Consolidated Refs Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep. In regards to Robinson, I was wondering the same. He was very composed and articulately explained the run of play as we all saw it. Even though he said they got it wrong ( and 99% that watched it would agree ) wouldn't put it passed the NRL to fine him.
Yes i think that should be the case because he was correct in what he said but he did criticise them

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When Tony Archer was the referee boss, mate of mine was in the lower referee ranks, & even he admitted to their being obvious corruption in the ranks.
Ill say it again, the NRL is the WWE.
Hope Greenburg knows how to ice skate as he is on very thin ice now.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
When Tony Archer was the referee boss, mate of mine was in the lower referee ranks, & even he admitted to their being obvious corruption in the ranks.
Not suprised at all with what your saying. Maybe a complaint needs to be made to the Police see where that goes for match fixing by the refs. Check there bank accounts. Not a joke anymore. Greenberg is all talk useless

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i didn’t really need confirmation but tonight’s Canberra v Cronulla confirms it....the refs / bunkers have totally screwed our game.
The call to award a try to Cronulla when the touch judge had his flag up was a diabolical call. The players all stopped. The ref put the whistle in his mouth.
A super pass that led to a try was called forward.
Canberra were dudded.
It’s becoming apparent that the NRL will bend over backwards to ensure at least one QLD side plays finals.
Brisbane have been gifted 6 points this year & now the teams that might challenge them are being butchered.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
i thought that roosters goal post try was bad, then the refs took it up a couple of notches

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
i didn’t really need confirmation but tonight’s Canberra v Cronulla confirms it....the refs / bunkers have totally screwed our game.
The call to award a try to Cronulla when the touch judge had his flag up was a diabolical call. The players all stopped. The ref put the whistle in his mouth.
A super pass that led to a try was called forward.
Canberra were dudded.
It’s becoming apparent that the NRL will bend over backwards to ensure at least one QLD side plays finals.
Brisbane have been gifted 6 points this year & now the teams that might challenge them are being butchered.
Totally disgusting decisions in both cases. Raiders were reffed out of that game big time. As Shanked also mentioned that terrible try call to the Roosters last week.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shit call but the whistle was never blown, play to the whistle, it's simple

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same shit, different game. It happens week in, week out. And it's getting worse. I still think they're more incompetent than corrupt, but there's no doubt some teams consistently get a leg up. We all bitch and moan but nothing ever changes. Nothing to see here according to the NRL.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, agreed. I hate both teams but as a spectator it was fucking disgusting to watch.
Can't blame Stuart for his whinge in the conference, but all he said was " the refs are doing a great job but the bunker has failed"
Any attack on the untouchables and he cops a huge fine, pretty soon the nrl will fine coaches for stating the obvious about the bunker. The whole game is seriously screwed.
#talkthegameup, my ass.
Greenturd out

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Good on stuart for telling it the way it is. Its true if we were going to officiate the rules there would be 50 or 60 penalaties in a game. Changing when u select what rules to enforce is unfair to teams. The dogs were crucified for games in the first half of the season now those same penalties are selective when it suits each ref. The nrl has ruined the game and the team that wins this so called premiership will win it if the ref in charge favors that team . Last night the raiders were robbed and it wasnt the first a team was unfairly treated by refs many have lost because of the nrl administration.

Janice

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’m starting to think the Sharks are becoming the new Roosters, they seem to have an unlimited salary cap and get all the good calls by the referees.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m starting to think the Sharks are becoming the new Roosters, they seem to have an unlimited salary cap and get all the good calls by the referees.
Yes the Roosters got a very lucky call last week, but let’s not forget that since 2013, the most penalised side has been the Roosters & by some margin.
Also on Anzac Day, the bunker inexplicably awarded a try to Nene McDonald when he lost control.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pricks should have to honour my Raiders bet. Cost me $150.. No Chinese for dinner now..

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
I for one have not been impressed with the reffing standards for the last three years.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Nrl know the hand that feeds them .

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The NRL is the most corrupt & incompetent organization in world sport.
Seriously the clubs have to take the game back from this shit & poorly run bunch of clueless fucks.

Last edited:

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As usual, Bernard Sutton comes out and addresses the fact that they got the call wrong after the fact. "Officials are often criticised for not being accountable, and that was a situation where I felt I'm at the ground and this is an instance where I can be accountable for the officiating department, and answer any questions they have before they walk into that press conference,"

"What I do know is that our guys are working extremely hard, we're working physically, we're working on the training paddock, we're working back in the office on our own game and how we can improve and I'm really confident we can improve over the coming weeks."

Not good enough Sutton. Scrap the bunker, two ref system, you might as well scrap the touchie while you're at it, they do nothing anyway. Go back to basics and provide your refs with proper training on the rules of the game so momental fuck ups like this stop happening

Status
Not open for further replies.