Bulldogs plan to cover loss of Aaron Woods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hope he goes well, plus he is a lot cheaper option then having Woods eatting up the cap and underperforming.
BUT! Aaron Woods did not underperform!! where do you get your info from??

HaceDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
In some games he only played last 10 mins bro, but not on his debut. Like you said, he played a full game in the centers against Parra. In that game and in round 2 against Cronulla, he was filling in for Matthew Utai, who was suspended. Willie Tonga was our other center, but after Matthew Utai returned from suspension and Ben Harris recovered from injury, SBW was used as an interchange back rower.

In 2004, his debut season at age 18/19 he started in 2 games and played in 13 games as interchange. That year Roy Asotasi was the big minutes interchange, Cory Hughes and Reni Maitua were both injected into various positions off the bench, whilst SBW shared the interchange with Jamie Feeney and Dennis Scott.

In 2005, he only started in 3 games and played in 2 games as interchange because of a severe knee and minor shoulder injuries.
In 2006 he started in 15 games and played in 6 games as 'big minutes impact' interchange.
From 2007 to 2008 he started in all 32 games.
I do not ever remember seeing him only play the last 10 minutes

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I do not ever remember seeing him only play the last 10 minutes
In 2004 at age 18/19 the Bulldogs used him in 13 games off the bench. He missed 13 games out of 28 and started in his first 2 games as center.
In the next 5 games he came on for approx 10 - 15 minutes, end of every half, in the next 8 games which included the grand final, he played for approx 50 - 60 minutes per game.
To clarify, he didn't only play last 10 minutes in a game, but last 10 minutes of every half. During the season, in 2 games he was saved and wasn't used off the bench.

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
BUT! Aaron Woods did not underperform!! where do you get your info from??
You're right, he didn't under-perform. He played to his potential, which is fucking rubbish.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're right, he didn't under-perform. He played to his potential, which is fucking rubbish.
Was about to tell him same thing. Woods hasnt under performed, he has always only been this good. People over rate him cause he stood out in an ordinary team for all them years. Thank fuck fittler is now coach of blues. Ive played under pay. He likes quick play the balls and aggressive running. Woods backs into people like a prostitute at end of a long shift. I said from day dot pay would get rid of him before june 30. And it is not pays fault our polenesian boys are not fit enough. They need to take some onnus and look after themselves or just fuck them off too and get in blokes that do ! Simple

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And our plan to cover woods.............. go down to the pub and take a pick lol

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i think they should pick an unknown guy and give him a chance

its like what happened to rocky, if apollo's original opponent and all legit opponents didnt pull out of the fight then they wouldnt have got rocky which means there would be nobody to stop ivan drago and the communists would win the cold war

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
i think they should pick an unknown guy and give him a chance

its like what happened to rocky, if apollo's original opponent and all legit opponents didnt pull out of the fight then they wouldnt have got rocky which means there would be nobody to stop ivan drago and the communists would win the cold war
Wouldn't mind giving Drago a crack at prop lol

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
how much better have we gone since getting rid of this snow flake! no more dumb penalties to lose close matches week after week and now pretty much all our forwards are guys who want to get in and have a dig.....add Mbye to the snow flake list while we are at it Hoppa has been 100% better at fullback

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
how much better have we gone since getting rid of this snow flake! no more dumb penalties to lose close matches week after week and now pretty much all our forwards are guys who want to get in and have a dig.....add Mbye to the snow flake list while we are at it Hoppa has been 100% better at fullback
They were poison

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

Woods didn't bother me that much, however Moses for me was holding our attack back as we were continuously chopping and changing just hoping that we could find a position to suit the bonehead

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was about to tell him same thing. Woods hasnt under performed, he has always only been this good. People over rate him cause he stood out in an ordinary team for all them years. Thank fuck fittler is now coach of blues. Ive played under pay. He likes quick play the balls and aggressive running. Woods backs into people like a prostitute at end of a long shift. I said from day dot pay would get rid of him before june 30. And it is not pays fault our polenesian boys are not fit enough. They need to take some onnus and look after themselves or just fuck them off too and get in blokes that do ! Simple
When did you play under Pay?

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
the forward pass on tackle one of a 7 tackle set was horrible... almost as if his head wasn't in the game at stages

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Woods didn't bother me that much, however Moses for me was holding our attack back as we were continuously chopping and changing just hoping that we could find a position to suit the bonehead
And he thought he could kick goals despite having mr 98% on the fkn Park with him

How many close games we could have won if Martin kicked

Status
Not open for further replies.