Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sydney Roosters sign Bulldogs star Brett Morris
By The Mole

NRL Highlights: Parramatta Eels v Canterbury Bulldogs - Round 19
1 / 20
><
FTQWB
The Sydney Roosters have continued their stunning spending spree by signing Bulldogs winger Brett Morris.

Morris was linked with a return to his junior club, St George Illawarra, but has instead come to terms with the Roosters. His signing comes just days after Wide World of Sports revealed the Roosters have signed English Test winger Ryan Hall, which the club admitted 24 hours later.

An announcement on the Morris signing is expected in the next couple of days, but the deal is done.

ADVERTISEMENT
SCROLL TO CONTINUE WITH CONTENT
As well as the two wing stars - who have scored an amazing 370 plus tries between them - the Roosters have also signed Souths and Blues State of Origin back-rower Angus Crichton for 2019.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Easts sign another marque player for $minimum of salary cap and $$megalmulti in 3rd party endorsements and get away with it.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So Easts sign another marque player for $minimum of salary cap and $$megalmulti in 3rd party endorsements and get away with it.
He’s not a marquee anymore and due to his age, injuries etc he would be expected to take <500k (that’s being very reasonable). He’s not a player in demand so value drops

Malla

Reaction score
Would be surprised if he lasts a full season tbh lol

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dont ya'll know with Fingerson going they have 4 million left to spend in 2019. But was only on 350k.

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like The Morris boys but Brett has been a dud signing for us, yes he had a couple of good games in the blue and white jersey but he was injured most of the time during his contract with us and never lived up to his career best whilst playing for the Dragons!
I do wish him all the best with his new club though as off the field both Josh and Brett are genuinely nice guys and deserve a new last contract in the NRL. But if I was to be honest I just wish it wasn't for the Sharks and Roosters as both these clubs has proved from time to time that they do not have a salary cap at all !!!!
Go the Doggiess and all the best to the Morris twins, just don't come back and kick our behinds when you play us next like most players who left our great club! lol

Bozzo

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Good luck to him... he was good for us... defensively our left will suffer next year

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Nice guy, fantastic winger on his day. Sadly we never saw enough of it due to injuries and form.

Hopefully we never spend that sort of money on a winger again.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
how fucked up is our club at the moment.

BULLDOG 4 LIFE

Waterboy
Reaction score
I am glad both the Morris boys are going. They are good players and have been good for our club, especially Josh, but where were they last night when we needed points.

They are our experienced players who should have taken over and tried to get us the win.

Jamie Lyon and Justin Hodges were 2 examples of senior backs who could win the game for their teams.

I would prefer players 10 years younger on half the coin to be playing in their positions next year, who
are hungry and want to make a name for themselves.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Never really a bulldog. Would have played anywhere his brother was.

But he's not to blame - Hasler the idiot that signed him on massive money to play a position he said he didn't like/want to play in is fully to blame. Especially when there were better options available at the time.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So; pretty equitable swap there; Ryan Hall ,English international 30 years of age and Brett Morris, Australian International 31 years of age to replace Blake Ferguson ($150k current contract with Roosters) Australian International 28 years of age.

Which reminds me I may have to change accountants to the one the Roosters use as he is a whiz at getting value for money.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
1. Tedesco
2. Tupou
3. Mitchell
4. Manu
5. BMoz / Hall

Neither Hall nor Morris will sign to play in NSW Cup.

But the real question is how the fuck are they affording all these players.

Add in Crichton on big money. Plus just renewed a few players... and only releasing NSW Cup players.

It's become far beyond a joke now. The NRL need to demand their books be open and shown to the public. There is no way they aren't cheating the cap. Time for the NRL to absolish all TPAs.

NOTE: Technically this should be in Rumour subforum, but I expect Roosters to confirm in a few days.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Our previous administration thought throwing money around was how you solve problems. That was complacent and reckless. Their blind ambition and lazy brains created a strategy that was pathetic and they deserve the embarrassing legacy they have left in the NRL. Anyone who entrusts them with managing a team in the future deserves all the hell they create.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1. Tedesco
2. Tupou
3. Mitchell
4. Manu
5. BMoz / Hall

Add in Crichton on big money. Plus just renewed a few players... and only releasing NSW Cup players.

It's become far beyond a joke now. The NRL need to demand their books be open and shown to the public. There is no way they aren't cheating the cap. Time for the NRL to absolish all TPAs.

NOTE: Technically this should be in Rumour subforum, but I expect Roosters to confirm in a few days.
It's the rooters, you know as well as anyone they don't have to operate within the "cap"
Their salary cap is 25+ million
They sign who they want when they want and as long as they are within the top 4, the nrl and greenturd couldn't give a toss

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1. Tedesco
2. Tupou
3. Mitchell
4. Manu
5. BMoz / Hall

The rugby league gods must hate them though, for all their rorting and shonking they only have 2 premierships in the last 30 years.
And both of those were won dubiously.

Status
Not open for further replies.