Roosters leech onto now? Will they have to field a full Intrust squad themselves?

https://www.nbnnews.com.au/2018/03/02/roos-decide-to-cut-ties-with-roosters/

There’s concerns for the future of rugby league on the Central Coast tonight, after the board of the Wyong Roos voted to cut all ties with the Sydney Roosters.

It’s been reported that the decision is motivated by finances, with the Roos forced to pay an annual six-figure sum to keep the partnership afloat.

The intention is to redirect those funds in the sport’s grassroots.

http://www.wyongseniorroos.com.au/cgi-bin/events_sorted.cgi?type=News#news2_2018033110467

The Wyong Rugby League Club Group Board of Directors have made a decision to end the association with the Sydney Roosters from the end of the 2018 season. This decision will end the participation of the Wyong Roos in the NSW Rugby League Intrust Super Premiership competition at the end of the 2018 season. The Wyong Roos have participated in the NSW Rugby League (NSW Cup/ISP NSW) competition since 2013 having made two Grand Finals over the past three years. See below the released reasoning behind the Board of Directors decision.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can’t believe this signing !!! No wonder fans of other clubs get stuck into the Roosters re the salary cap.
Why the hell would they want Brett Morris ?? Name for me one winger at the age of 33 in the last 25 years that has been a success ?
He’s 3-4 years past his best. Daniel Tupou is a fine winger & Ryan Hall comes in for Ferguson. Why does fucking Morris play ? For Wyong !!!
It’s beyond a joke. How they have that roster is beyond my understanding.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s beyond a joke. How they have that roster is beyond my understanding.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

i think they drop Tupou tbh.
1. Tedesco
2. Hall (prefers the left edge, but no stranger to the right in his early rep career. Will help Manu out defensively)
3. Manu
4. Mitchell
5. B.Morris (Tupou may be the bigger man, but Morris can still get some air and provides much more pace imo, will be the perfect player to provide some experience in support play and defence outside a raw Latrell)

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think they drop Tupou tbh.
1. Tedesco
2. Hall (prefers the left edge, but no stranger to the right in his early rep career. Will help Manu out defensively)
3. Manu
4. Mitchell
5. B.Morris (Tupou may be the bigger man, but Morris can still get some air and provides much more pace imo, will be the perfect player to provide some experience in support play and defence outside a raw Latrell)
Give me Tupou over a 32 year old Brett Morris every day of the week.
5 years ago, now that’s a different story.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a shame to see the boys go and it would be great to have them see out their careers at the dogs, however, they are becoming injury prone and their no where near as fast as they were.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Give me Tupou over a 32 year old Brett Morris every day of the week.
5 years ago, now that’s a different story.
I don't rate tupou never have, just a tall guy who can out leap gun shy wingers.

Last edited:

Dogschat

Waterboy
Reaction score
on a good team like the roosters he will be good on the wing but for a shit team like bulldogs at the arse end of the ladder he needed to be at fullback
A bit tough mate, now it not the time to put daggers in the team's back, its bad enough everyone else is doing it. It is a marginal thing really bewteen a good and bad team and you know what it was't that long ago we we feared as a team and I promise you it won't be too long when this club turns things around sooner than most think.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m hearing that the Roosters might have gone cold on signing Brett Morris.
I hope they have.

Status
Not open for further replies.