David Klemmer drops bombshell offer to Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did anyone else read this as Klemmer pretty much letting other clubs know he is available and they should make the Dogs an offer?? Kinda like "Oh heyyyyy if the dogs HAD to move me on I'd go if I got another offer".

Can't say I'm suprised, as the way these recent "movings on" of players was undertaken, it's hardly suprising that now others seem to want out.

If he was really happy here he'd simply have said "no comment", or "I'm commited to the Bulldogs". It's a question that didn't need answering, and the answer he has given is a real concern.

What's the bet suddenly the Roosters are on the blower offering him a small fortune (and our club an incentive to release him).

BUT BUT BUT.... all this is squarely on the heads of the NRL for allowing mid season transfers, and players to negotiate contracts whilst in contrat any time during the season. They need to change it again and fast. Only the current club the player is with can recontract them up until the final year of their contract, and player contracts can only be signed off on in the off season.
Hope you're wrong but agree it could be 'a come and get me'. His manager has probably been in his ear saying he is about to hit his best years and there won't be a premiership window open here for a few years.

Last year I was worried the Roosters would chase him when Brad Fittler was in the papers saying he should be the next Bulldogs captain, which went to Jackson.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What a bullshit story.

He was asked if he would move on if asked, he said yes.

He wouldn't have a say in the matter.

If you are asked leave you dont have a say in it.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a bullshit story.

Agree....So you read it as I did also.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Klemmer sad to see Woods go

NSW forward David Klemmer has spoken about his disappointment over his best friend and Canterbury front-row partner Aaron Woods leaving the club mid-season.

Klemmer, who has a tight bond with Woods, couldn’t hide his disappointment but said he was understanding of the club’s predicament.

"Financially, and the position the club is in with the salary cap and whatever drama is happening, people are going to have to move on," Klemmer said.

David Klemmer and Aaron Woods after Australia's World Cup final win over England last year.
David Klemmer and Aaron Woods after Australia's World Cup final win over England last year. Gregg Porteous/NRL Photos
"It’s hard sometimes but we just have to play football and have faith in the club to do the right thing going forward. It’s difficult but that’s the business now. No one is safe.

"You can get a tap on the shoulder at any time. It’s frustrating, to be honest, but I’m happy for him. He did a good job for the Sharks the other night and he will be good for them. It’s hard for him. He’s had no stability in his life and has been chopping and changing, but hopefully he will get that stability at the Sharks.

"It’s disappointing because he’s only been at the club for six months now. Obviously we haven’t been going really well, and unfortunately that’s how things are in this sport these days. You move on when you get told to move on and I think Woodsy has done the right thing by our club during his time here.

"He’s a big loss for us off the field too. He’s someone all the younger boys look up to. But the Sharks have got a big boost come finals time."

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
All I got from it is if the dogs ask him to leave he will leave. No where did it say the dogs have asked him or anything. I really wouldnt take a whole heap from it

Reactions: DT

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
No where did it say if a club came to him, he will ask for a release. All it says if the dogs came to klemmer and asked him can you please join so and so team cuz we have no choice, he will do it. Like the other boys. Graham and mbye didnt want to leave. They knew it was for the best of the team. Klemmer isnt naive. He knows if the club comes calling he would have to for the clubs sake

DOGSOFWAR2013

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a bullshit story.

Except you are Eastwood... on $800,000 and told.he was going to be a park footballer.... nope.. he has stuck it out. Lol

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like lazy "journalism". When no-one will give you a story, you create one by asking a nonsensical question. The old political question "Have you stopped beating your wife?"

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Chicken little reaction lol it’s all hypothetical

If the club asked him to leave then yes he would

But Hill already said they won’t

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
IF it is true that captain calamity is now running the show in terms of recruitment & retention expect this & more.
Rumblings last season about his boot TPA also made it to the media.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Honestly did anyone read the actual article, why is everyone in panic mode, some fuck tard jurno who wrote this trash has twisted klemmers words hard, klemmer if he wanted to leave he would’ve asked for a release a while when we were shopping Woods/Mbye, the poofta or Ganga who wrote this dribble is stirring the pot hard, even when they mentioned that we still have to shed some more players to be cap compliant for 2019 lmao we was already cap compliant already before even let woods and Mbye go, so I would say this is the most BS twisted story a fuck bag has written lately, I also read earlier some where that how he klemmer was disappointed that woodsey has left to the sharks but he’s happy for him as now he has stability and that’s what he wanted and he’s happy for him and he isn’t angry at the club.
You are right beastwood89

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Reporter : So David if the Bulldogs needed you to move on to make Cap Space, would you?

Klemmer : I wouldn't want to, but if its what the Club needs I guess I would do it. I don't want to though, but if its for the good of the club.

The Kennel : Fuck this club, Fuck letting go of Woods, Klemmer looks like he doesn't even want to play for us (even though this has been arguably his best season ever).
This

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's seems that the term "it is understood".. allows journo to write anything they like without the need to be accountable for their comments..

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Honestly did anyone read the actual article, why is everyone in panic mode, some fuck tard jurno who wrote this trash has twisted klemmers words hard, klemmer if he wanted to leave he would’ve asked for a release a while when we were shopping Woods/Mbye, the poofta or Ganga who wrote this dribble is stirring the pot hard, even when they mentioned that we still have to shed some more players to be cap compliant for 2019 lmao we was already cap compliant already before even let woods and Mbye go, so I would say this is the most BS twisted story a fuck bag has written lately, I also read earlier some where that how he klemmer was disappointed that woodsey has left to the sharks but he’s happy for him as now he has stability and that’s what he wanted and he’s happy for him and he isn’t angry at the club.
Panic merchants. They will be calling Klemmer an overrated ego maniac soon.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I think a few of us have missed a key word here...

Beloved Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs prop David Klemmer says he would agree to leave the club if he was asked to move on by management.

Beloved Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs prop David Klemmer says he would agree to leave the club if he was asked to move on by management.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hmm, this smells like a manager ploy to me...
Got nothing to do with broken hearts or loyalty... This sounds like there is a 1 million dollar plus contract out there for Klem.. This is solely about money.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What in the fucking fuck even are these journos on about having to release more players to be compliant, like motherfucker do we even have a team to field
Our salary cap situation is worse than people think....dib budgeted for a salary cap of 10.4 million and this on top of ratchet and inflated contracts means we need to shed more players....this is fact and this is why we won't be able to go after any marquee players until 2021

Boldslug

Waterboy
Reaction score
It looks like he is testing the market. Who would have organised the TPA that apparently fell through?

Status
Not open for further replies.