Ennis savages Dogs. Questions Mbye release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gubanaculum

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
To be honest he is only saying what half the kennelers believe and i think they still love the dogs .Were all hurting and need to stick together through this shit time...

Matilida

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mbye will not be winning a competition ever with the Tigers. Mbye is not that good if you watch the games he can never make a one on one tackle putting his body on the line. All the great fullbacks can do this see Tedesco, Slater, Boyd.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
To be honest he is only saying what half the kennelers believe and i think they still love the dogs .Were all hurting and need to stick together through this shit time...
Half the kennelers would of got rid of Klem instead of Mbye?

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
But that’s the thing no player should be earning that kind of money unless his a superstar.
Ffs Eastwood and tolman are on 800k Mbye should be at best 450k.
I get that although Eastwood was just backended He was on $500k a year. Mbye got a contract on what he looked likely to do - a bit like Ponga and his $600k. It's a risk and sometimes it pays off like ponga and sometimes it doesn't. The thing though is Mbye is getting the same money at the Tigers so that's another outfit who values him highly.

Dog Till I Die

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And his kids have weird names too!

Who the hell calls their son Randy Wolfe? Or their daughter Koby Fox? Does he have a fetish for wild dogs or something???
Probably sold his daughter's soul for the sake of his media career: FOX, WOLF. Good one, Grub.
Actually, look at the size of this thread and tell me Ennis isn't doing what he's paid to do.
Grub wouldn't have two brain cells to rub together. His producers feed his cue card and he just opens his mouth and pays oral homage to his master Murdoch.
In the end it's coming from Grub's mouth. And it generates comment. And keeps him in paid employ because he's putting bums on seats and eyes on the tube.
How to sell your soul when your glory days fade to black!

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Geez he loves putting the boot into us.

Maybe we should hire him to work with our “electric” spine and see what he could do differently?
You miss the point. With the right halves Mybe at FB could be electric. With Foran and Frawley our halves Mybe has to create his Owen attacking opportunities, and we saw enough of the failed Mbye experiment at No 7 that he cannot set up play.

Ennis is also spot on that we should be shopping Jackson and Klemmer. Jackson and Klemmer is not going to win us games. Maloney and Cronk were both off contract last year. What sort of year would we be now having if we had signed Maloney rather than Foran?

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
You miss the point. With the right halves Mybe at FB could be electric. With Foran and Frawley our halves Mybe has to create his Owen attacking opportunities, and we saw enough of the failed Mbye experiment at No 7 that he cannot set up play.

Ennis is also spot on that we should be shopping Jackson and Klemmer. Jackson and Klemmer is not going to win us games. Maloney and Cronk were both off contract last year. What sort of year would we be now having if we had signed Maloney rather than Foran?
Point not missed at all, I hope we never shop Jackson and Klemmer, everyone else however, is dispensable...

They may not “win us games” as in the context of a half or 5/8 but they set you up to put your half or 5/8 in a position to “win us games”.

I guess we’ll see how Mbye goes with an abundance of halves and Farah now at his disposable....predictably it’ll be better than he’s been with us.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

See my post elsewhere earlier today on the fact that we could've signed Maloney for little more than half of what we are paying foran but Des said no.

Matilida

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think Ennis shoud ty coaching a team instead of always mouthing off what coaches are doing wrong. If he is so good there is more money to be made being a good coach.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think Ennis shoud ty coaching a team instead of always mouthing off what coaches are doing wrong. If he is so good there is more money to be made being a good coach.
Too easy to sit in a commentary box, pat his mates on the back (like Mbye, Reynolds and Graham) and use the media to suit his agenda. He might actually be judged on ability if he coaches.

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
True but the team's performances has a lot to do with the players mindset, the disruption caused by Mbye going and Woods been shopped around was the main cause against the Titans
This is the bit that I really struggle with. Here's why.

If I am an NRL player and my club is in salary cap trouble and potentially shopping players around then I would assume there would be either of 2 outcomes for me.

1. Another club wants me as I am playing excellent football and would potentially extend my contract further, hence more job security, and even potentially offer me more money
2. Another club wants me because I am playing well, but are not prepared or don't have the cap space to pay my full wage, but that's ok because my current club will cover my wage

If I cant see the above for myself then surely my Player Manager can and he will set me straight, because if I turn up week in and week out and play like the crap we have been seeing then the only option is to be dropped, not have my contract renewed, and not be wanted at any other club. Hence out of work.

Not really a hard choice as to why you should be playing your best footy regardless. Anyone playing good footy has nothing to worry about as they cant be worse off with being shopped around.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
This is the bit that I really struggle with. Here's why.

If I am an NRL player and my club is in salary cap trouble and potentially shopping players around then I would assume there would be either of 2 outcomes for me.

1. Another club wants me as I am playing excellent football and would potentially extend my contract further, hence more job security, and even potentially offer me more money
2. Another club wants me because I am playing well, but are not prepared or don't have the cap space to pay my full wage, but that's ok because my current club will cover my wage

If I cant see the above for myself then surely my Player Manager can and he will set me straight, because if I turn up week in and week out and play like the crap we have been seeing then the only option is to be dropped, not have my contract renewed, and not be wanted at any other club. Hence out of work.

Not really a hard choice as to why you should be playing your best footy regardless. Anyone playing good footy has nothing to worry about as they cant be worse off with being shopped around.
That's a little simplistic. Elite sports like many other activities require a clear mind and strong focus to make sure the 1%ers are done properly. If you aren't fully focussed on the field you get carved up. You see it every week with various players who have some issue or other. When 3/4 of a team is lacking focus you get the kinds of results we saw last week. just ask yourself have you ever sat in front of your keyboard and wondered what you were going to do? Well imagine that keyboard is a 120kg back rower coming at you. doesn't take much to look like Frawley then does it.

crack

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Jackson and Klemmer get our halves into a position to win the game , the halves have failed over the past 5 years, look at Cronk and Kleary, when there forwards aren’t rolling forward , they become in affective.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Notice how Storm are looking to add to their spine, and out of all clubs, they have can turn average players into superstars... but not once did they get mentioned as being interested in Dudbye... nor any other big club........

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Notice how Storm are looking to add to their spine, and out of all clubs, they have can turn average players into superstars... but not once did they get mentioned as being interested in Dudbye... nor any other big club........
Storm wanted him at one stage

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blind Freddy can see our problems. Did Ennis offer any solutions given there is a significant restriction around Pay doing anything given our squad of 30 which are nominated and linked to salary cap? I am all for people commenting about our woeful situation but I prefer people who offer solutions rather than simply ending at criticisms. His comment about Mbye is emotiveand lacks credence as Mbye is not worth even half of his alleged $900k a season salary and moving Mbye on speeds up our recovery. Besides Mbye has always been a "glimpses" player who teases you with talent then it disappears followed by a stupid error. Thanks Mick..loved you at our club but offer a solution mate.
Great post dude very well said. Alot of people on the kennel do the exact same thing just end with a criticism without coming up with a solution. Im mainly talking about sexi_boi.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bet he would want both Klemmer & Jackson at the sharks......
Bingo.. Ennis isnt dumb I get the feeling the only reason he said it was to try and get us to release Jackson or Klemmer to the another club i.e the sharks. They tried unsuccessful for Woods now they try for Jackson or Klemmer.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cause he knows he can earn more for longer being in media.

Status
Not open for further replies.