Woods to leave Bulldogs for Sharks immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Are we getting any G O O D sharks players in return though, if not they can piss of!

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
BYYYYEEEEEEEEEEE. Bring on the rebuild.

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
One can only imagine what ridiculous amount his salary would've been in 2021. If Eastwood went from $250k to $800k, then Woods may well have been on $1.5m+ in his final year. As much as I would've liked to keep him at our club (despite his form slump) I think it is the best decision purely based on how scary his last years pay would've been.

Great result for the Bulldogs I think long term.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Be interesting to compare how he performs with the Sharks. Will it tell us about our game or will it tell us about his game?

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess maybe the dogs stood by the 150 sharks and woods came to the party to make it happen. just goes to show woods wanted out.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think we just gifted the sharks an early Christmas present. :worried::unamused:

However a dollar saved is a dollar earned

Last edited:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It absolutley astonishes me that people think we must have paid some freight for the Woods and Mbye moves.
But anyway, people can believe what they want I guess
Getting Woods' and Mbye's contract off the books is a massive step forward they were soaking up so much of the cap and not even close to value for money.

Hats off to the board hopefully they can start working on Foran now.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Be interesting to compare how he performs with the Sharks. Will it tell us about our game or will it tell us about his game?
He will look better at the Sharks..better coach, better structures, better players, etc. He wasn't even bad for us, he just wasn't what we needed and terrible value for money. We needed a more explosive prop, not another slow lumbering one.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
news corp are reporting we are paying part of his salary for the next two years

Ogre

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
IMO it’s a better move for both clubs. We are able to free up some money for the backended deals whereas Cronulla have themselves a representative prop. I would of personally kept Woods if it wasn’t for his contract and him wanting out. He will kill it at Cronulla, his offloads will be threatening and Cronulla players know how to support.

Status
Not open for further replies.