What changes should be made for Origin 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t rate De Belin in origin. I’d personally swap him for Jackson. Being at the game yesterday, Prior looked a little gun shy so I would also swap him for Ryan James. Realistically though, Fittler won’t make any notable changes
Disagree strongly. De Belin was super last night. He and Klemmer in defence rattled QLD. Also made a couple of telling runs. Offers a lot more than Jackson who has been average this year.

berries67

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ideally Roberts should be dropped but I think we will see the same team for Game 3. I think Fittler was too greatly influenced by the try Roberts scored against the Roosters. He wont get that amount of space in an Origin game and his defence is not up Origin standard. If Roberts doesn't improve, and I don't think he will, we need another centre for next year. Ryan James for Prior who I thought was fairly ordinary.

Last edited:

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Disagree strongly. De Belin was super last night. He and Klemmer in defence rattled QLD. Also made a couple of telling runs. Offers a lot more than Jackson who has been average this year.
I wouldn't call it super. He had a good second half. His first half was ordinary.

Im not saying JJ deserves to be there but I don't think JDB offers that much more than JJ IMO.

Tbh Jake Tshould start, miles better than both.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Super? Didn’t see that at all. And neither did any of the crowd. Yes he improved in the second half but there was nothing spectacular. Jake turbo made more impact with his ball playing. Only reason I say Jackson is that he is a proven origin star, having been the best on field a couple of times, winning the Brad Fittler medal, something I never see De Belin winning.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Just name a bunch of nobodies for NSW for the 3rd game. Why risk club injuries for a dead game?

Crowd will be 5 people in Qld gear.

I'd drop Chambers and Gagai and replace them with Sami and Oates.
Id' drop Hunt and replace him with either Morgan or Milford.
Fukn Milford lol

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Ash Taylor for Ben hunt Mitchell Pearce for Nathan Cleary

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I don't see how keeping the same team and allowing combinations to grow is not helping for next year.
Because QLD have 2 home games next year and will beat us if we keep the same team. James Roberts has been our worst player over the 2 games.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I don’t rate De Belin in origin. I’d personally swap him for Jackson. Being at the game yesterday, Prior looked a little gun shy so I would also swap him for Ryan James. Realistically though, Fittler won’t make any notable changes
JDB was amazing in defense.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't call it super. He had a good second half. His first half was ordinary.

Im not saying JJ deserves to be there but I don't think JDB offers that much more than JJ IMO.

Tbh Jake Tshould start, miles better than both.
Ordinary? Really ? His tackle on Hunt was a huge turning point in th match.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Super? Didn’t see that at all. And neither did any of the crowd. Yes he improved in the second half but there was nothing spectacular. Jake turbo made more impact with his ball playing. Only reason I say Jackson is that he is a proven origin star, having been the best on field a couple of times, winning the Brad Fittler medal, something I never see De Belin winning.
If Josh Jackson was playing in the same form he was displaying when he won the Fittler Medal, he’d of been chosen. Unfortunately in a side that has won 3 matches, he has been at best average. This year Jackson didn’t deserve to be picked.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Because QLD have 2 home games next year and will beat us if we keep the same team. James Roberts has been our worst player over the 2 games.
I don't where you are getting this evidence from they will beat us next year? This current squad is undefeated.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ideally Roberts should be dropped but I think we will see the same team for Game 3. I think Fittler was too greatly influenced by the try Roberts scored against the Roosters. He wont get that amount of space in an Origin game and his defence is not up Origin standard. If Roberts doesn't improve, and I don't think he will, we need another centre for next year. Ryan James for Prior who I thought was fairly ordinary.
Waqa Blake will push for the right centre spot next year

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Cleary has been underwhelming so far, doing very little with the ball and leaving Maloney to do the bulk of the kicking. Defensively he has been good but hopefully he steps up in the third game and takes more responsibility.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ordinary? Really ? His tackle on Hunt was a huge turning point in th match.
Yeah I though he was ordinary in the first half. I'm sure he got yanked after about 10 or so minutes. IMO he doesn't offer anything more than JJ, just gets off the line and tackles. We've seen JJ do that in SOO too.

And this is not me saying JJ should be playing, because he shouldn't be. But JDB did sweet fuck all in game one and in the first half he did sweet fuck all too.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Cleary has been underwhelming so far, doing very little with the ball and leaving Maloney to do the bulk of the kicking. Defensively he has been good but hopefully he steps up in the third game and takes more responsibility.
Before game 1 Fittler said that's the gameplan. It's why he has Maloney goal kicking ahead of Cleary even though Cleary has a way better record. He said he doesn't want Cleary to have more pressure on him in his first Origin series.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Aitken for roberts but no one for nsw will get dropped,for qld poinga/munster in the halves and papali to start

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anybody who thinks DeBelin is not up to Origin standards must have been watching something else in the second half as it was off the back of one of his hits forcing an error that we score our winning try.. those moments are what make Origin players

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
My only change - James for Prior. Prior was only a fill in and did nothing. He wont be considered next year so give James the experience.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Adam Elliot has to come into the side somewhere. Maybe play him at lock and push De Bellend into the backline to cover for Roberts. It’s crazy enough that it just might work.

Status
Not open for further replies.