Josh Morris Club Announcement - Off to the Sharks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
much prefer to have lost him for next year then having to sign him up for two years... I wish Josh all the best. He played more games in the Blue and White than Andrew Farrar.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I just don’t understand how the sharks can fit all these guys in there cap. Apparently they have another 3 or 4 players starting next year plus resigning a few more. Wonder if Dib sent over the sharks his calculator.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was never whispers of him going to the sharks and now out of nowhere they sign him ?
So why didnt cronulla pay full freight for woods?? To be able to fit in josh as well

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone explain the sharks salary cap to me
Let Maloney go and paid a shit load more for Moylan around 800k
Dugan 800k
Holmes 800k
Gallen
Lewis
Woods
Graham
Fafita
Surely their on 600k ,

That's nearly 5.5 mil
That's leaves 22 more players to fit under the 9.4 cap
Which averages 177 k
So the likes of chad townsend, premiership winning half
Luetele
Bukuya
Prior
Segearyo
Etc in fucking chips
If a bloke lets his team inject himself with illegal substances I'm guessing he doesn't give a fuck about the cap
You forget townsend who his manager stated he was a premiership winning halfback and was commanding 1M at the time..of course he resigned for how much 850k ??

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yep, he's gonskies.
I'm not to upset about it tbh, I didn't expect the club to keep him or his bro.
In saying that, I just want to say thanks for all the years jmoz, you were once upon a time my favourite player. Hope your career ends on a high note at the sharks. I may hate your new coach and half of your new teammates but still think you're a great guy
Well said Champ

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The NRL auditors need to be circling the Sharks

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Can someone explain the sharks salary cap to me
Let Maloney go and paid a shit load more for Moylan around 800k
Dugan 800k
Holmes 800k
Gallen
Lewis
Woods
Graham
Fafita
Surely their on 600k ,

That's nearly 5.5 mil
That's leaves 22 more players to fit under the 9.4 cap
Which averages 177 k
So the likes of chad townsend, premiership winning half
Luetele
Bukuya
Prior
Segearyo
Etc in fucking chips
If a bloke lets his team inject himself with illegal substances I'm guessing he doesn't give a fuck about the cap
They will still get him
1. Barba
2. Katoa
3. Dugan
4. Morris
5. Holmes
6. Moylon
7. Townsend
8. Woods
9. J.Brailey
10. Fifita
11. Lewis
12. Graham
13. Gallen (retirement pending)
Prior in there somewhere aswell.
Cap don't exist
Sounds crazy. Can’t believe they can sign all these players.Crap were going through.. Maybe Dib is helping them..

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
One of our better signings of the 21st century

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Possible however no one knows what has been committed yet so 600 back in the cap until it is. There’ll be another 600+ from Brett as well unless he takes a massive pay cut and we decide to keep him
Mate, no there won't. The money for the Morris' and Eastwood was already spent next year. The ratchets and backenders on those still remaining swallowed them as an entree. All that was without even thinking about keeping Martin and Lewis and whoever else is coming through. The Mbye/Woods money probably means we can make a reasonable offer on a few kids coming through rather than watch them walk.

Dog Till I Die

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ffs why

as if you wouldnt take a pay cut to stay with your club for one more year. The fans love him here.

Sharks is becoming a retirement home at this point
...Wish they'd fucking take Lichaa back!

altair

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Canterbury centre Josh Morris is the latest big name to depart Belmore as he prepares to take up a two-year deal with Cronulla from 2019.

NRL.com understands Morris will link with the Sharks from next season, having also met with Gold Coast coach Garth Brennan recently once it became clear that the Bulldogs' salary cap squeeze could see him exit the club.

Neither Canterbury or Cronulla have officially confirmed the move as of Tuesday night, however it's understood that Morris is viewed by Shane Flanagan as an experienced backline option with Edrick Lee, Jesse Ramien (Newcastle) and Ricky Leutele (Toronto Wolfpack) all exiting The Shire at the end of the year.

After arriving from junior club St George Illawarra in 2009, Morris has clocked up 208 games and exactly 100 tries for the Bulldogs, playing a key role in their charges to the 2012 and 2014 grand finals.

With Morris and his brother Brett both coming off-contract at the end of 2018, it is unclear where the latter's future lies, though the Sharks move for Josh ends any possibility of the pair continuing their careers together.

Josh, who turns 32 in August, will join ex-teammate Aaron Woods at Cronulla next year, with the Sharks also picking up the NSW and Test front-rower last week as a result of Canterbury's salary cap dramas.

As well as striking a couple of serious blows on the recruitment front, it's understood the Sharks are also close to announcing extensions for boom winger Sione Katoa and back-rower Jayson Bukuya

bells76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mate, no there won't. The money for the Morris' and Eastwood was already spent next year. The ratchets and backenders on those still remaining swallowed them as an entree. All that was without even thinking about keeping Martin and Lewis and whoever else is coming through. The Mbye/Woods money probably means we can make a reasonable offer on a few kids coming through rather than watch them walk.
I can’t belive people still think that players we banked on leaving , leaving helps our cap !!

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I just don’t understand how the sharks can fit all these guys in there cap. Apparently they have another 3 or 4 players starting next year plus resigning a few more. Wonder if Dib sent over the sharks his calculator.

It is hard for us to comprehend because our cap is so fucked through total mismanagement. Other teams manage it way better than we have and thus end up so much better than we are.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
PS fking sad if this is true. Would have much rather we let Bmoz go if we had to lose one of the twins

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sharks are rorting massively!!! Im sure it will come out in next 6-12 months. I also think its been going on for a few years... not quite Melbourne storm but possibly Parra like (even premiership year is suspicious) just wait and see this story to break, cant wait to see Buzz Rothfield discuss this on NRL360 controversy corner

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The whole team has bloody left. We have an isp team running around. Every other nrl team has more star players than us. How the heck are we still in a cap mess? How the heck can cronulla afford jmoz. Wth is going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.