Lachlan Lewis - Consolidated Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Interesting to see Mbye at the game on Saturday night having a few beers and watching the boys. Some of them came over to him and said g'day so clearly they all get on pretty well even after he has moved on. Reynolds was there as well but he was dressed up so I'm guessing he was doing a foxsports thing.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The thing I like about Lewis is he hasn’t come into first grade and carved up with no look passes or a big sidestep but he’s put consecutive solid games together.

Against the Knights he was defensively strong and kicked well enough for a debut

V Raiders he did those things better and added a bit of attack and varied his kicking and his support on the ball play was fantastic

He seems like an old head on young shoulders that has a sustainable style of game to serve him for years to come

Look at Benji he had to reshape his game once he lost that step and speed

Countless others as well throughout history

Lewis just needs to improve his simple game and get his game IQ up which will come with regular footy in the NRL

He should get bigger and stronger over the next off season too

A must have for the next few years

Just don’t fkn back end his contract

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Interesting to see Mbye at the game on Saturday night having a few beers and watching the boys. Some of them came over to him and said g'day so clearly they all get on pretty well even after he has moved on. Reynolds was there as well but he was dressed up so I'm guessing he was doing a foxsports thing.
That he was. It's painful listening to him attempt to commentate. Hopefully he doesn't get a gig full-time post footy

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
he honestly reminds me alot of a younger Foran. Calm, not afraid to do the hard stuff. could be a blessing.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Id say Lewis is probably a better all round player then Cogger. But Cogger seems more a traditional halfback which is what I think we need.
Yeah, dunno at this stage about who's a better traditional controlling HB Lewis is pretty good with that, all I can say is that Lewis has a much better kicking game, something we need.

Last edited:

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im a big fan of Lewis as most people on here are. Its only been two games and his been great. BUT can he play hb and be the dominant half. Im saying this because I see Foran as a 5/8. Say we resign Lewis who partners Foran in the havles next year Lewis or Cogger? Probably deserves its own thread Lewis vs Cogger.

I mean what will be a better havles combo Foran/Lewis or Foran/Cogger? Which combo will the team fuction better with?

Also add in Meaney vs Hoppa for the fb spot. Plus JMK, Lichaa, Brown or Woolford.
Id say the uliltiy off the bench is up for grabs also.

I think Foran is probably the only 1 thats guaranteed a spot in the spine next year.

1. Hoppa/Meaney ?
6. Foran
7. Lewis/Cogger ?
9. JMK/Lichaa/Brown/Woolford ?

14. JMK/Brown/Holland?

Which spine will be the team fuction best with and have the best chemisty. Id say Lewis is probably a better all round player then Cogger. But Cogger seems more a traditional halfback which is what I think we need.
Foran?? Look I was a fan when we signed him but it’s evident, he’s body is made of glass... cogger at 7 with Lewis at 6. Marshall utility

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I wonder how many interchanges we had left?
We had one change left with 15.33 left on the clock but did not change a player until the 72nd minute when Priest went on and Elliot came off ( it was actually change number nine but Lichaa was replaced HIA by Brown at the 25th minute)

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
In negotiations with Lewis at the moment. Hopefully an announcement on him soon.
Oh very good, that is great to hear! Hopefully it’s all sorted An we can keep him..

Thanks for the whisper mate.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah they've come to life all of a sudden. When Lewis came into first grade suddenly JMK hit his strides. His try last week was all class.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He'll get a lot of confidence from that try Mr I. Could be the start of something.

And before anyone shoots me down, I said COULD not WILL....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.