Round 16 - Bulldogs vs Knights - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not sure if I blinked, but just watched NRL360 and don't recall a preview of our weekend game .... anyone else miss it?
Straight from Panthers v Sea Eagles to the Broncos v Raiders.
Pffffft do we not even make a mention?!

~c.
Nah we got a “quick” mention, bulldogs vs knights then it was all about ponga and only ponga!

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am so sick of hearing about ponga. Yes he's fucking good, I'm not stupid but fuck me he could do a shit on the field and all the gurus would find a way to praise him about that

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I am so sick of hearing about ponga. Yes he's fucking good, I'm not stupid but fuck me he could do a shit on the field and all the gurus would find a way to praise him about that
Yea no “shit” EM lol.. it gets very boring very quickly.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
What a fucking stupid argument you have presented. You're literally comparing a 3 game series where a coach has 3 weeks prep with players compared to a whole fucking pre season with games every single week.

Yes the roster is bad, but that doesn't make it an excuse for EVERYTHING like you lot claim. Pay still needs to demonstrate some ability but so far he has demonstrated fuck all and looks completely out of his depth.

What's different with Pay compared to Des? What has he actually changed for the better? What shapes do we run? What are our structures like? What great tactical calls has he made? I could go on and on.

So tell me, what has Pay actually done well?
We're still eagerly awaiting to see the super team you'd pick if you were coach for this weekend. Where is it?

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Even NSW experts love him

Gus said in call Ponga could win the game for Qld and Joey post match said it was the best Origin debut ever

Ponga is going to tear us a new one on the weekend

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for that, I'm in the quiet carriage and I'm trying not to laugh, good one.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Still laughing at Ponga's interview post Game II.

Question: What's the biggest different between an NRL game and SoO?
Ponga's Answer: "Not much difference"

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Promoted players and dropped others.

Who did you do your coaching apprenticeship under out of interest?
He promoted and dropped players? Lol wow, imagine praising him for doing the basics of coaching.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So tell me, because Kevin Walters won the SOO with Smith, Thurston and Cronk and now he has a different team and lost the first series without those top players does that make him a coach that doesn't have an idea and only won them because of those players?

I don't think Walters is a shit coach but he does need time with his team to rebuild and then after a couple years we can judge him.

Don't you think Pay should be allowed the same time to prove himself with his team?
He honestly shouldn't be doing as terribly as he is right now.

I never expected us to make the semis this year but instead of a new structure or any form of new direction, we've looked just like we have the past few years and there doesn't seem to be any change afoot. If anything we've lost any defensive structure and our attack has become just the same.

Izy

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
For the first time ever of betting on multi's, I have gone against the Dogs!
If they win this and I am up, I will riot!

The only glimmer is Lewis. Let's wait and see what he can produce. It'll be interesting.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If these tough decisions were not being made, the period of poor performances would be for so much longer. You need to stabilise before you can move forward.
Thats what is happening now, but some people prefer to look beyond the obvious, and demand immediate results. It doesnt work like that.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a fucking stupid argument you have presented. You're literally comparing a 3 game series where a coach has 3 weeks prep with players compared to a whole fucking pre season with games every single week.

Yes the roster is bad, but that doesn't make it an excuse for EVERYTHING like you lot claim. Pay still needs to demonstrate some ability but so far he has demonstrated fuck all and looks completely out of his depth.

What's different with Pay compared to Des? What has he actually changed for the better? What shapes do we run? What are our structures like? What great tactical calls has he made? I could go on and on.

So tell me, what has Pay actually done well?
Your sounding like Des every day.

Structures? We have been structured for years, we don't need structure. We need players to have the capability to play what's in front of them. That's what the good players and teams do. We don't have those players.

Changed? The team. We have had more ISP players play this year than under Des's six years. That's called rebuilding with your juniors but some pain comes with it which some, like you can't take.

Mate, you stick to your agenda in being a sook and putting shit on the club, team and Pay but I have no doubt you'll be the first to get on the bandwagon when we turn it around. At the end of the day your voice doesn't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.