Next 6months - 1Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Hopefully players released will be replaced with seasoned 1st graders and not just "potentials"
This is my concern. Our only two recruits so far were unwanted at their current clubs, who did nothing to stand in their way (Club are yet to confirm Meaney, only Cogger).

For the money Mbye was on you would think you could sign Blake Ferguson & Ken Maumalo.
I detest Fergo for not paying his dues despite being convicted, and yet he offers exactly what we need on the field. I have a bad feeling Roosters will throw a nice car his way to stay.
Warriors I feel will keep one of Junior Pauga or Maumalo. I'd approach the other one for a contract. Pauga is younger, not as tall or solid as Maumalo, but the bloke can move. Excellent footwork and fend.

Offloading Woods only at full freight and you can bring in Tevita Pangai Junior & Corey Oates
If not Oates, Tom Opacic.
If not TPJ, then Korbin Sims or Jayden Su'a.

I doubt there are any dumbcunts out there who would pay Foran match payments let alone an NRL contract but he needs to go. If the club is smart enough they could and need to do whatever is required to release $1m + from our cap from this fraud. For the money foran is on we could sign Koroisau, Coote & Bukuya
I'd prefer Segeyaro over Koroisau.
Instead of Coote aim for Ferguson.
Bukuya I don't rate, and he's 30 next season.

Hastings could and should be signed on minimal contract
Hastings is reportedly ready to head to ESL.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Without knowing the financial side to this I would like to see Woods stay. I am sure he will improve for us in the long term. Also, at the moment we don't have a lot going for us to attract other players. Having two quality front rowers I think would help attract players to the club. Also would give the coach something to base a game plan around. There is not much else at the moment. We cant have Klemmer as our only decent front rower. He will be burnt out in a couple of seasons.
You make at lot of sense, I just hope if the club do realease Woods they have a contingency plan (perhaps signing someone like Tapau) because to me it doesn't appear that there is much in the lower grades.

Nakidog

Waterboy
Reaction score
I obviously care who we recruit and I hope they can play well but above it all they need to be of good character and put the club first, team second, individual third. I know guys like Ferguson, Hastings and company can play but their past tells me they are bad apples.

Status
Not open for further replies.