Roo$ter$ Sign Ryan Hall - Rumoured more to follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Roosters have confirmed the signing of Ryan Hall.

They are apparently also chasing after Jamayne Isaako and Brett Morris, as well as Tevita Pangai Jnr.

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score

They are apparently also chasing after Jamayne Isaako and Brett Morris, as well as Tevita Pangai Jnr.
I checked the Roosters website. Nothing yet champ.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score

No way they get either of the Bronco players. If they do I call bullshit on their cap. Morris they could do.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I checked the Roosters website. Nothing yet champ.
Give it a few hours. It's as good as done all over the media :grinning: Worst kept secret.

Rhinos have confirmed he is leaving.

https://www.therhinos.co.uk/2018/07/17/hall-set-to-leave-rhinos-in-2019/

The 30-year-old has been with the Rhinos since making his debut in 2007 and is the club’s fifth highest try scorer of all time with 231 tries in 327 appearances for the club so far. He is a six time Grand Final winner, scoring tries in the 2008, 2011 and 2012 Old Trafford finals. He won the Lance Todd Trophy in 2014 with a two-try man of the match performance to bring the Challenge Cup trophy back to Emerald Headingley for the first time in 15 years and scored two tries including a sensational long range interception to win the 2012 World Club Challenge against Manly Sea Eagles. However, he will be best remembered for his last gasp try against Huddersfield to seal the 2015 League Leaders Shield that kept the dream of the Treble alive.

On the international stage, Hall has become a superstar of the code, crossing for his 35th try for England in the recent win over New Zealand in Denver on the occasion of his 38th cap. He is out of contract with the Rhinos at the end of the current campaign.

Commenting on the announcement Leeds Rhinos Director of Rugby Kevin Sinfield said, “Naturally we are disappointed to lose a player of the quality of Ryan Hall. The club were keen to keep him here and we made him an offer that reflected his standing in the game. I know that Ryan will be doing everything between now and the end of the season to make sure his time at the club ends on the best possible note. He will remain a close friend of the Rhinos; as a Leeds lad, playing for his club and winning with the Rhinos means so much to him and I am sure we will remain in regular contact with him.

“The departure of any senior player is a chance for someone else to come into our group, just as it was Ryan when he first broke through over a decade ago, and we will be looking to strengthen the whole group for 2019 and beyond with this opportunity,” added Sinfield.

Ryan Hall, who joined the Rhinos as a junior in 2006 from local side Oulton Raiders, added, “I have had twelve amazing seasons as a Leeds Rhinos player and I am immensely proud of what we have achieved together. For me personally, I feel that this is the right time for a new challenge after such a long period at the club and my decision in no way reflects on the Rhinos.

“Words cannot really do justice to how much representing my home town club and enjoying so much success has meant to me. My focus now is on the remainder of this season and putting the Rhinos in the best possible position for next season and beyond. I have had the privilege of working with brilliant coaches and players in my time at the club and I have total faith that under Kevin Sinfield and James Lowes the club will continue to go in the right direction for the future,” added Hall.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Give it a few hours. It's as good as done all over the media :grinning: Worst kept secret.

Rhinos have confirmed he is leaving.

https://www.therhinos.co.uk/2018/07/17/hall-set-to-leave-rhinos-in-2019/

The 30-year-old has been with the Rhinos since making his debut in 2007 and is the club’s fifth highest try scorer of all time with 231 tries in 327 appearances for the club so far. He is a six time Grand Final winner, scoring tries in the 2008, 2011 and 2012 Old Trafford finals. He won the Lance Todd Trophy in 2014 with a two-try man of the match performance to bring the Challenge Cup trophy back to Emerald Headingley for the first time in 15 years and scored two tries including a sensational long range interception to win the 2012 World Club Challenge against Manly Sea Eagles. However, he will be best remembered for his last gasp try against Huddersfield to seal the 2015 League Leaders Shield that kept the dream of the Treble alive.

On the international stage, Hall has become a superstar of the code, crossing for his 35th try for England in the recent win over New Zealand in Denver on the occasion of his 38th cap. He is out of contract with the Rhinos at the end of the current campaign.

Commenting on the announcement Leeds Rhinos Director of Rugby Kevin Sinfield said, “Naturally we are disappointed to lose a player of the quality of Ryan Hall. The club were keen to keep him here and we made him an offer that reflected his standing in the game. I know that Ryan will be doing everything between now and the end of the season to make sure his time at the club ends on the best possible note. He will remain a close friend of the Rhinos; as a Leeds lad, playing for his club and winning with the Rhinos means so much to him and I am sure we will remain in regular contact with him.

“The departure of any senior player is a chance for someone else to come into our group, just as it was Ryan when he first broke through over a decade ago, and we will be looking to strengthen the whole group for 2019 and beyond with this opportunity,” added Sinfield.

Ryan Hall, who joined the Rhinos as a junior in 2006 from local side Oulton Raiders, added, “I have had twelve amazing seasons as a Leeds Rhinos player and I am immensely proud of what we have achieved together. For me personally, I feel that this is the right time for a new challenge after such a long period at the club and my decision in no way reflects on the Rhinos.

“Words cannot really do justice to how much representing my home town club and enjoying so much success has meant to me. My focus now is on the remainder of this season and putting the Rhinos in the best possible position for next season and beyond. I have had the privilege of working with brilliant coaches and players in my time at the club and I have total faith that under Kevin Sinfield and James Lowes the club will continue to go in the right direction for the future,” added Hall.
Are they gonna treat him the same way they treated Joe Burgess, give him 4 games then banish the poor guy because he didn't score a hat trick every game?

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Are they gonna treat him the same way they treated Joe Burgess, give him 4 games then banish the poor guy because he didn't score a hat trick every game?
To be fair Joe Burgess was absolute dog shit when he played for Easts, improved when he made the change to Souths but still a dud.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To be fair Joe Burgess was absolute dog shit when he played for Easts, improved when he made the change to Souths but still a dud.
He still managed 2 tries in four appearances.
Don't recall what else he did (or didn't) do though

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Curtis Naughton was better. Signed him, brought him over with delusions of grandeur, didn't play him at all in NRL (a few times he was close), then at the end of the season pretty much "Sorry we aren't re-signing you, find your own way home, thanks for coming".

Not the first player they have treated like shit either (they have a "culture" for it). I know of a former Roosters player who confirms it. Thus I wasnt suprised when poor Nikorima and Pearce were "moved on".

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score

I reckon its funny how the media show different biases. Roosters apparently are a club that is never over the cap no matter how many players they buy, and the dogs are never under the cap, no matter how many players we let go.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
What’s with the Roosters signing players in the twilight of their careers?

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
why have they signed hall and bmoz? is manu on the move? hes just as good as them and 10 years younger

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ryan Hall is a big guy and very strong. Surprised he waited till 30 to have a crack at the NRL.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I reckon its funny how the media show different biases. Roosters apparently are a club that is never over the cap no matter how many players they buy, and the dogs are never under the cap, no matter how many players we let go.
Yes they have many top dollar players off contract this year.....;););););)

https://www.zerotackle.com/rugby-league/players/off-contract-2018/

Kurt Baptiste, Mitch Cornish, Brock Gray, Lachlan Lam, Frank-Paul Nu'uausala, Reece Robinson, Eloni Vunakece

Nuffties at best.....

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Didn't they renew Baptiste, or maybe I'm thinking Radley to replace Baptiste.
They locked up Radley http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...on-sydney-roosters/1f0yrcp22ym5x1bcytbggth19p

A rare local junior at the club, Radley said he was thrilled to secure his future.

and I think I read that Baptiste may be on the way out the door.He only signed after the start of the premiership proper from England as shadow for Friend. Then of course Radley came to prominence.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
he'll fit well over there if he ever decides to re bleach his hair

Status
Not open for further replies.