Bulldogs Re-sign Lachlan Lewis for 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

berries67

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Best news for a while. Good to see the club commit to a good young player with potential.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I think he will end up in the centres but i like him at 6 though he will need to move should Foran get back on the field in the future
I don’t see the athleticism required for a centre.

He looks more like an organiser than a runner.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Great re-signing.

He's got a really solid foundation to build on.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Great news. Glad his signed with the doggies. Have a feeling they will build this kid up into a centre. The signs were there in isp with his defence. He has the height to build himself up a bit and work on his attack but i dont care where he plays just love the fact his so competitive and signed with us.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Where’s all the doomsdayer’s that said we’d lose him...lol

Also expecting @Moey to pan this re-signing - he loves a bit of Lewis ;)

i didnt care if we signed him or not, as long as we didnt pay overs for him.... and he isnt anything special

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'd be shocked if he ends up there as well. Would have to put on some serious weight to compete with guys like dugan, latrell, inglis etc.
I don't think the size part is an issue, he has a big frame and looks like he could add some more size to it without much trouble. I honestly see him as a ball playing lock moving forward.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good news
I think that he will develop into a fine young player
A lot is going to depend on how the coaching staff Bring him on

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Good news. Now every Kenneler can hope he gets released after every bad game. :grinning:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I think he will end up in the centres but i like him at 6 though he will need to move should Foran get back on the field in the future
Why should we move him just so that con artist can shuffle on with his arthritic knees and hips only to hide from the play for as long as it takes to aggravate one of his many chronic injuries?

I truly hope that Foran never pulls on our first grade jersey again. Lewis has offered more in a couple of games than he has in years.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good solid signing but I don't think he is the savior that lots thinks he is.
PS-I hope I'm wrong
To be fair, we could sign Cam Smith and he wouldn't be our saviour :tearsofjoy:

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This is a good signing considering the financial shit the club is in.
He has signed for two years (till the end of 2020) and this will give the club time to see if he can cut the mustard. If not, we should be out of the deep shit we're in financially by then and we can then look at alternatives....

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Fox Sports when reporting we were trying to lock him down said he's been guaranteed a spot in the 2019 team.

As a guess that means Pay is looking at
1: Meaney/Hoppa
6: Lewis
7: Foran/Cogger
9: JMK/Lichaa/Brown

That's a pretty weak spine. If we do get Foran retired and move Lichaa on and keep Hoppa in the centres that would be by far the youngest spine in the comp.
Cogger and meaney will be backups imo unless they turn into stars suddenly in the last handful of matches this year. Meaney may be tried out wide with Moz or Mozzes going. Clearly Hopoate is best at fb and better and more experienced than Meaney there too. Cogger is unlikely to usurp Foran or Lewis if they are fit.

Last edited:

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Thank god we cracked him......
Well done to the board now follow it up wth martins signature and it will make the bitter pill we have had to swallow this year go down a bit easier

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Thank god we cracked him......
Well done to the board no follow it up wth martins signature and it will make the bitter pill we have had to swallow this year go down a bit easier
So you're saying you would...uhh..have a crack at Martin?! :smilingimp:

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Moving in the right direction, congratulations to both parties on reaching agreement.

Status
Not open for further replies.