Debutant Lachlan Lewis has right talent and temperament for struggling club, says Uncle Wally

Status
Not open for further replies.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Lachy will at least go hunting for the ball and is always 100% competitive, even if the game seems done.

I don't expect him to shy to the occassion, but rather rise to it.

Hope he has a blinder.

Learn to tackle, Learn to not race out of the line, and Learn to stay involved in the game for 80 minutes and go looking for the ball.

In all honesty I can't see Cleeland ever being anything but a NSW Cup player. He's 27 and yet to debut... why pick him over someone like Adam Douehi or Cogger who are young!?!
27? Fuck me, I thought he would be 19-21. Yeah, I have to agree with you then about him being just a NSW Cup player.

It's not like he is a prop who matures at 26-27 years old.

Superuber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I hope your right wally. Hopefully hes our captain in 3 to 5 years time leading out a young enthusiastic side thats been recruited from the new board to a grand final to kick the rorters arse.............................hopefully

Are you aware that it’s the job of the coach and football department to recruit and build a team. The board is all about governance.
If you really believe that we are in financial problems then blame the previous board but the whole team roster and playing style is all Hasler.

The only issue we have with the cap is contracts to wrong players and concentration in positions that will hamper the team until they expire, we are not overspending we have just put all the eggs in the wrong basket.

Financially we are very strong which is a credit to the organisation as a whole, my only issue with the old board was the reluctance to act on Hasler until it was to late.

Bozzo

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Well I wish him all the luck.May he lives up to his name

Yanni Gogolak

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah I hope his surname is not a curse. If he tries hard and has a dig that will do me for now.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can see Brisbane offer this kid plenty of dosh we don't have.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Future prediction: He absolutely kills it these remaining rounds of the NRL and in turn we can't afford to offer him a contract completing what will be a horror 2018 for us.

It's all good though, at least we have Foran only on a million a year. -.-

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kid has the worst job in the NRL. Coming into a side that deserves to be at the bottom of the ladder who just got rid of the Fullback who has been directing all their play and the Prop who was expected to be the X-factor. If he looks average in this side after a few weeks you know he has potential.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Kid has the worst job in the NRL. Coming into a side that deserves to be at the bottom of the ladder who just got rid of the Fullback who has been directing all their play and the Prop who was expected to be the X-factor. If he looks average in this side after a few weeks you know he has potential.
Baptism by fire brother!

It can make or break him.

HaceDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I love the way this young man plays the game. He is raw but he has such a commitment to the game and the team. Can hit hard in defence. Let's give him a chance to prove himself in the top grade...don't crucify him after one performance...
Dogluva, how long till you can get rid of the Parra pic as your avatar? Doesn't suit you

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Dogluva, how long till you can get rid of the Parra pic as your avatar? Doesn't suit you
@HaceDog Dogluva's avatar is in tribute to one of our beloved members, whom (despite being a Parramatta supporter) brought Dogs and Parra supporters together over a common cause and the friendship amongst the two forums still exist.

He pushed the donation drive for @TANK 2.0 (when he was very very ill) to Eels supporters, and he also provided links over here for Parra fans that needed donations (one for a brian tumour operation).

All this whilst he (Peter) was too awaiting an organ transplant. Sadly Peter lost his battle whilst waiting for a new organ. His good friend @Sir Col "THE MU still posts around this forum (and remains a treasured member here) as does his daughter. Sir Col struck up a friendship with @dogluva, and together (with Peters legacy in mind) pushed forth trying to get both clubs to do "Organ Donation Round", with the assistance of the Gremmo brothers (and their Jersey Day in tribute of his son that passed away).

Peter will forever be remember here for his jovial, laid back, and passionate posts.

So it's not just "a Parra picture", it has far more meaning than that.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely he has got to be better than the rubbish Frawley spews up week after week...good luck to him...christ knows we need something good to come through this disgusting mess Hasler & co created for us

Sir Col 'The Mushroom'

Rest In Peace Mate
Premium Member
Reaction score
Listen Dizzie I am highly offended by you lot trying to claim last spot on the ladder.
THAT IS OURS AND WE WON'T FIGHT ANYONE TO KEEP IT!
Love your last line though - spot on.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I am going to be the pessimist on here as per usual. Based on what I have seen over the years from Lewis I don't believe he is FG material. I really don't..

BUT......

I will support him and I do sincerely hope he makes a fool out of me and kills it. If Jmk Frawley and Elliot as shit as they are get a chance then why not this kid. Hope he takes this shot and makes it his own.

And as old as Cleeland is, it would have been nice to have seen him get at least 1 game in FG and get a chance. Nothing to lose for our club and everything to gain...

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I am going to be the pessimist on here as per usual. Based on what I have seen over the years from Lewis I don't believe he is FG material. I really don't..

BUT......

I will support him and I do sincerely hope he makes a fool out of me and kills it. If Jmk Frawley and Elliot as shit as they are get a chance then why not this kid. Hope he takes this shot and makes it his own.

And as old as Cleeland is, it would have been nice to have seen him get at least 1 game in FG and get a chance. Nothing to lose for our club and everything to gain...
Cleeland is a funny one. I must say the one thing we have been missing for the past 3 years is attacking flair and the ability to sniff out a try. Here we have a (no so young now) bloke who has white line fever and we continually overlook him. I know he has defensive issues but lets face it he wouldn't be Robinson Crusoe in our team. The upside is he may score more than he lets in. Sure JMK can tackle and Lewis for that matter apparently but we need to score points not prevent them. I really don't see what we have to lose by throwing them both in and pushing JMK to hooker.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Cleeland is a funny one. I must say the one thing we have been missing for the past 3 years is attacking flair and the ability to sniff out a try. Here we have a (no so young now) bloke who has white line fever and we continually overlook him. I know he has defensive issues but lets face it he wouldn't be Robinson Crusoe in our team. The upside is he may score more than he lets in. Sure JMK can tackle and Lewis for that matter apparently but we need to score points not prevent them. I really don't see what we have to lose by throwing them both in and pushing JMK to hooker.
Finally someone who agrees with me. Cody Walker debuted at 25/26 and look how he is going. He isnt a noted tackler as well.

I would have loved to have had Cleeland/Lewis halves this weekend, Brown hooker and Jmk on bench. These 2 have played with each other last 2 years and know each others game. Would have made their FG debuts a bit easier.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great news giving the young bloke a chance....what does Josh Cleeland have to do to get a start ?
For starters play consistently & importantly stand up against the better opposition instead of going missing

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Might be in with a half a chance if he has a kicking game, can organize attack and put some points on.

HaceDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
@HaceDog Dogluva's avatar is in tribute to one of our beloved members, whom (despite being a Parramatta supporter) brought Dogs and Parra supporters together over a common cause and the friendship amongst the two forums still exist.

He pushed the donation drive for @TANK 2.0 (when he was very very ill) to Eels supporters, and he also provided links over here for Parra fans that needed donations (one for a brian tumour operation).

All this whilst he (Peter) was too awaiting an organ transplant. Sadly Peter lost his battle whilst waiting for a new organ. His good friend @Sir Col "THE MU still posts around this forum (and remains a treasured member here) as does his daughter. Sir Col struck up a friendship with @dogluva, and together (with Peters legacy in mind) pushed forth trying to get both clubs to do "Organ Donation Round", with the assistance of the Gremmo brothers (and their Jersey Day in tribute of his son that passed away).

Peter will forever be remember here for his jovial, laid back, and passionate posts.

So it's not just "a Parra picture", it has far more meaning than that.
Fair enough. I do recall Peter and the work he did for tank and vice versa. Sad to hear he lost his battle, may he rest in peace.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fair enough. I do recall Peter and the work he did for tank and vice versa. Sad to hear he lost his battle, may he rest in peace.

Good aye mate and all good. Mr I has given you a rundown on my avatar and I can assure you that I am not a closet Parra fan, only one side for me...

Peter was a beautiful man who fought a good hard battle against the odds and it simply is my tribute to him. He had a beautiful outlook on things but had a softer side too. It is coming on close to two years since the great man left the room and I will at some stage revert to a more Doggie like avatar...just not yet.

I was lucky enough to have shared many a conversation with him, lots of text messages and some photos, one of which I did post on the kennel, with the permission of his family of course.It broke my heart when I found out he had passed, although I should have known something was very wrong when my texts and phone calls were not returned. Thankfully Sir Col his good mate kept me informed of his progress and thought enough to call me when "Peter left the building" .

Even though we supported different footy teams we were both of the same era and had many like memories of the way that life was lived back then.

Need to catch up at a game sometime...you know where to find me...

Status
Not open for further replies.