Computer/Console Talk/Gaming Super Thread

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Didn't realise they made the Serious Sam series... it's all explaining itself now.
Technically they didn't. They didn't make any of them. They're just the publishers.

Crow Team originally made Serious Sam with a different publisher, then Devolver picked it up for the HD remakes and SS3, then each smaller game.

But they pride themselves on publishing messed up games, and they make presentations to remember

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
My goodness all these video game exhibitions and conferences and shit are proof that video games ARE indeed serious business!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just played The Crew 2 Open Beta. To put it simply, the term "horrible" is a compliment. Absolutely terrible game. Worst racer I've played in decades. The graphics look like they're from 2004. The physics are weird. The voice acting rivals House of the Dead.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Just played The Crew 2 Open Beta. To put it simply, the term "horrible" is a compliment. Absolutely terrible game. Worst racer I've played in decades. The graphics look like they're from 2004. The physics are weird. The voice acting rivals House of the Dead.
So it's almost an improvement on #1 then?

Wahesh

Reaction score
Need For Speed: The Run. Any racer will look better than that in comparison.

In terms of action/street racing video games, NOTHING will come close to Driver SF in my eyes. nothing. EVER.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Wahesh

Reaction score
Just a thought I got. Who remembers the game Flappy Bird? It was a game similar to Jetpack Joyride as in it's a never-ending cycling game. Didn't the creator of Flappy Bird ever consider changing the background of the game? If you're smart enough to program a game on iOS then surely designing a background would be a piece of cake. This guy would've been a multi-millionaire within a year!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just a thought I got. Who remembers the game Flappy Bird? It was a game similar to Jetpack Joyride as in it's a never-ending cycling game. Didn't the creator of Flappy Bird ever consider changing the background of the game? If you're smart enough to program a game on iOS then surely designing a background would be a piece of cake. This guy would've been a multi-millionaire within a year!

The guy had the opportunity to be rich but he chose not to. He was offered millions to put adverts in his game and instead he pulled the game from the app store.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Jetpack joy ride
I dont mean to be a jerk but i got to go to work can i have a new shirt sleeve please.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The guy had the opportunity to be rich but he chose not to. He was offered millions to put adverts in his game and instead he pulled the game from the app store.
He was apparently getting harassed by a lot of people, as you would in Vietnam(I think that's where he was from) making that kind of money.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I thought he needed to pull it down due to legal issues.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
One of the best gaming soundtracks out there. Oh the memories of spending more time driving round "Miami" listening to the radio instead of doing the damn missions.

Wahesh

Reaction score
One of the best gaming soundtracks out there. Oh the memories of spending more time driving round "Miami" listening to the radio instead of doing the damn missions.
I agree mate. That station along with Fever 105, Emotion and even to an extent Wave were awesome. Can't get enough of that game. Best soundtrack ever!

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree mate. That station along with Fever 105, Emotion and even to an extent Wave were awesome. Can't get enough of that game. Best soundtrack ever!
Yeah for sure. The game and soundtrack are both awesome. I loved everything about Vice City. The 80's, the location, the music. It all just worked so well. Definitely my favorite GTA followed by San Andreas. But I love all GTA games since the beginning.