Kimmorley and Toovey comments on match preview.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I would rather see Hoppa in the 2nd row than centre. As a player I don't mind him but geez his defensive reads are rubbish and I'm scared he will put too much pressure on whoever our wingers are going to be.
Especially if it's Montoya
I like Hoppa, I do, I love his footy mentality and the culture and calmness he brings but his gotta go.. He cant play centre, his a sometimes FB and his a few years away from hitting the backrow.
He needs to pull up and show his worth during these difficult times or he maybe questioned about hindering development of someone who can really make a difference to the team.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
How about punting foran and Hoppa deadset deadwood

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I say lets not rush into anything right now FFS, lets see how they go against the big boys first.
Im with ya but i will say sign Lewis asap, he is a quality footballer and a real competitor...we need guys like him especially now...i like Martin because he is able to be more than one dimensional so is handy but probs isnt a guy who is going to sign elsewhere and terrorise us...but i would like to keep both, especially Lewis

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I like Hoppa, I do, I love his footy mentality and the culture and calmness he brings but his gotta go.. He cant play centre, his a sometimes FB and his a few years away from hitting the backrow.
He needs to pull up and show his worth during these difficult times or he maybe questioned about hindering development of someone who can really make a difference to the team.
Depends on what we are paying him.... If we are paying overs then I agree with your statement

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Depends on what we are paying him.... If we are paying overs then I agree with your statement
I don't care what the contract is worth.. Its the fact his taking a spot in the top 30.

As I said his a shit centre, a sometimes FB and years away from the back row. His a bench utility or depth or needs to find a position and own it!

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I would rather see Hoppa in the 2nd row than centre. As a player I don't mind him but geez his defensive reads are rubbish and I'm scared he will put too much pressure on whoever our wingers are going to be.
Especially if it's Montoya
Not good enough in the centre because of defensive liabilities, and you want him as a backrower. Do you realise most of the backrowers do the bulk of the tackling.

Haslerhasworms

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not good enough in the centre because of defensive liabilities, and you want him as a backrower. Do you realise most of the backrowers do the bulk of the tackling.
Yes good point but at least there's more in the middle to help him rather than 1 on 1.
I'm not saying its what I want but where else can he play next year?

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish more people without any connection to our club like Tooves say it how it is. We can be too pc at times.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I say lets not rush into anything right now FFS, lets see how they go against the big boys first.
I don’t get why you would say that. I can understand we Have in the past rushed into signing younger players on potential more so actual form. But these 2 guys wouldn’t be on monster money and worst case they can play nsw cup if they ended up being flops. I’d sign a one year and second year our option contracts for both. But in all honesty I can really see Lewis and Martin go far in nrl if they keep up a good attitude. They both are hungry and look to be football smarts.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don’t get why you would say that. I can understand we Have in the past rushed into signing younger players on potential more so actual form. But these 2 guys wouldn’t be on monster money and worst case they can play nsw cup if they ended up being flops. I’d sign a one year and second year our option contracts for both. But in all honesty I can really see Lewis and Martin go far in nrl if they keep up a good attitude. They both are hungry and look to be football smarts.
Likelihood of signing a second year option in clubs favour = very low.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Likelihood of signing a second year option in clubs favour = very low.
Well give them the 2 years we are in a rebuilding stage and it doesn’t look like there is much better out there for low coin.

Just watched the panthers game and kickwow seems to be a decent player. Would he be a possibility at all?

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fuck off Kimmorley!! useless knob!! I have time for Toovs but, definitely not the man that sound like he is talking with a mouth full marbles under water, the man that threw a pass that was intercepted in the dying moments of a SSO match which cost NSW the game + the fact he has gone out of his way this past 4 years to bag the shit out of us at every opportunity via game commentary and the media in general.
Why are we even discussing this loser on this Forum??
We weren't; we were discussing what he said.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
There’s got to be an investigation into this!!! Somebody’s got to be held accountable for this!!

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck off Kimmorley!! useless knob!! I have time for Toovs but, definitely not the man that sound like he is talking with a mouth full marbles under water, the man that threw a pass that was intercepted in the dying moments of a SSO match which cost NSW the game + the fact he has gone out of his way this past 4 years to bag the shit out of us at every opportunity via game commentary and the media in general.
Why are we even discussing this loser on this Forum??
Mate time to move on,forget the sour grapes,look at the way our club has played the last few years,he's only saying what's been said by everyone else

Status
Not open for further replies.