Round 16 - Bulldogs vs Knights - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Didn't rate him as a player, but I have to admit he looks less rorted than the other refs.
I never rated him either but I played with and against him through club and schoolboy and he was always ‘destined’ had the right connections lol

His dad was/is a good coach though

I thought Henry brother would make it...gun running 6 but he loved booze and drugs too much

berries67

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Not sure if mentioned already but Cogger starting for the Knights. Could be interesting.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This day will end in disappointment
We have had plenty of disappointments last year and this year and sure to have more but looking forward to this game. Also what has happened letting these players go is a big plus for us. We can all knock Pay as a coach but his dealing with what he has. I am looking forward to next year being more competitive and this year well we knew ages ago it was over now we can build for next year.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We have had plenty of disappointments last year and this year and sure to have more but looking forward to this game. Also what has happened letting these players go is a big plus for us. We can all knock Pay as a coach but his dealing with what he has. I am looking forward to next year being more competitive and this year well we knew ages ago it was over now we can build for next year.
Plan for the worst. Hope for the best.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
today will indicate how the rest of the season will look like...

Heres to hoping ........... fingers crossed theres still some fight left in the boys..

at this stage looking at our roster, all I can ask for is effort....

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This feels like the first game of a new era. We've surely reached the bottom, in terms of off-field stuff, having released two of our supposed best players and starting with very different lineup on the field. I'm not expecting big things (yet) from Lewis, but I'm more interested in watching Ogden go around. He could turn into the perfect player for a rebuild - cheap but genuine FG quality. Fingers crossed for him and us.

Hopefully Pay's hard treatment of Brown has reduced the size of his head and he makes a good solid contribution, without all his usual selfish plays. If he does, he could be good too.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Positive post Terrier and a good way of looking at our future in a positive manner.

I totally agree I'd say after moving on a couple players maybe the rest might be settled a but more in the mind and be more focused.

Having the younger guys get a go at least provides some variety with the style of play
they bring and can't wait to see how Lewis goes. One thing about Pay, he is all for his juniors to have a shot. As a rookie coach his doing the best with what he has to play with. But be careful when you praise Pay, you can get shot down by negative know it all's.

We will get there and be a force again.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Positive post Terrier and a good way of looking at our future in a positive manner.

I totally agree I'd say after moving on a couple players maybe the rest might be settled a but more in the mind and be more focused.

Having the younger guys get a go at least provides some variety with the style of play
they bring and can't wait to see how Lewis goes. One thing about Pay, he is all for his juniors to have a shot. As a rookie coach his doing the best with what he has to play with. But be careful when you praise Pay, you can get shot down by negative know it all's.

We will get there and be a force again.
Understand what your saying about Pay and agree. Be nice to see more positives on this site. Today’s game I am really looking forward too. Lewis I hope does well and hope his part of our rebuilding. Not to well though don’t want the press going overboard and then inflating his price if we haven’t signed him and putting us in a race for him. But hope he does well today.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Understand what your saying about Pay and agree. Be nice to see more positives on this site. Today’s game I am really looking forward too. Lewis I hope does well and hope his part of our rebuilding. Not to well though don’t want the press going overboard and then inflating his price if we haven’t signed him and putting us in a race for him. But hope he does well today.
Hope we re sign lewis asap.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Plan for the worst. Hope for the best.
The Knights are beatable even in our current position. Their forward pack is weak and the edges are prone to defensive errors because of it. If Pay is as competent as some people think then he should have been able to put a gameplan together over the rep break to have us asking enough questions of the defence.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The Knights are beatable even in our current position. Their forward pack is weak and the edges are prone to defensive errors because of it. If Pay is as competent as some people think then he should have been able to put a gameplan together over the rep break to have us asking enough questions of the defence.
Plan for the 4 hit ups on their line but hope for some attacking shape lol

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Plan for the 4 hit ups on their line but hope for some attacking shape lol
Haha. Honestly is doesn't need to be anything complicated, something as simple as running back in through the ruck and using a change of angles is enough to put the Knights defence under pressure and break up the defensive line.

Knights also have all the pressure on them, they need to win to stay in contention for the 8, if we start hard and fast we we can put even more pressure on them and force throw them off their game. On the other hand the Knights are more than capable of destroying our edges and running in 6+ tries lol.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Switch Holland to centre or they will run at Montoya all day, we have to defend like chasing a house thief for the 80

Status
Not open for further replies.