I give you... The Samoan Ghost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
upload_2018-6-20_19-14-1.png

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/f...r/news-story/e32038c8700d871b61efbf8d153e6610

FORMER NRL player Daniel Vidot will become a “Samoan Ghost” in the WWE, confirming he’s signed a three-year deal with the professional wrestling powerhouse.

The 28-year-old Gold Coaster, who retired from the Brisbane Broncos in 2015, locked in the full-time contract after a trial in Florida in October.

He will return next month for training at the company’s performance centre.

“It was very left of field and that suits me. I’ve always liked to put on a show and I felt like I found a new passion,” Vidot said.

The Courier-Mail can reveal his character, developed in conjunction with the WWE, was inspired by his Samoan heritage – following the example of established Samoan WWE superstars The Rock and The USOs.

“He’s kind of a Samoan ghost. I’m cheeky but I like to go into my corner and have my own space … so I think it’s going to be a very entertaining character,” Vidot said.

It was Jimmy Uso who helped convince Vidot to accept the contract, leaving his family for 50 weeks each year while his girlfriend Danielle Glanville, a singer and performer at Draculas Cabaret on the Gold Coast, was also faced with relocating to the US to pursue her singing career.

“Jimmy explained to me how hard it’s going to be, especially for my partner, being in this world,” he said.

“It was something I needed to know to be able to make this choice. It’s good to have someone by your side who understands the industry.”

Tipped off to the WWE’s interest in rugby players by fellow footballer Nigel Vagana in 2015, Vidot fulfilled a two-year contract in England before returning for last year’s trial.

During his NRL career Vidot played 100 first grade games, representing the Canberra Raiders, St George Illawarra Dragons, the Brisbane Broncos and the Gold Coast Titans.

Apparently it's a 3 year WWE contract... I must say... he looks ridiculous :D

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Should have named himself The Ghost of Samoa and thrown flour all over himself and just continually screamed "BOI!"

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He needs to ghost his way onto the field during an NRL match and perform his finishing move on Sutton

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Da FAQ? Is that his gf next to him? Whoever it is, she looks like a magicians assist.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Da FAQ? Is that his gf next to him? Whoever it is, she looks like a magicians assist.
You obviously didn't read the article Wahesh :tonguewink:

It's his girlfriend and she is a cabaret singer, hence the outfit my man!!

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Should've just stuck with Daniel Vidot and use Rugby League as a gimmick.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Should've just stuck with Daniel Vidot and use Rugby League as a gimmick.
Wonder if he'll use the flying knee as his finisher, like he used in a fight during a game.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
You obviously didn't read the article Wahesh :tonguewink:

It's his girlfriend and she is a cabaret singer, hence the outfit my man!!
I read the article bro, just couldn't tell if that was his Mrs or if it was a WWE photoshoot (in which case it won't be her as she's not signed to the company).

I really don't like her haircut though, colour aside, it reminds me of a certain someone who used to be involved in our club. Right @Mr Invisible?

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I read the article bro, just couldn't tell if that was his Mrs or if it was a WWE photoshoot (in which case it won't be her as she's not signed to the company).

I really don't like her haircut though, colour aside, it reminds me of a certain someone who used to be involved in our club. Right @Mr Invisible?
It's definitely his missus, she even got the fake vampire teeth because she was working at Draculas Cabaret.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
LOL Danny Vidot already sounded like a wrestler name to be honest.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
He could have become "The D-V Ot" (deviot)... damn I should get into wrestler character creation.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

It's a wig bro

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I know what Hayne's next dream could be.

He can be known as the Fijian Dream Whisperer.

Status
Not open for further replies.