Chris Anderson getting involved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Someone has gotta step in and fix the mess that your dib and hasler created.
I agree.. but there are right ways and wrong ways of doing so.

Have you ever thought perhaps this is why the playing group are tanking at the moment? Player morale at an all time low, a coach the players aren't sure is even going to be around, and a director shopping them around behind their backs, tearing apart team mates in the process.

I've said for a while now that the display on field from the Dogs has largely echoed the same displays they put on when they were sending a message to the fans that they were not happy and wanted Hasler gone.

It really does seem now like its same scenario, different names.

Ask yourself.. why couldn't this cleanout have happened at the end of the year instead of mid season?

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You really are a vacuous clown aren't you. This has nothing to do with Dib or any other person associated with the previous administration you fool. I'm simply saying that both Anderson and Mortimer are creating instability in the footy operations area that is no doubt contributing to the lack of focus of the team. You remember them don't you the blokes we are supposed to support and give a damn about.

Had you pried yourself away from the dementia medicine long enough to read what I have said in previous posts you would see that I have been supportive and continue to be supportive of the new board since they were elected. Sorry this is probably too long for you. Now were you getting in the bath or out of it.
Oatley dog very appropriate name for you,in more ways than one,prior to the board elections you questioned the rights of the new board,and asked why anyone would vote for a board,with so many question marks,I reckon you must be related to them in some ways.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A certain director at a newly appointed board has come in tossing his weight around, doing everyones job but their own. They have taken it upon themselves to talk with player managers and get players shopped around (often without the player even knowing), and become heavily involved in the recruitment of players (without consulting the coach or playing staff).

The newly appointed coach is fed up being told what to do (by an interfering director), and being kept in the dark with regards to said directors actions/intentions. The club CEO is also unhappy and voiced concerns about the actions of this director.

Many at the club consider that the director has largely gone rogue and is doing their own thing, but is being afforded protection by the club chair.

Strong suggestions are that this director is trying to get the coach to fold (his hand of cards) and walk, allowing room to promote the certain directors family member to take up a position as either head coach, or assistant coach under another head coach.

There is bound to be more tension as the situation continues to fester, despite this clubs want to rebuild.
Nice spin. Seriously, what do you actually do on a daily basis? Reserch how to stir shit?

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's the sanitised version of what is going on. both he and Turvey are sticking their noses in all the nooks and crannies of the club and creating a lot of backroom dramas. Just another thing that is causing disruption to the squad......
You’re spot it’s become very factional, the coaching staff are anti current board & the players are the pawns- Opes rattling everyone’s cage letting all know they’re on notice. It’s affecting player morale

Valley Viking

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
A certain director at a newly appointed board has come in tossing his weight around, doing everyones job but their own. They have taken it upon themselves to talk with player managers and get players shopped around (often without the player even knowing), and become heavily involved in the recruitment of players (without consulting the coach or playing staff).

The newly appointed coach is fed up being told what to do (by an interfering director), and being kept in the dark with regards to said directors actions/intentions. The club CEO is also unhappy and voiced concerns about the actions of this director.

Many at the club consider that the director has largely gone rogue and is doing their own thing, but is being afforded protection by the club chair.

Strong suggestions are that this director is trying to get the coach to fold (his hand of cards) and walk, allowing room to promote the certain directors family member to take up a position as either head coach, or assistant coach under another head coach.

There is bound to be more tension as the situation continues to fester, despite this clubs want to rebuild.
Mr i - have no fucking idea

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Im not sure how i feel about this. I mean Anderson is stepping in and getting rid of the dead wood? What a disgrace.
Oh wait, hang on, im beginning to see things a little more clearly. Get rid of mbye? Fuck it. He has done fuck all in fg but promised so much on a big fat salary!! Tick. Well done.
Fuck woods of if you can?? Yep. He was signed on massive money and has been dead average. Never should have been bought in the first place.
Force foran to retire?? Did you really say that? Yep. Great move. He is a shadow of him former self. Again, massive overs for a dud.
If these things are all the work of Anderson, then well done mate. Keep going. Its about time someone made an effort to dig our club out of the shit we are currently in.
There is sure to be a drop in player morale, and sure enough some peoples noses may become out of place, but harden the fuck up and deal with it.
Club first, team second, player third. Fuck off if you dont like it.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone has gotta step in and fix the mess that your dib and hasler created.
You’ve got to break some eggs to make an omelette. Our roster position is diabolical, our situation is dire we are 2seasons away from being competitive provided the clean out & hard decisions are made now. Right now every single player is on the market......at the right price. The sooner we cop the bad medicine, the quicker the healing will start.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You’ve got to break some eggs to make an omelette. Our roster position is diabolical, our situation is dire we are 2seasons away from being competitive provided the clean out & hard decisions are made now. Right now every single player is on the market......at the right price. The sooner we cop the bad medicine, the quicker the healing will start.
Except Jackson and klemmer

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Have you ever thought perhaps this is why the playing group are tanking at the moment? Player morale at an all time low, a coach the players aren't sure is even going to be around, and a director shopping them around behind their backs, tearing apart team mates in the process.

I've said for a while now that the display on field from the Dogs has largely echoed the same displays they put on when they were sending a message to the fans that they were not happy and wanted Hasler gone.

Ask yourself.. why couldn't this cleanout have happened at the end of the year instead of mid season?
I have to say i haven't watched all our games this season, i freely admit i am a sore looser and avoided watching games in their entirety so i don't spend my weekends triggered :neutral:, so i can't really comment if the players are tanking or if they are giving it all they got but just don't have enough to give. We have lost a lot of games by a small margin so not sure if that implies they are tanking?

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im not sure how i feel about this. I mean Anderson is stepping in and getting rid of the dead wood? What a disgrace.
Oh wait, hang on, im beginning to see things a little more clearly. Get rid of mbye? Fuck it. He has done fuck all in fg but promised so much on a big fat salary!! Tick. Well done.
Fuck woods of if you can?? Yep. He was signed on massive money and has been dead average. Never should have been bought in the first place.
Force foran to retire?? Did you really say that? Yep. Great move. He is a shadow of him former self. Again, massive overs for a dud.
If these things are all the work of Anderson, then well done mate. Keep going. Its about time someone made an effort to dig our club out of the shit we are currently in.
There is sure to be a drop in player morale, and sure enough some peoples noses may become out of place, but harden the fuck up and deal with it.
Club first, team second, player third. Fuck off if you dont like it.
.... not to mention the ridiculous Tolman contract or the embarrassing Eastwood deal

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I have to say i haven't watched all our games this season, i freely admit i am a sore looser and avoided watching games in their entirety so i don't spend my weekends triggered :neutral:, so i can't really comment if the players are tanking or if they are giving it all they got but just don't have enough to give. We have lost a lot of games by a small margin so not sure if that implies they are tanking?
I know I come across on here as triggered over the current/previous board, but in all honesty it's out of frustration.

I hated Castle... she was fucking useless and I said so all along.
I came to dislike Hasler towards the end because he was the very definition of madness (trying the same thing and expecting a different result).. plus his stubborness to play the same side was ridiculous.
As for Dib... well he let the whole thing happen, but that doesn't mean he didn't try and change things at the end (alebit too late).

Change needed to happen, however I feel there were other ways it could have (without Dib involved either).

After a year last year where even I will admit I simply didn't bother watching games or turned off after 10 minutes, I entered this season expecting a new coach, new players, and new found excitement. Hooray finally something to look forwards to.

Then came the promises and unprofessionalism, and the new board. To me it was like hearing Castles 50 point plan for greatness all over again.
Then came the rubbish performances on the field.

Effectively the entire off season being excited for change and a new 2018 Bulldogs, half way through the season has turned into the exact same dogshit, just with different names to blame.

It sucks, and as I said... its frustrating. Fans deserve better than words, they deserve action... but tearing the team apart mid season is not the way around it.

I happen to know past players (both at the Dogs and other clubs), and their opinion on this is all the same.. you just don't do it as it upsets team harmony, unsettles players, and has them questioning the whole setup now.

I understand they want to get their hands dirty (new board), but this is akin to taking over as manager of a new business, and then 1 month into your job as manager, picking off and sacking people. Would your employees continue to work hard for you?
They needed a preset plan and if this was on the cards, players should have been told and advised of the idea well in advance. Else leave it 6 months and start taking action.

Hope that explains things a little more on my mindset.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I know I come across on here as triggered over the current/previous board, but in all honesty it's out of frustration.

I hated Castle... she was fucking useless and I said so all along.
I came to dislike Hasler towards the end because he was the very definition of madness (trying the same thing and expecting a different result).. plus his stubborness to play the same side was ridiculous.
As for Dib... well he let the whole thing happen, but that doesn't mean he didn't try and change things at the end (alebit too late).

Change needed to happen, however I feel there were other ways it could have (without Dib involved either).

After a year last year where even I will admit I simply didn't bother watching games or turned off after 10 minutes, I entered this season expecting a new coach, new players, and new found excitement. Hooray finally something to look forwards to.

Then came the promises and unprofessionalism, and the new board. To me it was like hearing Castles 50 point plan for greatness all over again.
Then came the rubbish performances on the field.

Effectively the entire off season being excited for change and a new 2018 Bulldogs, half way through the season has turned into the exact same dogshit, just with different names to blame.

It sucks, and as I said... its frustrating. Fans deserve better than words, they deserve action... but tearing the team apart mid season is not the way around it.

I happen to know past players (both at the Dogs and other clubs), and their opinion on this is all the same.. you just don't do it as it upsets team harmony, unsettles players, and has them questioning the whole setup now.

I understand they want to get their hands dirty (new board), but this is akin to taking over as manager of a new business, and then 1 month into your job as manager, picking off and sacking people. Would your employees continue to work hard for you?
They needed a preset plan and if this was on the cards, players should have been told and advised of the idea well in advance. Else leave it 6 months and start taking action.

Hope that explains things a little more on my mindset.
Yeah i do totally get the frustration because clearly i am at the same point too. I don't know, maybe the current board came in and went ok, we are not going to get in the way and let dean and his coaching staff do their thing and give them a chance and after a couple of months assess where we are it. After seeing the results maybe they come to the conclusion we are still headed in the exact same direction as under hasler (i.e down) and with the salary cap situation we are screwed for the next X amount of years until these backended contracts expire. So they made the decision to extract further short term pain by shopping around some players to put us in a position that the X amount of years of struggle can be cut down significantly. I don't know anyone at the club, i am just running some logical explanations through my head and this one seems to add up anyway.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The season for us was over a few rounds ago, why shouldn't we look at changing our roster now instead of 6 months down the track?
Spot on, the current roster has had enough chances to stop it from getting to this point. This season is done and dusted so it’s better to clean it out as soon as possible.

Last edited:

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

I think they wanna speed things up mate. Board elections come around very quickly and they know how us bulldog fans are very impatient lol

Status
Not open for further replies.