Lachlan Lewis - Consolidated Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
"It is important to note if you have played Origin at U18, U20 or Senior Origin, your State of eligibility is confirmed. These new rules are applicable from December 2012. "

I don't believe that Lewis has ever played Origin before (at an age), nor represented a state.
I don't know if it's true but is that rule is why Ponga didn't play for any junior rep teams? He wasn't sure if he wanted to play for QLD/Aus or NZ?

pugsley

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
As a Qldner
Greg Inglis was playing for north’s up here in colts
The chairman of selectors for qld rang the chairman of selectors for nsw and told him about Greg
The nsw guys said they knew nothing about him and weren’t interested in him and said if he was any good he’d be playing in nsw
So you can have him
By the way where was Peter Stirling and Michael O’Connor borne

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't want or expect miracles from him this season. I just want him to gain confidence this year, have a big off season and develop for 2020 when we may be a better chance

bells76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
As a Qldner
The chairman of selectors for qld rang the chairman of selectors for nsw and told him about Greg
The nsw guys said they knew nothing about him and weren’t interested in him and said if he was any good he’d be playing in nsw
So you can have him
Zero relevance... Greg first played senior football for hunter sports high , doesn’t matter who wanted him. Clutching at straws with the where was snoz and Sterling born ... again it’s of absolutely zero relevance to origin eligibility

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't know if it's true but is that rule is why Ponga didn't play for any junior rep teams? He wasn't sure if he wanted to play for QLD/Aus or NZ?
I think I heard he played Union most of his school years and only recently switched to League. Could be wrong though. I couldve done a search too but couldnt be fkd.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I heard he played Union most of his school years and only recently switched to League. Could be wrong though. I couldve done a search too but couldnt be fkd.
I think it was the year that he debuted he was selected for both the junior kiwis and junior kangaroos and he decided to decline both until he could make up his mind

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a Qldner
So you can have him
I'm fine with Greg's choice but seriously, he's lived in QLD for less than 2 years of his life in his late teens. I've lived here (QLD) for 20 years but I'm still a New South Welshman - just like all those Toads in NSW who are still proud Queenslanders. No matter how you look at it, Inglis is a New South Welshman playing for QLD.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm fine with Greg's choice but seriously, he's lived in QLD for less than 2 years of his life in his late teens. I've lived here (QLD) for 20 years but I'm still a New South Welshman - just like all those Toads in NSW who are still proud Queenslanders. No matter how you look at it, Inglis is a New South Welshman playing for QLD.
Spot on!!:blush:

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think it was the year that he debuted he was selected for both the junior kiwis and junior kangaroos and he decided to decline both until he could make up his mind
Irrespective.........he will be much quieter in 2019, will not take long to work him out!!

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol your idea of of a good player is so different to mine. He didn't do anything special. He played a good basic game of football against a very weakened Newcastle. Good on him for a good game. Still wont be a regular first grader in the years to come.
Moey, I hope your wrong. Just like our $50 bet on the dogs getting the spoon.
You have summed up his game well. It was no frills but exactly what we needed to get the win. I m on the fence but a good topic of debate by seasons end. I see no messiah but a regular first grader for 2019 I can go along with.
Forget the weakened knights as it was a weakened dogs side with 40% of its cap either injured, on the bench or at another club.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He didn't fcuk up and took control of a 1st grade footy team on his debut next to another rookie half who has no idea. They also won by a fair margin against a depleted team, the way its meant to be.

Bra good players come in all shapes and forms. This kid is the skilful competitive type. His got Reynolds, JT and Travis Norton written all over him. This kids a GOODEN!!

Will be a regular first grader, will form a premiership winning combo with Coggar and will captain this team one day unless another team nabs him.

Get ready for the flak and I hope u like baid.
To be fair it was the dominance of our forwards and some brilliant plays by Smith which made the difference.
You can probably add the goal kicking to that too. Wouldn’t say he took control at all.
Everything else you said I hope you are 100% correct about.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Was just watching a few of his interviews etc..
This young man beams with absolute confidence, he is very sure of himself and not worried about the pressures or challenges.. and will face them head on! I love this kid an I believe he will be a superstar and I hope to hell we hold onto him long term .

I know it’s only fresh ,but with certain players you can just tell early on if they have the goods an have what it takes an Lewy the prince does !!

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Was just watching a few of his interviews etc..
This young man beams with absolute confidence, he is very sure of himself and not worried about the pressures or challenges.. and will face them head on! I love this kid an I believe he will be a superstar and I hope to hell we hold onto him long term .

I know it’s only fresh ,but with certain players you can just tell early on if they have the goods an have what it takes an Lewy the prince does !!
How good was that interview. Having young enthusiastic players like him will do heaps for our club. I was arround when JT had his debut and always thought he was going to be great. Well this guy is going to be great. He has that defence attitude that JT didn’t have as a plus for him and just watch when he gets his attack and starts organising this team. I am going to be knocked from pillar to post about for this comment but who cares. He will be our new champion so bloody well hurry up and sign him before we can’t afford him.

Last edited:

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
How good was that interview. Having young enthusiastic players like him will do heaps for our club. I was arround when JT had his debut and always thought he was going to be great. Well this guy is going to be great. He has that defence attitude that JT didn’t have as a plus for him and just watch when he gets his attack and starts organising this team. I am going to be knocked form pillar to post about for this comment but who cares. He will be our new champion so bloody well hurry up and sign him before we can’t afford him.
Amen brother, if we don’t he will be gone An his value will rise an we will miss out again!

Reactions: DT
Status
Not open for further replies.