Halves Need Changing

Status
Not open for further replies.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Is our attacking coach the same bloke who was in the Des setup? Nothing changes after the first ten mins.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is our attacking coach the same bloke who was in the Des setup? Nothing changes after the first ten mins.
yes David Penna, better player the coach.... he was a very average player! (thats a compliment!)

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You are expecting him to turn our bunch of juniors and fringe players into a finals team in 1 season, with no money to spend. Not unreasonable at all.
I'm not expecting him to turn us into a final team, i'm expecting him to make changes and improve the side like a coach is meant to do. Why the fuck do you lot need to bounce from one extreme to the other?

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m not going to flame two kids who’s first grade games you can count on one hand,they both had shit games tonight but lichaa killed us again and pay keeps starting the spud

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We all get that we’re fucked roster wise, ok.

But why we persist on the shift out the back ALL night tonight, after we scored after our ONE AND ONLY TRY after some ad lib play with off loads....I’ll never know.

Why don’t we play short close to the line, whilst we’re set up to go out the back, rather than hit it up, one out.

Tactically we’ve shown jack shit...THAT is on Pay.

Surely...suuuuurely, it’s time to try Brown in the halves, chuck JMK back to hooker and go again.

Klemmer is not a ball player...yes we need him to offload the ball, but he’s not a ball player! FMD. We’re so right royally fucked.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I'm not expecting him to turn us into a final team, i'm expecting him to make changes and improve the side like a coach is meant to do. Why the fuck do you lot need to bounce from one extreme to the other?
Hes tried a lot of players but he has a pretty ordinary bunch to choose from in the 30, which he can do fk all about this year. The options are worse players

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not having a go at JMK or Lewis I would change at least one of them.

Try Nu Brown or do what we have to do to bring Cleeland in. This is going to be torture persisting with this for 8 weeks.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
6. Foran
7. Coggar

One is and always has been a traditional 5/8. The other is a traditional halfback. This will be be our best option for next year. Coggar to control the team while Foran chimes in whenever he wants.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Look if Pay gets an offseason with a 30 he has put together and we are still doing poorly during next season, i will be giving him plenty then. My opinion that i am not judging Pay this year won't change, coz he isnt going to able to do any more about it before its over except experiment and sort the keepers from the throw backs.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Fucks sake ... are people seriously suggesting Cleeland? Cleeland and Frawley are gone end of this season.

JMK is worth persisting with, but boy we were off tonight. Part of me wonders if we turned up expecting to win.

I still see JMK as a hooker forced to play in the halves, rather than a halves player.

Maybe we could swap Brown and JMK around?

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
His not good where he is... he missed a few tackles tonight normally is ok but not a half at all. Cant kick either kicks are useless
I take that back actually, he does put the effort in... Lewis' effort was 100% again and has a good kicking game... I wouldn't mind seeing JMK at hooker, Brown in the halves with Lachy, as somebody has suggested

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
yes David Penna, better player the coach.... he was a very average player! (thats a compliment!)
Well Pay if you want to keep your job beyond next season maybe a new coach instead of David would be a good start.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Look if Pay gets an offseason with a 30 he has put together and we are still doing poorly during next season, i will be giving him plenty then. My opinion that i am not judging Pay this year won't change, coz he isnt going to able to do any more about it before its over except experiment and sort the keepers from the throw backs.
This thread is not about Pay.. I cant be sure how good he is or isnt as our team is rubbish on paper.. I just dont agree with persisting with JMK and Lewis together maybe keep one but not not both starting

Our seasons over but We still want to win a game or 2 to avoid the spoon

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I take that back actually, he does put the effort in... Lewis' effort was 100% again and has a good kicking game... I wouldn't mind seeing JMK at hooker, Brown in the halves with Lachy, as somebody has suggested
Yes i like jmk at hooker but not where he is now

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Change them for what? $1 coins.

WTF do you expect from 2 halves that have a dozen FG games between them? Lewis can count his FG games on 1 hand. FFS. What option has Pay got, Des spent our halves money on Foran. You have to be on meth if you think Cleeland will change anything, hes got no FG experience either and less talent than Lewis or JMK.

Lewis would be ok with an experienced half while he learns. He certainly has potential but is green. Both tries tonight are attributed to him, even though it was more JMK, Lewis got the missed tackle on their first try, and then Lewis kicks it into their legs for the other. But he also did good things. Rocks and diamonds, LIKE HOW MOST ROOKIES START OUT.

People are just reacting to losses, but not understanding why they are happening, and blaming the wrong people. Its STILL Des' fault ppl. Will be all year.
Completely agree. No amount of coaching is gonna transform players who aren't really first grade standard yet. Perfect example is brodie croft at the storm. Bellamy is regarded as a supercoach but his coaching still couldn't help the fact that the kid wasn't ready for first grade yet.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
This thread is not about Pay.. I cant be sure how good he is or isnt as our team is rubbish on paper.. I just dont agree with persisting with JMK and Lewis together maybe keep one but not not both starting

Our seasons over but We still want to win a game or 2 to avoid the spoon
Like most threads currently though it did include Pay lol. Thats just it, how can we judge him based on what he was handed this year, which has only gotten harder with players going. Both of Des' starting halves for this year are gone for weeks now. Foran may or may not come back and be useful, but we would have the least experienced halves combo in the league. And an ordinary hooker. The spine is fragile this year.

Ogre

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Not having a go at JMK or Lewis I would change at least one of them.

Try Nu Brown or do what we have to do to bring Cleeland in. This is going to be torture persisting with this for 8 weeks.
Lewis stays, JMK to hooker and Brown partnering Lewis in the halves. There’s no point bringing Cleeland up since he is not going to be in the clubs plans, I believe. Then again, neither should Pay be in the clubs plans.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Like most threads currently though it did include Pay lol. Thats just it, how can we judge him based on what he was handed this year, which has only gotten harder with players going. Both of Des' starting halves for this year are gone for weeks now. Foran may or may not come back and be useful, but we would have the least experienced halves combo in the league. And an ordinary hooker. The spine is fragile this year.
The OP did not mention Pay or the coach? Theres plenty of other Pay threads

Status
Not open for further replies.