Michael Lichaa consolidated thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Letting go of Cook makes me cry more everyday
For the 400,000th time... WE DIDN'T LET COOK GO.

We offered him a contract and couldn't guarantee a starting hooker spot. Souths doubled our offer and guaranteed him the starting hooker spot.

We couldn't compete.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

We offered him a contract and couldn't guarantee a starting hooker spot. Souths doubled our offer and guaranteed him the starting hooker spot.

We couldn't compete.
We could have offered him the starting booker spot!

Heaven knows he’s better than what we have or had!

Malpass

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We should have offered him what he wanted , I still bar up thinking about that try he scored from dummy half against the knights.
He also carved up souths in his first game how ironic!!!!! :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
Des should have picked him in the 2014 GF instead of mbye.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Lichaa hasn't panned out as the amazing #9 he was hyped as, here is what I don't get though, he is generally a bit of a tackling machine (mostly just jumping in to the tackles, not dominant, but certainly playing a role), and on rare occasions he has a bit of a run, is it such a crazy idea to give him a go at #13?

Give him a similar role to what Stagg used to do for us, it's not like he'd be on big coin, and it's not doing him any favours keeping him at hooker, he was already off contract and nobody was interested last year, he's here still only because of a previous relationship with Pay, so if Pay actually wants to help the guy....... it's possible he would be a handy lock, at the very least it has to be worth a shot for a couple of games.

cazman

Waterboy
Reaction score
I thought the same thing a few times, he can tackle and run, but he isn't the best at 9 so 13 isn't a bad option

Born&BredABulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lichaa hasn't panned out as the amazing #9 he was hyped as, here is what I don't get though, he is generally a bit of a tackling machine (mostly just jumping in to the tackles, not dominant, but certainly playing a role), and on rare occasions he has a bit of a run, is it such a crazy idea to give him a go at #13?

Give him a similar role to what Stagg used to do for us, it's not like he'd be on big coin, and it's not doing him any favours keeping him at hooker, he was already off contract and nobody was interested last year, he's here still only because of a previous relationship with Pay, so if Pay actually wants to help the guy....... it's possible he would be a handy lock, at the very least it has to be worth a shot for a couple of games.
It's a no from me show the fucker the door, I wouldn't even trust him as a ball boy.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

I mentioned this a while ago, and still think he would go as a mobile backrower. The Intelligentsia on here seem to think hes to small.
Hes the same weight as Folkes and Elliott and a lot of other good back rowers. Give him a go and bring in Woolford.
Put JMK on the bench or ISP.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

We couldn't compete.
That's complete and utter garbage Mr I.

Cook was guaranteed nothing by Souths when he signed that contract and by matter of fact it was only this year that he'd been guaranteed the #9 jersey. McInness and Farah were given first crack at it in previous 2 years.

Alas the money he was given was not huge and we could've competed, but chose not to and instead allocated it elsewhere. The club fucked up.

Last edited:

jmaamary

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Cook was guaranteed nothing by Souths when he signed that contract and by matter of fact it was only this year that he'd been guaranteed the #9 jersey. McInness and Farah were given first crack at it in previous 2 years.

Alas the money he was given was not huge and we could've competed, but chose not to and instead allocate it elsewhere. The club fucked up.
Cooks manager actually approached Des to say they have received an offer from Souths, they just wanted to the dogs to match and he would stay, he loved the place. Des repeatedly ignored him thought he was bluffing and apparently blew up royal. Total arrogance at its best. You can PM me for my source Mr I, he is very reliable

berries67

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I have fairly vague memories of when Cook played a few top grade games for us. He looked quick out of dummy half and I remember the try he scored which made me think he could be something special. I guess Hasler thought he had invested time and money in Liccha so should stick with him. Also, I think Hasler just wanted a defensive player at 9 and Cook didn't fit that at the time. Hasler's views on how a football team should run I think didn't fit in with players who exhibited individual brilliance. He just wanted players that could fit in with his statistics based approach where most of the plays that happened on the field came through the coach. I think this highlights why it was so important we part ways with Hasler. His approach to football became so negative. He was killing our club in so many ways.
Damien Cook? As it has turned out we definitely should have kept him. We could have played him off the bench in the last 30 minutes of the game when the opposition forwards were tiring. Probably by the time Liccha's contract was up the writing on the wall would have been evident for Liccha and we would have let him go and kept Cook. Much the same has happened at Souths where Cook played second fiddle to other hookers then came off the bench and now has taken the top spot.

Last edited:

berries67

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Cooks manager actually approached Des to say they have received an offer from Souths, they just wanted to the dogs to match and he would stay, he loved the place. Des repeatedly ignored him thought he was bluffing and apparently blew up royal. Total arrogance at its best. You can PM me for my source Mr I, he is very reliable

Alas the money he was given was not huge and we could've competed, but chose not to and instead allocated it elsewhere. The club fucked up.
The club through Hasler fucked up. Hasler had full control of all areas of the football department including recruiting and re-signing of players. That's my understanding of the situation. Correct me if I am wrong. The club should never have given Hasler so much control. I hope we have a few more people involved in these decisions now and not just the coach.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The best thing to happen to the dogs is when Lichaa plays his last game in 1st grade. Even though Brown only has like 8 effective minutes in a game you can see the difference immediately when he comes on. If they can build his endurance and temper his low % plays he would work out ok but Lichaa just isn't NRL standard in my opinion.

berries67

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I was looking through the Archives the other day and found a few threads that were full of negative comments about Michael Ennis and how people wanted him gone and they were so pleased to be getting this young gun hooker Michael Liccha. How things have turned. In my opinion we need to part ways with Liccha. He hasn't developed into anything special that says he might contribute to future team improvement. He works hard in defence but the rest of his game is very ordinary. You look at other hookers that have decent running games and can pass in open field to put a player throug a gap to take advantage of any runs from dummy half. The better 9s also have a kicking game which can take pressure off the halves. Liccha shows none of these attributes. Even the basic pass from dummy half is fairly ordinary. I would like to see him vary his passes occasionally with a long pass. They all seem to go to the nearest player.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.