Another one gone, where's the clubs response?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe it is a good decision by the club. You look at josh reynolds who is now out for the season with another injury and say pheeww we got rid of him. Talk about sapping the money. We don't want to risk it with the twins who are capable of regularly getting injured

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I have to say I get more and more happy, the more high profile players we let go. Particularly the older ones or the ones being paid overs.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Morris twins. At times they have held the team together in terms of defense and attack.

But we need to take as much pain as possible this year, so we can get the team being competitive again ASAP.

Josh is no spring chicken anymore. He doesn't have the top speed he used to and the state of his body / injuries would have weighed on our decision to let him go.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Actually not happy that Pay or whoever is letting Jmoz go. Just outta respect for his outstanding service he should've been given the 2 years.

Loyalty and respect start from the top down, I'm a bit worried about our future.

Jmoz didnt even want to be here this year, i have it through a very close source he was looking to leave as welll as his brother end of last season...

They arent really close with most of the other team members and the youngsters didnt look up to them.

They offered great service to the club and its time they left. Gives someone young an opportunity to cement their claim

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
The clubs response is by letting all the deadwood go. I agree with it.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Gone but not forgotten.

Good luck too them both, but we do need to move on to the next era.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
We can't look backwards if we want to go forward. As much as I like Josh and Brett the time has come to move on. I think getting rid of them both now instead of another 1 or 2 years is what's needed and would only prolong things. We are in the process of a whole club rebuild where we need to bring in and pay for younger guys that we can build upon instead of spending money on guys close to retirement age. It's about our future now. The faster we fix it, the lesser time period we deal with rebuilding.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe with JMoz gone we can throw BMoz some coin... heck as it stands we have fuck all wing options for 2019.

Unless the club is thinking Crichton and Smith on the wings, with Montoya and Holland in the centres (because Meaney is way off a first grader).

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe with JMoz gone we can throw BMoz some coin... heck as it stands we have fuck all wing options for 2019.

Unless the club is thinking Crichton and Smith on the wings, with Montoya and Holland in the centres (because Meaney is way off a first grader).
We'd be better off with young cheap wingers so we can have a real crack at players in key positions next year. I'd say we'd have to sign a centre though going into next year, holland and olive have cost us too many points with their defence

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
J Moz got paid handsomely for his services during his tenure with us
jmoz has gone through a lot and wants to stay. He isn't seeking money so that's saying a lot.
Why wouldn't anyone want to keep a loyal player

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
J Moz got paid handsomely for his services during his tenure with us
Sometimes being paid handsomely in cash is one thing however, in many cases being paid a little respect for services rendered also is most important, specially in JM's case!!

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Disappointed we have lost both brothers but now we have to concentrate on signing Lewis and Martin.

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
they have been on the slide for years, brett should have been at fullback which ius a shame no good having good wingers on a shite team

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have to say I get more and more happy, the more high profile players we let go. Particularly the older ones or the ones being paid overs.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Morris twins. At times they have held the team together in terms of defense and attack.

But we need to take as much pain as possible this year, so we can get the team being competitive again ASAP.

Josh is no spring chicken anymore. He doesn't have the top speed he used to and the state of his body / injuries would have weighed on our decision to let him go.
We get that, its more about if you think we should be sacrificing 2019 for 2020. Because keeping the Morris Bros for 2 years would have been alot better for our results in 2019.

Our backline looks like the worst in the NRL with Crighton Smith Holland Montoya.

1. Hoppa
2. Crighton
3. Montoya
4. Holland
5. Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.