Consolidated Dogs Salary Cap Situation Thread (including news articles)

Status
Not open for further replies.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So we lose 30% of our cap but 10% increase in salaries in players remaining will take us to the brink.

Im no mathematician but it doesnt make sense

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Another fucking BS article. I love numbers and very good at it. No way in god's name are we close to the cap. No chance.
Unless Foran klemmer Jackson Tolman lichaa take up 6-7million of the cap then no mathematical equation could add up to 9.6mill. Even if there wages went up by 30-40% we arent even close.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Another fucking BS article. I love numbers and very good at it. No way in god's name are we close to the cap. No chance.
Unless Foran klemmer Jackson Tolman lichaa take up 6-7million of the cap then no mathematical equation could add up to 9.6mill. Even if there wages went up by 30-40% we arent even close.
Club keeping this in their back pocket as an excuse for mediocrity in the next couple of years

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wish the club would come out and say something the silence is deafening.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For this to be plausible, the ratchet clauses must be huge in the outer years.

But, we know this. We are cap compliant for next year as of us having woodsy and mbye. That much is true, I believe hill on that one.

So, even with ratchet clauses, we should have whatever we have from freeing up mbye and woodsy.

For the “simple maths”, and “10%” inflated salaries, we must have been working towards 10.56m. I know des and dib are idiots but surely they must not have been that stupid.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
For this to be plausible, the ratchet clauses must be huge in the outer years.

But, we know this. We are cap compliant for next year as of us having woodsy and mbye. That much is true, I believe hill on that one.

So, even with ratchet clauses, we should have whatever we have from freeing up mbye and woodsy.

For the “simple maths”, and “10%” inflated salaries, we must have been working towards 10.56m. I know des and dib are idiots but surely they must not have been that stupid.
It's not stupidity, just negligence. It's an all or nothing play. Spend more money than you have in an attempt to win the premiership. If you win then the fans will accept the salary cap hell you've created and accept losing players. If it fails you end up in our situation.

Many teams have done it in the past including St George and Manly. The difference is that they won the premiership before the shit hit the fan.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Time will tell whether there is truth to these articles. But if they're not true and we have all this cap space let's see who else we sign this season and next.

We will be in for quite a few tough seasons. When we have money we won't be an attractive place to play so we're either going to have to pay overs or take other clubs rejects like Newcastle are with some players. Then once we're mid table or have a better coach we'll be able to get decent players.

This is something older bulldogs fans are not really used to.

bells76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ffs the media are out to get us ... hoppa, Klemmer, jj , Tolman and the thief Foran still have ridiculously back ended contracts. Time to live in reality people

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
To be honest the NRL should have some accountability for presiding over these contracts. If this was our own doing, then why dont they slap us with fines. I dont see any other club strugling with paying players to play for another team. Which means it was deliberate and cunning from day one. I just find that this whole mess could've been avoided, or is it a mad conspiracy to push us into a corner, struggle, merge and or relocate?

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
THis article is bullshit fear mongering, they say it as if it’s fact and then say it’s a grey area that no one really knows about, and we were cap compliant for the next couple of years before we even released woods or mbye
you are right, this article has to be exagerated remember this jerk is writing about the Bulldogs. I dont know our position and neither does he. he talks like he is running the nrl,he is just a journalist gets his info from gossip. The only people i will believe is the current management at the moment i am sure they will let us know what the situation is when there ready. at the moment there working on it. not going to listen to this HALF WIT.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
To be honest the NRL should have some accountability for presiding over these contracts. If this was our own doing, then why dont they slap us with fines. I dont see any other club strugling with paying players to play for another team. Which means it was deliberate and cunning from day one. I just find that this whole mess could've been avoided, or is it a mad conspiracy to push us into a corner, struggle, merge and or relocate?
I totally agree with you, talk about giving the game a bad name. Where is there bloody fine, How can you administer the nrl and clubs if you have no precautions in place.
Dont the nrl approve these contracts before clubs buy players. The nrl is also responsible for this mess not the clubs only.Letting clubs go over the cap and then punishing them for doing so under there watch is disgraceful. Greenberg is incompetant.

Last edited:

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I totally agree with you, talk about giving the game a bad name. Where is there bloody fine, How can you administer the nrl and clubs if you have no precautions in place.
Dont the nrl approve these contracts before clubs buy players. The nrl is responsible for this mess not the clubs. Letting clubs go over the cap and then punishing them for doing so under there watch is disgraceful. Greenberg is incompetant.
Wtf... it’s the clubs fault mate.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
They aren’t. They are the governing body
they are because of that..been running a business and hiring people for 40 years my friend. my staff are responsible for their actions and as an employer i am responsible for theirs. if you cant work that out no point in chatting anymore. Contracts go to them for approval. nrl and clubs are both reponsible

Last edited:

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
they are because of that..been running a business and hiring people for 40 years my friend. my staff are responsible for there actions and as an employer i am responsible for theirs. if you cant work that out no point in chatting anymore. Contracts go to them for approval. nrl and clubs are both reponsible
There would be standard stipulations in the contracts that vacate responsibility from the NRL. Just like when you engage with advisors, you will have an extremely hard time suing them because of these. They make sure to relinquish responsibility.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
they are because of that..been running a business and hiring people for 40 years my friend. my staff are responsible for there actions and as an employer i am responsible for theirs. if you cant work that out no point in chatting anymore. Contracts go to them for approval. nrl and clubs are both reponsible
I’ve said the same thing ... governing body has at least a fiscal responsibility and obligation to correct our spending

TG and his cohorts could see what was unfolding... doesn’t take a forensic accountant to tell you

The NRL were content to let it happen and don’t give a shit the mess we in because we are not the Roosters, Sharks, Broncos or Cowboys

Status
Not open for further replies.