Chris Anderson getting involved

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This says to me the board aren't sold on Dean pay and there was always the intention of a 2year contract only for pay.

Otherwise if it's a long term rebuild you allow the coach to take a fair amount of control over recruitment

Looks like pay will only get 2 seasons

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
This says to me the board aren't sold on Dean pay and there was always the intention of a 2year contract only for pay.

Otherwise if it's a long term rebuild you allow the coach to take a fair amount of control over recruitment

The ball is in Pay’s court if he wants a new deal then he is going to have to earn it.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

The club needs a committee that oversees our player recruitment and manages our cap imo, we just can't have another Hasler situation. A coach doesn't give a shit about a clubs future, he only cares about the years he's at the club and will push to get the best for himself.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I actually blame pay for alot of our shit season,we could have won 3-4 of those close games with better defence and if hed make the call and dropped montoya for holland im sure we would have done better

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
A certain director at a newly appointed board has come in tossing his weight around, doing everyones job but their own. They have taken it upon themselves to talk with player managers and get players shopped around (often without the player even knowing), and become heavily involved in the recruitment of players (without consulting the coach or playing staff).

The newly appointed coach is fed up being told what to do (by an interfering director), and being kept in the dark with regards to said directors actions/intentions. The club CEO is also unhappy and voiced concerns about the actions of this director.

Many at the club consider that the director has largely gone rogue and is doing their own thing, but is being afforded protection by the club chair.

Strong suggestions are that this director is trying to get the coach to fold (his hand of cards) and walk, allowing room to promote the certain directors family member to take up a position as either head coach, or assistant coach under another head coach.

There is bound to be more tension as the situation continues to fester, despite this clubs want to rebuild.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The club needs a committee that oversees our player recruitment and manages our cap imo, we just can't have another Hasler situation. A coach doesn't give a shit about a clubs future, he only cares about the years he's at the club and will push to get the best for himself.
Agree with that but it just seems they've taken far too much power (in terms of recruitment) away from Pay hence I'm guessing they never intended to keep him

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
A certain director at a newly appointed board has come in tossing his weight around, doing everyones job but their own. They have taken it upon themselves to talk with player managers and get players shopped around (often without the player even knowing), and become heavily involved in the recruitment of players (without consulting the coach or playing staff).

The newly appointed coach is fed up being told what to do (by an interfering director), and being kept in the dark with regards to said directors actions/intentions. The club CEO is also unhappy and voiced concerns about the actions of this director.

Many at the club consider that the director has largely gone rogue and is doing their own thing, but is being afforded protection by the club chair.

Strong suggestions are that this director is trying to get the coach to fold (his hand of cards) and walk, allowing room to promote the certain directors family member to take up a position as either head coach, or assistant coach under another head coach.

There is bound to be more tension as the situation continues to fester, despite this clubs want to rebuild.
I’ll take a very wild stab in the dark and guess the initials might be C.A, L.A, and B.A?

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score

You always seem to have inside information. But it’s always wrong. You talk about the lurker and others always talking shit. But you talk it the most.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Here we go more wild allegations.....we are still waiting for all these Dib TPA’s to fall over.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Do none of our board members understand what their role is, or more importantly isn't?

Do your own jobs, and let other people do their job, that is the only way our beloved Bulldogs heading into their second decade of rebuilding will get back to its not sucking ways.

I love this club, but I've developed a condition where I hear the benny hill theme song in my mind every time I hear new news, or watch the team run out to under perform each weekend.
Correct me of I’m wrong but wast the Bullfrog involved in player retention, signings and scouting too sometimes ? That’s a lot more than his job description. I know times have changed but do we always have to follow the status quo?

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ll take a very wild stab in the dark and guess the initials might be C.A, L.A, and B.A?
I’m kinda over it. Are we the Family Club or the Moore Family’s club? Hasler was our first full time coach not part of that gang in a very long time.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Very interesting indeed, if it’s true.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Spoonman84, I think they’re maybe some truths to that. Time will tell.
Anderson is getting involved that much is true but there’s a lot of people with axes to grind at the minute so as you say time will tell.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anderson is getting involved that much is true but there’s a lot of people with axes to grind at the minute so as you say time will tell.
Maybe Anderson is looking around still trying to understand how a team like ours is anywhere near close to the cap?

CptWogaroo

New Pup
Reaction score
I won’t be surprised if we see the one marker system return. Anderson wants to revisit it now with 2 ref system. That’s system is better defensively than us atm

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
May 26, 2018
Interestingly, board member and former coach Chris Anderson appears to be entrenching himself in much of the negotiating with players who have been told they can look elsewhere to ease the enormous salary cap pressure. We spotted Anderson having coffee in Cronulla Mall last week with fullback Moses Mbye and his agent.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Someone has gotta step in and fix the mess that your dib and hasler created.

Status
Not open for further replies.