Chris Anderson getting involved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I think they wanna speed things up mate. Board elections come around very quickly and they know how us bulldog fans are very impatient lol
hahaha true that, although I've been lucky like may fans to have lived through the Dogs glory years :grinning:

It would kinda make sense given elections are every (3?) years?

If they don't act now they face removal at next election..

2017-2018 season - already over and a mess.
2018-2019 season - rebuilding the mess.
2019-2020 season - hopefully some huge success.
2021 (early) season - next board elections.

I think this accurately sums up most Bulldogs fans watching us play in the last few years:

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know I come across on here as triggered over the current/previous board, but in all honesty it's out of frustration.

I hated Castle... she was fucking useless and I said so all along.
I came to dislike Hasler towards the end because he was the very definition of madness (trying the same thing and expecting a different result).. plus his stubborness to play the same side was ridiculous.
As for Dib... well he let the whole thing happen, but that doesn't mean he didn't try and change things at the end (alebit too late).

Change needed to happen, however I feel there were other ways it could have (without Dib involved either).

After a year last year where even I will admit I simply didn't bother watching games or turned off after 10 minutes, I entered this season expecting a new coach, new players, and new found excitement. Hooray finally something to look forwards to.

Then came the promises and unprofessionalism, and the new board. To me it was like hearing Castles 50 point plan for greatness all over again.
Then came the rubbish performances on the field.

Effectively the entire off season being excited for change and a new 2018 Bulldogs, half way through the season has turned into the exact same dogshit, just with different names to blame.

It sucks, and as I said... its frustrating. Fans deserve better than words, they deserve action... but tearing the team apart mid season is not the way around it.

I happen to know past players (both at the Dogs and other clubs), and their opinion on this is all the same.. you just don't do it as it upsets team harmony, unsettles players, and has them questioning the whole setup now.

I understand they want to get their hands dirty (new board), but this is akin to taking over as manager of a new business, and then 1 month into your job as manager, picking off and sacking people. Would your employees continue to work hard for you?
They needed a preset plan and if this was on the cards, players should have been told and advised of the idea well in advance. Else leave it 6 months and start taking action.

Hope that explains things a little more on my mindset.
Let’s not forget our current situation the chrysalis of our current situation was October 2011 when Greenberg lauded (as did most of us) the signing of Hasler. What we didn’t know at the time was the conditions of Hasler’s signing:-autonomy of the football department. I know I’m repeating myself as nauseum.
In 2012 we were Club champions , minor premiers in all 3 grades. In 2013 our NSW cup finished last our u20s finished 4th but went out in straight sets(sound familiar?) that same year some young kids Latrell &?Shaquai Mitchell, Connor Watson , Cameron Munster,Nat Butcher & Connor Watson requested trials our talent scouts Whitney & Cleal under the auspices of Hasler said “no thanks “- instead we retained Tolman, Eastwood,the Morris twins and the rot had set in .....
I agree with your sentiment however Jack Gibson used to say “ better to get rid of a player 1year too early than 2years too late”
We can’t sit on our hands until the end of the season, that will set us back another 2 years. The longer we leave the inevitable the longer the rebuild will take x2.
I was hoping somehow we’d be competitive this year HOPED but with our roster & player contracts finishing 12th will be an overachievement.
Castle unfortunately walked into a booby trap unable to reign in Hasler, while Dib tried to pretend things were only getting better-glossing over our cap farce-to his demise.
It’s doesn’t matter who you blame, this current board is making waves for the right reasons.

Last edited:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
hahaha true that, although I've been lucky like may fans to have lived through the Dogs glory years :grinning:

It would kinda make sense given elections are every (3?) years?

If they don't act now they face removal at next election..

2017-2018 season - already over and a mess.
2018-2019 season - rebuilding the mess.
2019-2020 season - hopefully some huge success.
2021 (early) season - next board elections.
Elections are every 2 years.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Elections are every 2 years.
Woah ... okay well that makes more sense why they are acting now.

Suprised the terms aren't longer as it doesn't give them much time to work.

Maybe it's a case of "who cares who we upset, we just need to start doing things".

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Chris Anderson sees what we see. Pay is clueless, roster is weak and our cap was managed like a dog’s breakfast.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I am all for Anderson stepping on toes and getting ppl out of joint if the end result means our clubs future is going to be for the better.

Peter Moore did most things himself when he needed things done and he didn't play fair either. He did what he could to get the players he wanted. And if Anderson is the one behind getting rid of Mbye and For an and other garbage players then I see him doing the job that others havnt got the balls to do.

If Pay was doing the job he was payed to do then Anderson wouldnt be on his ass. Based on that article I wouldn't be surprised if Anderson stepped in last week and told Pay to drop Montoya after he had picked him again. But Bmoz pulled out last second and obviously Montoya earnt a reprieve.

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You’re spot it’s become very factional, the coaching staff are anti current board & the players are the pawns- Opes rattling everyone’s cage letting all know they’re on notice. It’s affecting player morale
They all need to harden the fuck up! If the players and coaches think recent results are acceptable and deserving of their jobs they are bloody idiots. If they performed or even gave their best each and every day then they wouldn’t be in their current positions of the chopping block

Steve M

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Woah ... okay well that makes more sense why they are acting now.

Suprised the terms aren't longer as it doesn't give them much time to work.

Maybe it's a case of "who cares who we upset, we just need to start doing things".
There was an Extraordinary General Meeting a few years ago, during Greenberg’s time. The term of the Board was reduced from 3 years to 2 years, to bring the Club into line with the rest of the corporate world.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Im not sure how i feel about this. I mean Anderson is stepping in and getting rid of the dead wood? What a disgrace.
Oh wait, hang on, im beginning to see things a little more clearly. Get rid of mbye? Fuck it. He has done fuck all in fg but promised so much on a big fat salary!! Tick. Well done.
Fuck woods of if you can?? Yep. He was signed on massive money and has been dead average. Never should have been bought in the first place.
Force foran to retire?? Did you really say that? Yep. Great move. He is a shadow of him former self. Again, massive overs for a dud.
If these things are all the work of Anderson, then well done mate. Keep going. Its about time someone made an effort to dig our club out of the shit we are currently in.
There is sure to be a drop in player morale, and sure enough some peoples noses may become out of place, but harden the fuck up and deal with it.
Club first, team second, player third. Fuck off if you dont like it.
When you say "force Foran to retire" how?
Unless Foran wants to medically retire it ain't going to happen.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure he club doctor advise him what would be best. He'll still get his money just not have to play. It won't count towards the salary cap though.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Oatley dog very appropriate name for you,in more ways than one,prior to the board elections you questioned the rights of the new board,and asked why anyone would vote for a board,with so many question marks,I reckon you must be related to them in some ways.
No, I appropriately asked some questions about who was up for the job of leading my club. I don't blindly follow anyone. The new board got in and I support them. I even joined the footy club - how about you? I added to my memberships - how about you? I don't go on childish rants - how about you - oh sorry we've already covered that one previously haven't we. I did the right thing and advised TK that one of the reasons why the team didn't have it's head in the game at the moment was because there was internal issues created primarily by Opes and Turvey doing what they are doing. You, rather simplistically translate that into some sort of ongoing hatred. And yes the name is not only appropriate but one that I use proudly. At least people can identify me antman.

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Correct me of I’m wrong but wast the Bullfrog involved in player retention, signings and scouting too sometimes ? That’s a lot more than his job description. I know times have changed but do we always have to follow the status quo?
Uncle Nick definitely does most if not all the recruiting for the Rorters.

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I agree.. but there are right ways and wrong ways of doing so.

Have you ever thought perhaps this is why the playing group are tanking at the moment? Player morale at an all time low, a coach the players aren't sure is even going to be around, and a director shopping them around behind their backs, tearing apart team mates in the process.

I've said for a while now that the display on field from the Dogs has largely echoed the same displays they put on when they were sending a message to the fans that they were not happy and wanted Hasler gone.

It really does seem now like its same scenario, different names.

Ask yourself.. why couldn't this cleanout have happened at the end of the year instead of mid season?
Is that also why the players tanked last season?

Fingal Bay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I hope that all this shit that is going on is not the Anderson's trying to get their son Ben into the position of coach. If this happens it will be the end of the club once and for all. Admittedly it looks like Dean Pay is on the outer and I had great hopes for him. Wayne Bennett is needed to clean the place out.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep waving the broom Chris Anderson. The more you clean up this mess the better. Your best interest is in this club. Pay is there to coach, period. As a rookie in his first year as coach Pay should concentrate on that, and that alone for now.

If it is needed to bring in more experience around the coach then that is only a good thing and boy don't we need it. So what's the problem with that I ask?

This post by Mr I is complete and utter bullshit with certain people on an agenda to derail the club namely player managers who are putting their self interest at the top of their agendas and want to ruffle the feathers between players and their clubs. If they could move players around they would because every new contract means commission to them. For example, Aaron Woods signs two contracts within a year and his player manager dips in twice and gets his commission for each new contract on top of the percentage he gets based on the players salary. Chris Anderson's experience in negotiations is imperative to ensure player managers do not dictate terms. This was the case with Hasler who obviously did not have a clue and ran the club like a brothel where we got screwed on most of the negotiations.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree.. but there are right ways and wrong ways of doing so.

Have you ever thought perhaps this is why the playing group are tanking at the moment? Player morale at an all time low, a coach the players aren't sure is even going to be around, and a director shopping them around behind their backs, tearing apart team mates in the process.

I've said for a while now that the display on field from the Dogs has largely echoed the same displays they put on when they were sending a message to the fans that they were not happy and wanted Hasler gone.

It really does seem now like its same scenario, different names.

Ask yourself.. why couldn't this cleanout have happened at the end of the year instead of mid season?
Haha...players are tanking!! We've lost half of our games by under six points and pushed most of the top sides to force them to beat us and that's called tanking lol.

Go tell the "playing group" like Jacko and Klemmer they are tanking you fool!! We had a shocking game last round yes but what club doesn't? Yes morale is down because certain players like Mbye and the gum chewing Woods who chews harder than he plays don't want to be there and it is expected for the ISP players to carry them.
Look at the big picture Mr I you will see that this is not necessarily a 'group' issue because there are individuals who just don't want to be there and it only takes one or two to bring everyone including the club down.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There was an Extraordinary General Meeting a few years ago, during Greenberg’s time. The term of the Board was reduced from 3 years to 2 years, to bring the Club into line with the rest of the corporate world.
Can you check this for us Steve M.
I've been a voting member for over ten years, I'm sure the term was increased from 1 year to 2 years.
Unless I wasn't paying attention at the time, I do suffer from selective hearing at times, sometimes I do zone out I must admit...LOL

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Perhaps you noticed it was a little in jest. All these things may not even eventuate anyway. My point is that he seeems to be trying to force change that we desperately need.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You’re spot it’s become very factional, the coaching staff are anti current board & the players are the pawns- Opes rattling everyone’s cage letting all know they’re on notice. It’s affecting player morale
F*king oath they should all be put on notice. The problem is with the younger generation of players today is they are like fairy floss. They crumble when the pressure is put on them and go away and have a sook to their player managers.

Harden the F*ck up I say your paid extremely well to do your job as an NRL player and if fans think this is unreasonable or too tough on them, well welcome to the real world where only the tough succeed and survive in this jungle.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha...players are tanking!! We've lost half of our games by under six points and pushed most of the top sides to force them to beat us and that's called tanking lol.

Go tell the "playing group" like Jacko and Klemmer they are tanking you fool!! We had a shocking game last round yes but what club doesn't? Yes morale is down because certain players like Mbye and the gum chewing Woods who chews harder than he plays don't want to be there and it is expected for the ISP players to carry them.
Look at the big picture Mr I you will see that this is not necessarily a 'group' issue because there are individuals who just don't want to be there and it only takes one or two to bring everyone including the club down.
Yep...If we were tanking, what were tigers who lost 48-12 doing?? Penrith 32-6 tanking?? Manly 32-8 tanking?? Newcastle 28-10 tanking??

Status
Not open for further replies.