Cogger and Meaney

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
On Cogger and Meaney, they get a clean slate and I hope they succeed. I am certainly not going to bag them before they even do anything. Maybe we are just use to the rubbish we have bought I don't know but they deserve our backing until proven otherwise.

I don't believe this Cap BS now that Mbye and Woods are gone, maybe before but not now. I think the club is enjoying the darkness without being taken seriously so they can keep an eye out and buy something without it being over publicised. No way releasing 2mil of players keeps us buggered until 2021. The club is just playing it smart and keeping the pressure off themselves and the players. Prevents clubs artificially inflating players prices.

Superuber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No what they are saying is the same thing I've been told by the club. We are up the proverbial creek until 2021.
I wouldn’t take the word of the doorman as gospel, he always does that.

crack

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No way were they trying to buy a premiership with the players they recruited.

Desaster was trying to buy a top 8 spot to initiate his top 8 bonus
Probably right, what an embarrassing mess...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I don't believe this Cap BS now that Mbye and Woods are gone, maybe before but not now. I think the club is enjoying the darkness without being taken seriously so they can keep an eye out and buy something without it being over publicised. No way releasing 2mil of players keeps us buggered until 2021. The club is just playing it smart and keeping the pressure off themselves and the players. Prevents clubs artificially inflating players prices.
Yep I think they've told anyone whos talking to "mates" or "mates of mates", to tell them "the clubs fucked and has no money".

Effectively use the media as our own tool to keep the pressure (and player managers) away from our club.

That would give the recruitment team for Dogs time to focus and only approach those they are interested in actually getting at the club. Stops player managers calling and shopping whoever to us.

If this IS right, it's a very smart move.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Yep I think they've told anyone whos talking to "mates" or "mates of mates", to tell them "the clubs fucked and has no money".

Effectively use the media as our own tool to keep the pressure (and player managers) away from our club.

That would give the recruitment team for Dogs time to focus and only approach those they are interested in actually getting at the club. Stops player managers calling and shopping whoever to us.

If this IS right, it's a very smart move.
That's my uneducated opinion too. Giving themselves breathing space.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where did this Lichaa on on 850k come from? Lol. No one wanted him?
Lol at $850k for Lichaa.

Even if it’s $425k over 2 years. It’s 4 times the minimum wage.

As you say other clubs weren’t banging on the door to sign him.

The clubs negotiation skills are terrible if this figure is anywhere near correct.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is an outside chance we may retain JMoz but not Bmoz as his knee is shot, but our ratchet clauses combined with the backended deals means we are bust until 2021. Doesn't matter that we don't understand it. It is what it is.
Therefore what your saying is if both Woods and Mbye had stayed and finished there contracts we would be over the cap for the next few years?

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Therefore what your saying is if both Woods and Mbye had stayed and finished there contracts we would be over the cap for the next few years?
From the conversations I had - yes we were shot for next year. There is some discussion that JMoz may get an offer for next year but not Eastwood or BMoz. Collectively they might free up a few bob, I'm not sure but by the way they were talking I would think that even if it did we would be more inclined to pay forward and build up a bit more cash for 2021. One thing they were all clear about was that we aren't going after anyone for 2019 or 2020.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where did this Lichaa on on 850k come from? Lol. No one wanted him?
Yeah the ***** only getting cold pies bud i dont know where there getting some of these figures from. At least where paying one bloke his worth this year lol.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only way these 2 boys will learn, improve and succeed is if we have a top class hooker and 5/8, and Floporan is definitely not one.
Foran is a great 5/8 when fit.. You however are a typical troll.. Pull your head in fool

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Easy to see why Knights were happy to let Cogger go.

Young Tex Hoy (Flegg on debut) and Brock Lamb in the halves in NSW Cup are tearing us a new one.

Their commentators mentioned they have a heap of halves including Jack Johns and Loghrey who are very good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.