Thief in the night

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't believe this guy still cops shit. He's done more for us than Sharon did and he's done it a lot cheaper.
The hate on Tolman is all generated from his uncanny ability to be standing at first receiver in the attacking 20m area. Thinking a tuck it under the arm hit up is what is needed.

Tolman in defence is the kind of player every club needs. In general play with the ball he gets dominated.

Not sure what sort of a wage he is on? If he could concentrate on defence and have little involvement with the ball. Particularly in the attacking 20m zone. I am happy to have him in the team. I think if we had a 7 & 9 that had a clue Tolman would be much better.

The lack of vision and direction from our playmakers calling the shots in recent years. Has left all our forwards clueless and in the way.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Let's be honest.. the only players who are earning their pay cheques are Klemmer and the Morris boys (prior to injury)

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The regular beef about Tolman being in the 4th tackle is rubbish. have a look at where he is in the game.
Hes always there to take the ball whether its the first tackle or the last. The problem we have, and have had for a long time, is we do not have any ball players.
The ball player doesnt have to be a half or 5/8. Anyone with that skill is what is needed. Graham had it at first but lost it.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
They aren't thieves if some grinning idiot just decides to hand them a wad of cash by way of a gift...... the real crooks are the pricks who were in power and created this nightmare situation......as far as Tolman goes, he ain't that bad......and we're going to need him now Woods is gone.....people should lay off him. He is a steady prop who does important defensive work for us and never shies away from his workload.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Let's be honest.. the only players who are earning their pay cheques are Klemmer and the Morris boys (prior to injury)
By that standard, there are a lot of people in corporate life who are a long way away from truly earning their own cheques...lol

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I cant understand all the hate for Tolman. I know hes not a superstar, but he does all the things a good prop should do.
He cleans up all the missed tackles, and doesnt miss any of his. I guess the down side is he is probably taking up to much of our cap.
He plays a similar game to Bromwich and Matulino, and they dont get rubbished. I guess its just a Kennel thing.
Lolllll. They bend the line. He couldn't bend a banana

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I cant understand all the hate for Tolman. I know hes not a superstar, but he does all the things a good prop should do.
He cleans up all the missed tackles, and doesnt miss any of his. I guess the down side is he is probably taking up to much of our cap.
He plays a similar game to Bromwich and Matulino, and they dont get rubbished. I guess its just a Kennel thing.
Agreed Speedy. It sometimes seems you have to be playing reserve grade to get rated on here. Every team needs a Tolman, he won't pull off a massive hit or break too many defensive lines but he rarely misses a tackle or makes a mistake.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Tolman before he got injured was playing good football and starting to develop a well timed offload.

He's just come back from injury, yet people want to shit all over him again.

Give the bloke a chance FFS

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
If everyone rkns mbye, woods , Foran etc are robbing us
Let's focus on the the bloke who's going under the radar and robbing us blind with an apprently huge backended contract
Aiden tolman
Bloke ain't a props asshole
What???
He doesn't have a back ended contract at all.
He is on a bit less than $500k with % increases in line with salary cap % increase.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I really like Tolman, he has always put in. He's often the one chasing an opponent on the break to try to make the conversion harder. Always puts his hand up for the dirty work, works hard off the ball. Yeah he's not an explosive front rower and doesn't smash blokes in defence but he's an honest worker who rarely lets us down.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Last year we didn’t need him. Right now, we do.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Only on 400K. Worth every cent, hes never been an impact player but a great reliable workhorse.

Every 17 needs one
Where’s that figure from mate? I thought he was on more than that, and potentially backended

crack

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
is Tolman over paid ? yep
Should we have re-signed him last year ? nope
was giving 4 fucking year ridiculous ? yep
Is any of this tolman fault ? nope

Tolman has played 165 games for this club and there have been games where has left everything on the field trying to do his best to get us wins, has copped more then his share of criticism but never once has he stopped putting in. i wish we didn't re-sign him but as long as he is still putting in the effort, i'll see no reason to personally bag the guy because some idiots paid him to much
Until we see a shit load more from toomaga, tualau and fualongo, Tolman is the second best prop in the club

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a fan of trashing someone just because they took what was offered.

Typical kennel.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Stupid title and stupid thread. Back ended contract. Who's fault is that? He is not glamorous but does what is expected of him.

This is my post for the next month or so :grinning:

Status
Not open for further replies.