Status
Not open for further replies.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hope it’s true bud , we won’t get better then him for minimum
The game against titans after he finished with isp game from his own mouth he said he was 34. That week the club were talking to him. what has happened since then I don’t know but obviously nothing had been reported. Then the following week had his debut so he moved from 34 to make the 30. So I guess there waiting for him to prove himself. Not sure if it’s for our club or another. Disappointing if another club see what his worth before we do.

Last edited:

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That lichaa strip could have happened to anyone. Unfortunately it happened to Lichaa and of course the kennel blames him for the loss.

JMK went missing most 2nd half.

Pays selections and use of the bench has been poor all year. It showed again this game. Holland should have been hooked and put Brown in there. Pay has no idea how to adapt as game progresses.

The team as a whole choked last 5mins. Wasnt one or 2 individuals.

Up until then I was so happy with our performance and attitude.
Mate he went missing and we scored about a gazillion points. He stifles the attack and that try he did was on the back of lazy defence by havili. Everything else he’s done he’s either kicked it out for a 7 tackle or kicked it straight to the chest of someone

Punchbowl Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im a big fan of Lewis as most people on here are. Its only been two games and his been great. BUT can he play hb and be the dominant half. Im saying this because I see Foran as a 5/8. Say we resign Lewis who partners Foran in the havles next year Lewis or Cogger? Probably deserves its own thread Lewis vs Cogger.

I mean what will be a better havles combo Foran/Lewis or Foran/Cogger? Which combo will the team fuction better with?

Also add in Meaney vs Hoppa for the fb spot. Plus JMK, Lichaa, Brown or Woolford.
Id say the uliltiy off the bench is up for grabs also.

I think Foran is probably the only 1 thats guaranteed a spot in the spine next year.

1. Hoppa/Meaney ?
6. Foran
7. Lewis/Cogger ?
9. JMK/Lichaa/Brown/Woolford ?

14. JMK/Brown/Holland?

Which spine will be the team fuction best with and have the best chemisty. Id say Lewis is probably a better all round player then Cogger. But Cogger seems more a traditional halfback which is what I think we need.
Lewis has been interviewed several times pre/post isp televised games prior to fg debut and made it quite clear he's a 7 and always been

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
How good was that interview. Having young enthusiastic players like him will do heaps for our club. I was arround when JT had his debut and always thought he was going to be great. Well this guy is going to be great. He has that defence attitude that JT didn’t have as a plus for him and just watch when he gets his attack and starts organising this team. I am going to be knocked from pillar to post about for this comment but who cares. He will be our new champion so bloody well hurry up and sign him before we can’t afford him.
Now I'm just confused. Haven't everyone been burning Mbye and Elliott because of the same thing? Now it's OK to do the same thing?

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Lewis talks the talk an seems to be able to walk the walk.. mbye was to pretentious!!
Seriously? Mbye is still 10x better than Lewis today. He may turn out to be the GOAT but he has a long way to go.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Now I'm just confused. Haven't everyone been burning Mbye and Elliott because of the same thing? Now it's OK to do the same thing?
Never praised these guys wasnt on here then

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seriously? Mbye is still 10x better than Lewis today. He may turn out to be the GOAT but he has a long way to go.
Mate mbye is an athlete, Lewis is a footy player through and through.

Mbye will never be the player people (including himself) think he will be. Not one iota of progression in his career so far.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well he should be , lewis has only just had his debut. Exiting times to come for this kid still too early. His critics have already started to back peddal . Mybe is a big dissappointment unfortunately, hope his time at the tigers brings out the best of him. Somehow i doubt it.but good luck to him

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Mbye will never be the player people (including himself) think he will be. Not one iota of progression in his career so far.
Exiting times ahead for lewis hopefully for us as well.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

OK, point me in the direction of how many MOM's Lewis has won compared to Mbye..... When Mbye was in his first season we signed him for a fortune because so many good judges thought we could build a team around him. They may or may not be right today but how does that hype compare with Lewis. He doesn't even have a contract and has only just made the 30. So one is on $80k and the other has just signed a new contract to a club coached by a bloke most on here want as our next coach for $750k+. They were both on the open market, one got an offer and one is still waiting. None of that screams out to me that Lewis is the better player - yet. There is only 2-3 years age difference between them so neither is at the end of their career.

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, point me in the direction of how many MOM's Lewis has won compared to Mbye..... When Mbye was in his first season we signed him for a fortune because so many good judges thought we could build a team around him. They may or may not be right today but how does that hype compare with Lewis. He doesn't even have a contract and has only just made the 30. So one is on $80k and the other has just signed a new contract to a club coached by a bloke most on here want as our next coach for $750k+. They were both on the open market, one got an offer and one is still waiting. None of that screams out to me that Lewis is the better player - yet. There is only 2-3 years age difference between them so neither is at the end of their career.
Lewis has played 2 first grade games... of course you would expect Mbye to have more MOM's. BTW- how many has he actually won? Wouldn't be many I reckon.

Just because someone is highly rated coming through the ranks, doesn't mean that they always transition into a great first grade player. We've seen that plenty of times with players.

In no way am I saying that Lewis is a certainty to be a star but from what I have seen in two first grade games gives me some hope.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Lewis has played 2 first grade games... of course you would expect Mbye to have more MOM's. BTW- how many has he actually won? Wouldn't be many I reckon.

Just because someone is highly rated coming through the ranks, doesn't mean that they always transition into a great first grade player. We've seen that plenty of times with players.

In no way am I saying that Lewis is a certainty to be a star but from what I have seen in two first grade games gives me some hope.
I'm not down on Lewis, in fact I think he has lots of promise. It was more about people getting worked up about him being the next GOAT like we did with Mbye. Mbye is a good footy player, not a superstar, but still good. Lewis promises to be at least as good but let's not put the weight of the next turvey or baa on him just yet. At least give him the rest of this year to see if he can cope with the grind. Look at Brodie Croft. Next Cooper Cronk and then 10 weeks in the reggies. It all takes time.

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not down on Lewis, in fact I think he has lots of promise. It was more about people getting worked up about him being the next GOAT like we did with Mbye. Mbye is a good footy player, not a superstar, but still good. Lewis promises to be at least as good but let's not put the weight of the next turvey or baa on him just yet. At least give him the rest of this year to see if he can cope with the grind. Look at Brodie Croft. Next Cooper Cronk and then 10 weeks in the reggies. It all takes time.
For sure mate. There is a tendency on this place (and with sports fans in general) to get overly excited about young players' potential, particularly when they come into a struggling team and show some promise.

Lewis isn't perfect and he will definitely take time- who knows how far he will progress. He just has the little bit of mongrel and 'go' about him that I like. Time will tell I spose.

Mbye is certainly a good player, for sure. Just not great. And I don't think he ever will be. If he was earning $400k a year and wasn't allowed do media interviews, most people on here wouldn't mind him. I think there are a few reasons why he cops so much shit on here- he came with a big reputation, never really lived up to the hype, was earning a shitload of coin, came across smug in interviews, and he looked disinterested on the field half the time. Who knows, maybe he just needed a change of scene and might live up to his potential.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If you were to say that Mbye is 10x the poser Lewis is then I'd agree. :grinning:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I have a bad feeling when Austin leaves Raiders, Raiders will make a big play for Lachlan Lewis to play alongside Sezer.

Lewis has history there too.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I have a bad feeling when Austin leaves Raiders, Raiders will make a big play for Lachlan Lewis to play alongside Sezer.

Lewis has history there too.
Think Ata Hingano and Paul Roache might have something to say about that.

He never had a big wrap down here and the word was he believed he was king shit on fuck mountain.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In all the interviews I've seen of Mbye sure he talked the talk but, it appeared to me that deep down he talked with no confidence.
Half backs need to have plenty of it, simply because they have to do a lot of talking, and its often not what you say but the way you say it.
Lewis in direct contrast to Mbye has plenty of it IMHO. I believe that the reason is because their backgrown's are very different.
They both had in Mbye's case and has in Lewis case plenty of ability, if Lewis doesn't contract (Cranium Expandus) he will make a great game manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.