What the future should look like! Good Talent Right here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tommy Talau could be something. Good size on him and played 5/8. Repd NSW this year also.
Tommy is certainly a talent... Seems a class above in SG ball.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can anyone take out the CRYSTAL BALL and tell what the team is going to be NEXT YEAR please LOL

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
That is not really a side worth looking forward to.

Some are bench in NSW Cup/Flegg, and others still have to come up through the grades. A LOOOOOONG way. Easily 3-5 years for some of those guys.

You've also missed guys like Picken, the Fuatimau brothers, Dillon, to name a few.
And Cogger and Rhys Martin. Martin has been added to my essentials list with Klemmer and Jackson. A good goal kicker who i reckon will also be a great footballer.

Born&BredABulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If in 3 years we've got a side like that where the only experienced players are Klemmer and Jackson and the others have less than 50 games first grade experience we're going to be fucked. I'm all for youth but it has to be mixed with experience.
100% brother

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Looking at the Panthers kids coming through just burns you... No doubt we were once there and will get back there though it may take sometime.

Wally D

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We should jump on Jarome Luai (panthers half back that played today

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
We should jump on Jarome Luai (panthers half back that played today
I knew we would see this suggestion here today. Not that its a bad one, but we would need to unload Foran first. Theres a story today on 9 website about Gould telling other clubs hands off they are keeping him. What to play 1 or 2 games a year? Or will they play Cleary in reserves lol? They are no chance of keeping him.

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I knew we would see this suggestion here today. Not that its a bad one, but we would need to unload Foran first. Theres a story today on 9 website about Gould telling other clubs hands off they are keeping him. What to play 1 or 2 games a year? Or will they play Cleary in reserves lol? They are no chance of keeping him.
Gould said hands off because he probably knows that Cleary wont be staying at the Panthers

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Gould said hands off because he probably knows that Cleary wont be staying at the Panthers
Well thats the other possibilty they ship Cleary. Who will suggest we get Cleary? For me no, hes not what we need. Maloney is closer.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well thats the other possibilty they ship Cleary. Who will suggest we get Cleary? For me no, hes not what we need. Maloney is closer.
Not what we need. We have not had a half as good as this kid ever. Ever. Not even close. Forget mortimer cleary is already better than he ever was. Hes exactly what we need. Maloney is closer to retirement thats about it. He will stay at penrith. Luai will play 5/8 when maloney goes if panthers can convince him to wait that long.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This Kid should be a priority signing, he can be the Ben Barba we lost the X factor we are lacking.
Sign him NOW !!!

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not what we need. We have not had a half as good as this kid ever. Ever. Not even close. Forget mortimer cleary is already better than he ever was. Hes exactly what we need. Maloney is closer to retirement thats about it. He will stay at penrith. Luai will play 5/8 when maloney goes if panthers can convince him to wait that long.
Cleary isn't good enough to tie Mortimer's shoe lace...
Mortimer should be an immortal !!!

berries67

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Cleary isn't good enough to tie Mortimer's shoe lace...
Mortimer should be an immortal !!!
Mortimer had X factor running game - speed, step, chip and chase. Cleary is a good all round half but no X factor that can turn a game like Mortimer could.
Luai may be contracted to the end of this year but I am sure negotiations are underway to keep him at Penrith. However, makes you wonder where do they fit him in - fullback, off the bench?. Is Cleary signed up beyond this year?

Last edited:

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mortimer had X factor running game - speed, step, chip and chase. Cleary is a good all round half but no X factor that can turn a game like Mortimer could.
Luai may be contracted to the end of this year but I am sure negotiations are underway to keep him at Penrith. However, makes you wonder where do they fit him in - fullback, off the bench?. Is Cleary signed up beyond this year?
Grand final 1980 Sydney cricket ground...Steve Mortimer makes three brilliant try saving cover tackles on the roosters flying wingers to win the grand final.
But all we hear about how Scott Sattler did one in the 2003 grand final.
I hate politics and favoritism !!!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yeh hes good but Maloney steers the ship at penrith. We need someone to steer the ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.