Resign the (PRINCE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If I’m here in a few weeks replying about a post that we saw or heard on nrl 360 or the likes that Lewy has signed for another club I will be furious as all to often we hear that this player or that player from the bulldogs has signed elsewhere..

The club needs to get this done and it’s starting to worry me they won’t An it will fall through an he will be gone to a rival hate club (so one of the the other 15) !!!

So we need to get this message out loud and clear that he needs to be kept here.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Read the article in the Tele this morning which stated Cookie was on the minimum 60k at the Dogs went to the Bunnies for around 200k and is now conservatively worth 800k.

Lewis needs to be retained but at the right price..he looks promising; can at least kick a ball into open space and tackle men much bigger than himself
We had cook on 60k a year. It’s facts like that that make you realise how badly des and the previous board crucified this club

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got a sickening feeling he is gone.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember somebody here saying we should offer Frawley 600k to keep him after his second and third game and they called me dumb for laughing at them and calling them out.

GF winning halves? Come on now, calm your tits.
Agree and I remember all the Frawley love last year after 2 games but this kid just looks so much more a natural footballer then Frawley. This Lewis seems to have alot of time on his hands and his defence is rock solid.
Just hope he keeps it up and doesn't turn out like Frawley did

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
150k and guaranteed FG should keep him

15 other NRL teams won’t start him

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I really can't deal with this shit anymore. Anything other than re-signing Martin and Lewis at this stage would be unacceptable and unforgivable.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah mate not now lol and I’m not comparing Lewis to ponga but sometimes the risk pays off.The problem with Lewis is that every good game he has now his value will go up because he is on everyone’s radar. I agree we got burned bad with mbye,we paid to much and he didn’t live up to expectations and the same could happen with Lewis but if we get him now he won’t be on massive money so we minimise our risk if he doesn’t pan out.
You said “we paid to much” the right way is “we paid too much”

Get it right lol

Matilida

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lets not get ahead of ourselves on Lewis and offer him $800,000.00 a season. He has played two first grade games and should be paid accordingly.

That has been our problem paying players on potential. e.g. Mbye, Abbey, perrett, holland, brett morris as a fullback,

Malla

Reaction score
I remember somebody here saying we should offer Frawley 600k to keep him after his second and third game and they called me dumb for laughing at them and calling them out.

GF winning halves? Come on now, calm your tits.
Shouldn't offer him 600k but I think Lewis is miles ahead of Frawley. Much better defender and way more of an attacking player. Frawley almost became a victim of Des ball. But either way I agree with your sentiments, shouldnt offer a big deal but Lewis is on his way if he can finish this season strong.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Offer him 6 figures and guaranteed FG.
He’s on lunch money right now so anything in that vicinity is a massive upgrade

Plus the lure of regular FG footy is invaluable

Put in the work through the opportunities presented by the club ....perform and his next deal will take care of itself

Kids these days ( not saying he’s one of them) string a few good games together then expect the world

Entitlement generation

Don’t fk it up like we did Mbye

Pay him 150k max
FG regular

Take it or leave it

Not rocket science

Status
Not open for further replies.