Josh Morris Club Announcement - Off to the Sharks

Status
Not open for further replies.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Josh has been one of my favourite players, I’m best memory was sitting in the rain with my best mate watching him run 80 metres and score against those Manly scum in round one in 2009,
I think El’magic broke the highest point scoring record that night as well.
Lucky I had my beer jacket on that night it was wet and cold but well worth it, Such good memories.
Now I just hate waking up to this nightmare everyday FFS....
Hopefully there will be good times ahead soon.
Go the Mighty Bulldogs.
SKY-DOG - yes I remember than try from Josh - brilliant stuff.

And you are correct about El Magic becoming the highest point scorer of all time - with a kick in that game.

That night we smashed the Manly scum in a big way.

Dogs 34 defeated Scum 12

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
This will bring balance back to the Dogs. Currently we have a weak right side defence but a strong left side defence. This will ensure both our sides are equally weak.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Take a close look at the sharks roster,Gallen 37,Lewis 35,josh 32at start of next season,it is becoming a retirement home plus Jesse Ramien,Feki,lee,and others departing,josh has been avging around 10 games year,with all his injuries
They let Ramien go? Where what a dumb move kid has game

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Jmoz has been one of my favourite players for many years, I know I'll be sad to see him in a sharks jersey. One of my favourite memories is watch Barba get the ball in-goal at skilled park, pants 5 titans players and pass to jmoz right in front of me at the 40m mark to go under the posts.

Remember when we scored long range tries?
We scored a couple long range in last 2 weeks

By long range with our mob I define that as 20m and beyond lol

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As much as I love JMozs, it's been ridiculous spending $1.2M on that centre/wing combo the last few years. This is why other teams have been able to make key signings, because we have wasted it all on edge players and fat fucks in the middle.

Time to truly invest in that spine.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate, no there won't. The money for the Morris' and Eastwood was already spent next year. The ratchets and backenders on those still remaining swallowed them as an entree. All that was without even thinking about keeping Martin and Lewis and whoever else is coming through. The Mbye/Woods money probably means we can make a reasonable offer on a few kids coming through rather than watch them walk.
Thanks Weidler. Unless you run financials for the club you are speculating the same as the rest of us

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for your service Josh. 10 years at a club is an achievement. Great player.... Club legend

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks Weidler. Unless you run financials for the club you are speculating the same as the rest of us
Believe what you like mate. I can only tell you what the club has told me. I have no reason to think they are lying, maybe you do. Until something they have told me turns out to be incorrect then I will continue to accept them at their word. They told me we were only an outside chance of keeping JMoz and guess what we didn't. Told me BMoz isn't going to be there next year. Let's just wait and see. told me the SC is very poor next year but even worse in 2020. They have since offloaded Mbye and Woods so what does that tell you? Told me Montoya was only in the side until they could get someone back. Jmoz comes back and guess what Montoya is gone. As I said, I will continue to believe what they tell me until it turns out to be wrong.

Bozzo

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fck !!!!
One of my favorite players... we will miss him defensively...

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Good Luck Josh.......you deserved a much better send of....what a player and what a great Bloke just like his Brother. I will never ever have a bad thing to say about the Morris twins!!

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Believe what you like mate. I can only tell you what the club has told me. I have no reason to think they are lying, maybe you do. Until something they have told me turns out to be incorrect then I will continue to accept them at their word. They told me we were only an outside chance of keeping JMoz and guess what we didn't. Told me BMoz isn't going to be there next year. Let's just wait and see. told me the SC is very poor next year but even worse in 2020. They have since offloaded Mbye and Woods so what does that tell you? Told me Montoya was only in the side until they could get someone back. Jmoz comes back and guess what Montoya is gone. As I said, I will continue to believe what they tell me until it turns out to be wrong.
Firstly the club would not tell you about its salary cap situation so unless you’re on the board or you’re the ceo you or whoever told you is speculating

Secondly it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to suggest that both morris’ wouldn’t be re-signed past this year (unless they were playing out of their skin). Both are on the wrong side of 30 and despite still having a lot to offer they are on big coin ie 600+ each. They will only stay if we offer more than any other club is offering as its likely their last contract. We would be silly to compete for their signatures if we are rebuilding. They simply aren’t worth it.

Montoya has used up his chances and was always a matter of time before Pay made the switch. He’s not playing well and hasn’t been for a while. Everyone saw that coming.

Lastly the old ‘salary cap’ excuse is the easiest and frictionless way to move players regardless of whether we have room or not and given the NRL registered the contracts of woods and Foran knowing our cap situation suggests all is not as it is being reported in the media. The club is managing it.

You may have mail or a contact at the club which is great. Either way my point is all references to the salary cap is hearsay until announcements are made by the club.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How did The Raiders & the Warriors get caught out?
Can't recall to be honest, but they never threw the book at those teams for what were deemed to be 'less serious breaches', nor any others such as Dragons, Knights etc for irregularities.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Firstly the club would not tell you about its salary cap situation so unless you’re on the board or you’re the ceo you or whoever told you is speculating

Secondly it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to suggest that both morris’ wouldn’t be re-signed past this year (unless they were playing out of their skin). Both are on the wrong side of 30 and despite still having a lot to offer they are on big coin ie 600+ each. They will only stay if we offer more than any other club is offering as its likely their last contract. We would be silly to compete for their signatures if we are rebuilding. They simply aren’t worth it.

Montoya has used up his chances and was always a matter of time before Pay made the switch. He’s not playing well and hasn’t been for a while. Everyone saw that coming.

Lastly the old ‘salary cap’ excuse is the easiest and frictionless way to move players regardless of whether we have room or not and given the NRL registered the contracts of woods and Foran knowing our cap situation suggests all is not as it is being reported in the media. The club is managing it.

You may have mail or a contact at the club which is great. Either way my point is all references to the salary cap is hearsay until announcements are made by the club.
Suit yourself. One thing that I have been cured of after putting up with plonkers like you is I am never sharing any information I have ever again. So enjoy sitting there and whinging and bitching about all the things you don't know about. Meanwhile I am out of here and I will be secure at least in knowing what is happening.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Josh signed without notifying the club and the dogs were surprised he didn't tell them he got an offer and the club is disappointed because they were actually wanting to re sign him. He's been different with the playing group since his brother signed with us, like the too good for the world attitude And as for Brett he never loved the club and he can't wait to go back to St George.

Good riddence to both of them.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Josh signed without notifying the club and the dogs were surprised he didn't tell them he got an offer and the club is disappointed because they were actually wanting to re sign him. He's been different with the playing group since his brother signed with us, like the too good for the world attitude And as for Brett he never loved the club and he can't wait to go back to St George.

Good riddence to both of them.
There were rumours earlier in the season the dogs were glad to be getting rid of them. Supposedly very very high maintenance.

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
what a load of shit enjoyed watching him over the years was hoping he they would finish up here big hole to fill left side defensively and attacking.

sheep dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Fucking bullshit i thought this hole thing was about brining back bulldogs DNA yet we get rid of josh this club is in a really shit place

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Fucking bullshit i thought this hole thing was about brining back bulldogs DNA yet we get rid of josh this club is in a really shit place
Josh and Brett never wanted to stay...

So calm down with the club bashing...

Status
Not open for further replies.