Chris Anderson getting involved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The big problem is that Warren got the deal in with Keebra Park, after Broncos associated with them. So we got to "pick at the carcass" on that one, resulting in all the really good up and comers going to Broncos.

Peter Mullholland and John Ackland are the two we should never have lost.

Mulholland - 2003-2005 at Panthers (helped assemble their 2003 premiership winning team), 2008-2010 at Bulldogs, 2011-2013 with Knights, 2014-2015 with Dragons, 2016-Present with Raiders.
Ackland - Discovered SBW and Asotasi.

How's this for an interesting bit of information... both Hasler and Anderson have the same number of premierships as coaches!

CHRIS ANDERSON
Premierships as coach: 1995 (Dogs), 1999 (Storm).

DES HASLER
Premierships as coach: 2008 (Manly), 2011 (Manly).

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope that all this shit that is going on is not the Anderson's trying to get their son Ben into the position of coach. If this happens it will be the end of the club once and for all. Admittedly it looks like Dean Pay is on the outer and I had great hopes for him. Wayne Bennett is needed to clean the place out.
Bennet is the best person to get us on the right track, it is obvious that the Broncos don't want him any more. I'd take him as coaching directer immediately, however I think his time as stand alone coach has passed. He is the type of person who doesn't get fazed by anyone and I believe that the player's he has coached have all respected him.

Punchbowl Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree.. but there are right ways and wrong ways of doing so.

Have you ever thought perhaps this is why the playing group are tanking at the moment? Player morale at an all time low, a coach the players aren't sure is even going to be around, and a director shopping them around behind their backs, tearing apart team mates in the process.

I've said for a while now that the display on field from the Dogs has largely echoed the same displays they put on when they were sending a message to the fans that they were not happy and wanted Hasler gone.

It really does seem now like its same scenario, different names.

Ask yourself.. why couldn't this cleanout have happened at the end of the year instead of mid season?
Quite simple really:

* we are fucked for the season anyway

* teams on cusp of eight with room are desperate to buy before 30/6

Punchbowl Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know I come across on here as triggered over the current/previous board, but in all honesty it's out of frustration.

I hated Castle... she was fucking useless and I said so all along.
I came to dislike Hasler towards the end because he was the very definition of madness (trying the same thing and expecting a different result).. plus his stubborness to play the same side was ridiculous.
As for Dib... well he let the whole thing happen, but that doesn't mean he didn't try and change things at the end (alebit too late).

Change needed to happen, however I feel there were other ways it could have (without Dib involved either).

After a year last year where even I will admit I simply didn't bother watching games or turned off after 10 minutes, I entered this season expecting a new coach, new players, and new found excitement. Hooray finally something to look forwards to.

Then came the promises and unprofessionalism, and the new board. To me it was like hearing Castles 50 point plan for greatness all over again.
Then came the rubbish performances on the field.

Effectively the entire off season being excited for change and a new 2018 Bulldogs, half way through the season has turned into the exact same dogshit, just with different names to blame.

It sucks, and as I said... its frustrating. Fans deserve better than words, they deserve action... but tearing the team apart mid season is not the way around it.

I happen to know past players (both at the Dogs and other clubs), and their opinion on this is all the same.. you just don't do it as it upsets team harmony, unsettles players, and has them questioning the whole setup now.

I understand they want to get their hands dirty (new board), but this is akin to taking over as manager of a new business, and then 1 month into your job as manager, picking off and sacking people. Would your employees continue to work hard for you?
They needed a preset plan and if this was on the cards, players should have been told and advised of the idea well in advance. Else leave it 6 months and start taking action.

Hope that explains things a little more on my mindset.
again Mr. I, our season is gone! and your saying it upsets team harmony etc!!!

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bennet is the best person to get us on the right track, it is obvious that the Broncos don't want him any more. I'd take him as coaching directer immediately, however I think his time as stand alone coach has passed. He is the type of person who doesn't get fazed by anyone and I believe that the player's he has coached have all respected him.
You must be insane!!! We’ve just gone through hurricane Hasler & you want to put us through cyclone Bennett!
It took the Dragons 5 seasons to recover from Bennett’s destruction & need I say more about the Knight’s experience under Bennett

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I have no issue with what Anderson is doing, he’s come in and had a look at some of our overpaid and overrated players on the roster and is showing them the door.
I’m getting the impression that our “ salary cap issues” is not as bad as they are making it out to be but is be8ng used as an excuse to rid the club of the overpaid underachieving rubbish .
Isn't this exactly what Gould did at Penrith 6 years ago?. I remember him coming in and telling players like Jennings that they are overpaid and telling them if they want that kind of money to either start playing or find a new club.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The big problem is that Warren got the deal in with Keebra Park, after Broncos associated with them. So we got to "pick at the carcass" on that one, resulting in all the really good up and comers going to Broncos.

Mulholland - 2003-2005 at Panthers (helped assemble their 2003 premiership winning team), 2008-2010 at Bulldogs, 2011-2013 with Knights, 2014-2015 with Dragons, 2016-Present with Raiders.

How's this for an interesting bit of information... both Hasler and Anderson have the same number of premierships as coaches!

CHRIS ANDERSON

DES HASLER
How's this for an interesting bit of information... Anderson has always left his club in a good state of health, while Des has screwed over both of the clubs that put faith in him. Care to guess which two??? That's right the inbreds of Manly and the Bulldogs of Canterbury Bankstown.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

CHRIS ANDERSON

DES HASLER
Actually Mark Hughes is the one that got away & left the biggest void. Our gun 2002 squad & 2004 premiership was the culmination of his recruitment. Ditto Souths 2014 premiership & now done the same with the Panthers.
Mark Hughes is the man we need at the club right now....

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Last edited:

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hear, hear all this upheaval just has to happen.

Fans upset with our results but want softly softly approach to get there?

And Turvey was mentioned as getting more hands on too? Who has a problem with that?

This re-building won't be easy and anyone other than tough negotiators and head kickers will get it done.
Damn straight. People (the players) really need to harden the fuck up and just do what they are so fortunate to do. Especially when they are making so much money to do it!!!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Especially when they are making so much money to do it!!!
When you think about it.. most NRL players make more an hour than almost any other profession.

Lets say you are on $800,000 a season. That's $30,769 per ROUND (based on 26 rounds). 80 minutes in a game means they earn a whopping $384.61 per MINUTE, or $23,076 per HOUR.

Now sure there is training and stuff around that, but when you stop and think about it, they are insanely overpaid for what they do.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
That's the sanitised version of what is going on. both he and Turvey are sticking their noses in all the nooks and crannies of the club and creating a lot of backroom dramas. Just another thing that is causing disruption to the squad......
someone should be causing disruption to the squad because they deserve it

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
When you think about it.. most NRL players make more an hour than almost any other profession.

Lets say you are on $800,000 a season. That's $30,769 per ROUND (based on 26 rounds). 80 minutes in a game means they earn a whopping $384.61 per MINUTE, or $23,076 per HOUR.

Now sure there is training and stuff around that, but when you stop and think about it, they are insanely overpaid for what they do.
$800k implies you are one of the best in the world, so use that for all the other professions for context

like the best lawyer in the world or the best hairdresser in the world or the best salesman in the world, those guys probably make more money

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

They work during the week you know...

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quite simple really:

* we are fucked for the season anyway

* teams on cusp of eight with room are desperate to buy before 30/6
We should try and get rid of everyone that we are postive wont be here next year. Im talking about Eastwood and whoever else is off contract that wont be getting resigned. If it also means the twins then so be it. Try get another club to take them before june 30. Use there money to front load contracts for next year. At this point ill even take 10k for Eastwood we will cover the rest its better then nothing.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just listened to the Telegragh Bunker and Bulldog said that he spoke to Des Hasler and that Des said that the club is just using him and the salary cap as an excuse for everything that is happening at the club. Don't shoot the messenger I'll leave the link at the bottom of the post:

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...w/news-story/7365a412707a0252ee0948f174e67108

#FuckDes :grinning:
What a surprise that he is trying to claim the scapegoat card. So predictable.. so who's to blame for assembling one of the worst rosters in NRL history ??

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
someone should be causing disruption to the squad because they deserve it
True, I was just explaining what was happening in the background that was contributing to our lack of application. I'm more concerned about the backroom stuff away from the players that may impact on our ability to recruit replacements though. If we can't find good quality replacements we will be in this hole for a long long time.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
True, I was just explaining what was happening in the background that was contributing to our lack of application. I'm more concerned about the backroom stuff away from the players that may impact on our ability to recruit replacements though. If we can't find good quality replacements we will be in this hole for a long long time.
That is exactly right.

Based on Chris Andersons experience rebuilding our club back in 1991 and winning premiership in 95 and to come into the Storm in 98 and win Premiership in 99 shows he has the know how to rebuild this club. I know things have changed in a sense from then till now but the principles are still the same, and some people have a better eye for talent and what the club needs. Only reason i am confident we will get back to being a mighty club once again. He is a very shrewd operator and tells it as it is and hence gets people offside. We need someone who isnt going to bow down to players and bring toughness back to the club and who will toe the line.
Players back in the 80s and 90s were shit scared of Peter Moore and what repercussions would be if they fucked up but at same time they had so much respect for him because of the way he brought everyone together.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That is exactly right.

Based on Chris Andersons experience rebuilding our club back in 1991 and winning premiership in 95 and to come into the Storm in 98 and win Premiership in 99 shows he has the know how to rebuild this club. I know things have changed in a sense from then till now but the principles are still the same, and some people have a better eye for talent and what the club needs. Only reason i am confident we will get back to being a mighty club once again. He is a very shrewd operator and tells it as it is and hence gets people offside. We need someone who isnt going to bow down to players and bring toughness back to the club and who will toe the line.
Players back in the 80s and 90s were shit scared of Peter Moore and what repercussions would be if they fucked up but at same time they had so much respect for him because of the way he brought everyone together.
Perfect person for the club in our current predicament. Need cut throat people, anyone who’s in the way see ya later.

Status
Not open for further replies.