Jarome Luai

Status
Not open for further replies.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
But pay wanted cogger fmd
We need halves. Frawley, Cleveland, JMK are just not the answer to build a meaningful team around...and arguably Cleveland and Frawley will be gooone??!

So unless we paid an absolute truckload for the kid, it isn’t a total bust just yet. All comes down to what we can do with whatever pennies we have to spend from here!!

I know we blow our loads early here ( a couple of months ago Mbye was our fullback saviour, now he’s a despised no hoper who robbed us blind)....but let’s hope this kid is at least being discussed as an option by management!

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lewis should bulk up and transition into a ball playing forward. Doesn't have the footwork or the pace for centres and he doesn't really have it for the halves either imo.

I hate to think how some people on here would he carrying on if Luai was already playing for us and had a game like that considering the way some are carrying on over Lewis for making some tackles hahaha.
Haha it would be a gigantic jizz sesh

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
But according to the club we don't have two cents to rub together for any new players until 2021.
I'm enjoying how the club is keeping us members & supporters fully informed with the whole truth & nothing but the truth.
So help us God :grinning:

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This kid will be the next big thing.. has been just about the best half in the ISP and is close to best on field tonight; having an absolute blinder.... I said we should target him a few weeks ago when they beat us in the ISP
Haven't seen much of him but damn, he carved the warriors open like a turkey last night. Definitely think he'll be a very good FG player within the next year. With maloney and cleary ahead of him, we should most certainly chase him before some other club snaps him up

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen much of him but damn, he carved the warriors open like a turkey last night. Definitely think he'll be a very good FG player within the next year. With maloney and cleary ahead of him, we should most certainly chase him before some other club snaps him up
That's how he plays most week in the ISP... I know Warriors were a bit the Warriors we're used to last night, but if he can continue to produce that form in first grade which I think he will as he is just a natural.... he will be a superstar

berries67

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I am sure he has been on the radar of every club in the NFL, including ours, for a while. The conmentators last night were saying he plays what he sees in front of him, which he did well and he had a good running game. Some things we need to consider - game management, defense, overall kicking game, ability to follow a match plan. He definitely looked good last night, but is he the type of half we need atm? Is there a reason he is behind Cleary? What would his price be? Can we afford him atm?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I am sure he has been on the radar of every club in the NFL, including ours, for a while. The conmentators last night were saying he plays what he sees in front of him, which he did well and he had a good running game. Some things we need to consider - game management, defense, overall kicking game, ability to follow a match plan. He definitely looked good last night, but is he the type of half we need atm? Is there a reason he is behind Cleary? What would his price be? Can we afford him atm?
Yes he's definitely the type of 6 we need imo. We have no one in our spine that has the ability the create space with some footwork and pace and he brings that in spades.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Jabba The Gould is claiming "hands off" to other clubs chasing Luai.

He claims Panthers have him signed till 2019 (which appears to be a lie to keep the vultures away from him).

He is signed only till end of this season.

Can he play fullback?
Yes.

berries67

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yes he's definitely the type of 6 we need imo. We have no one in our spine that has the ability the create space with some footwork and pace and he brings that in spades.
I agree he could be good at 6. This might depend on moving Foran on and freeing up as much of his cap pace as possible. We probably need a number 7 more.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He looks like too good a player and has way too much skill and a future in front of him for our club to recruit.

We should throw every spare cent the club has at this kid as he has that Ponga like spark and natural flair and instinct that doesn't come along often. I'm sure he'll end up at some club that doesn't even need him like the Roosters.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we can medically retire Foran then Luai would be a great replacement. If Foran stays then maybe Luai too fullback as he could have a similar style to Ponga

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The kid definitely made me sit up and take notice. Sterlo even likened him to our own Ewan McGrady.
Mal Meninga said he reminded him of a young JT

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The result of this will be Luai playing 14 next season and Tyrone May playing for a new club next year i think

Status
Not open for further replies.