Round 19 - Bulldogs vs Eels- Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As an coach, you usually learn very little from a good win, a little more from a close win, a lot from a loss and a huge amount from a flogging.
We are still learning, and will be better for it next year.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We lack speed with outside backs, experience (a playmaker) in halves and a 9 full stop.

We also lack dynamic hard hitting forwards

Elliott tries hard by like Tolman they are spot players and opposition packs love running at them and smashing them on defence

Fualolo unfortunately is the least hard running Polynesian in the NRL

Terepo( eels) ran hard bouncing off players 100m in his stint causing problems and 30 tackles to boot

Basically we need a whole new roster

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We lack speed with outside backs, experience (a playmaker) in halves and a 9 full stop.

Elliott tries hard by like Tolman they are spot players and opposition packs love running at them and smashing them on defence

Terepo( eels) ran hard bouncing off players 100m in his stint causing problems and 30 tackles to boot

They are also not hitting the ball at pace, all forwards who take the ball up need to be moving at pace to have any impact at all and something I have always hated is this infernal, "Bunny hop" that's the fashion now among almost all players.
I think it was Benji Marshall that started the craze but he could side step off his left or right foot so when he did it it often left the defense wondering in what direction he was going to spring off too; now he was a fleet of foot halfback etc not a lumbering forward.
I use to try to stop my players from doing it (unles they had a good step) because, "if your feet are not on the ground, your bloody well not going anywhere!"

Sir Col 'The Mushroom'

Rest In Peace Mate
Premium Member
Reaction score
At least Parra for and against is so bad that even if they beat us they'll still be last
Told you lot the SPOON IS OURS!!!!!!!!!!!! lol.
I knew both our teams were in deep shit but guys you have a total disintegration on your hands by losing this one.
Anyway I am going bush again so will be back for Mad Monday and much crying in our beers later in August.
Not being nasty but a little history - 2018 is now officially the Dogs worst season since 1964, yep worst season for the last 54 years.
Even the Eels can win another GF inside 54 years - can't they?

Sir Col 'The Mushroom'

Rest In Peace Mate
Premium Member
Reaction score
Eels mate Eels have you forgotten what he did to us 2009,10,11,12,13,14 lol

Holland is straight shithouse tbh
Care to rephrase that Kiwi - I would rate Holland as the better player tonight - he scored Pain didn't lol

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Fualalo has gone backwards this season, but again this only makes me raise further questions of Pay. Fualalo was our best off the bench last season, made good metresn made his tackles and got a quickish play the ball. Now he gets the ball and it honestly looks like he has no idea what the fuck he's meant to do.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I apologize for the language in advance....

Putting all the negative comments together certainly makes for very interesting reading. We are struggling, no doubt about it. Last night another abysmal disappointment in a season of disappointments.

I feel like shit watching our team play and the lack of team support at games is disheartening. If I feel this way how are they ( the players) feeling copping what I can only term as constant abuse ( having heard comments). Some will say truly warranted and that is fair enough but they are people too......I don't think it is that they are not trying because we have not been a long way out of many games this year, we just don't have the smarts to lock out a game.

The NRL does not care at all about ground attendances ( unless it is for inflated SOO and rep games ticket prices). Two shit teams; Thursday night and a piss poor 8000 or so in attendance. Yep both sides playing poorly but still......If I hear of Todd Greenberg patting himself and his cronies on the backs once again about the great state of the game I will certainly puke. The equalization of talent has worked really well now we have two distinct levels of the game the top 8 and then the bottom 8.

Raiders lose tonight and Broncos win; Tigers lose back to a SIX point gap between the haves and the have nots.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fualalo has gone backwards this season, but again this only makes me raise further questions of Pay. Fualalo was our best off the bench last season, made good metresn made his tackles and got a quickish play the ball. Now he gets the ball and it honestly looks like he has no idea what the fuck he's meant to do.
He looks like he’s trying to spell Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis before he gets to the defensive line

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The longer the season goes the more concerned I am with Pay as a coach. Not saying he should be sacked - needs a chance with decent squad BUT! Hopefully a lot has been learnt about what should happen in a pre season to have a squad ready to compete from the first game.

Serpent

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hi lads, just popping into say hi as i was in the area, and check on last nights result.

How did we go lads?

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi lads, just popping into say hi as i was in the area, and check on last nights result.

How did we go lads?
Your still bottom of the ladder so nothing's changed. Now keep on swimming by.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

How did we go lads?
Yeah good... We did the honourable thing by making Parra look a little bit less shit. We even tried to disguise that SHIT jersey by wearing similar colours.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The longer the season goes the more concerned I am with Pay as a coach. Not saying he should be sacked - needs a chance with decent squad BUT! Hopefully a lot has been learnt about what should happen in a pre season to have a squad ready to compete from the first game.
You know what im not too worried hey... Considering the NRL picks and chooses who wins anyway and let certain teams ( Sharks , Roosters, Brisbane ) do what they want without much question doesn't look like we were gonna smell a premiership soon anyway. Point is we got plenty of time to burn.. and burn we are.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'll have to admit that we could be worse and have 40 put on us but that is yet to happen this year.....well so far.
Panthers, Dragons. Eg.

Status
Not open for further replies.