Computer/Console Talk/Gaming Super Thread

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I'm looking forwards to Death Stranding...

and I still need to put aside time for The Last of Us 1.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So just watched Sony's E3 conference. What got me excited was they finally showed some Last Of Us 2 gameplay and it was freaking brutal. Can not wait to get my hands on that gem.

The next thing that got me fanboying is they showed Resident Evil 2 Remake (which is one of my all time favorite games) and it looks absolutely brilliant. Now to wait til January 2019 to play it.

Ghost Of Tsushima looked pretty good too and they showed some gameplay. The sword play looked well done and brutal also.

Those are the games that i took interest in along with Spider-Man.

Death Stranding i still got no fucking clue but the game seems weird as shit.
Ellie executing that **** at the end was sick, as was shooting the **** in the face while under the truck. Actually the whole fucking thing was sick.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm looking forwards to Death Stranding...

and I still need to put aside time for The Last of Us 1.

The one thing I don't like is that they seem to be pretending that these are epic environments but the environments just look bland and repetitive.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
So just watched Sony's E3 conference. What got me excited was they finally showed some Last Of Us 2 gameplay and it was freaking brutal. Can not wait to get my hands on that gem.

The next thing that got me fanboying is they showed Resident Evil 2 Remake (which is one of my all time favorite games) and it looks absolutely brilliant. Now to wait til January 2019 to play it.

Ghost Of Tsushima looked pretty good too and they showed some gameplay. The sword play looked well done and brutal also.

Those are the games that i took interest in along with Spider-Man.

Death Stranding i still got no fucking clue but the game seems weird as shit.
Love me some DMC

And Dying Light 2 looks epic

Plus new Tomb Raider. One of my favourite series.

https://youtu.be/A_z7zo3Zyyk

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ellie executing that **** at the end was sick, as was shooting the **** in the face while under the truck. Actually the whole fucking thing was sick.
It looked brutal and i like it. Ellie is bad ass too.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
BTW, for E3 they've made For Honor Starter edition free on PC (Uplay) and Black Ops 3 free on PS4 (For PS Plus Members). Only for a limited time though so best to get them now.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It looked brutal and i like it. Ellie is bad ass too.
Yh, will also be interesting to see what happens to Joel. Looks like a stack of good games are coming, i probably sat on the toilet for like 2 hours today watching trailers on youtube haha.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yh, will also be interesting to see what happens to Joel. Looks like a stack of good games are coming, i probably sat on the toilet for like 2 hours today watching trailers on youtube haha.
Definitely some good games coming out towards the back end of the year and start of next year. Gonna have to do some extra shifts at work to cover it.

TLOU 2 has got me excited that i started replaying the first game again for a fix lol.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Definitely some good games coming out towards the back end of the year and start of next year. Gonna have to do some extra shifts at work to cover it.

TLOU 2 has got me excited that i started replaying the first game again for a fix lol.
I have played TLOU through so many times, even loved the multiplayer.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Finally decided to fire up the XBOX tonight and grab Games for Gold for this month (before, like every other month) I forget.

Sonic Racing, MGS:Phantom, and Assassins Creed Russia something. Wifey wants Lego Indiana Jones 2 coming up on 16th.

On another note, my main XBOX controller (the one WITHOUT the wandering / drift stick issue) has gone missing. NFI where it's at as it's always in the same basket by the TV. :(

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Being a retro gamer and getting into the World Cup spirit. I played a bit of Tecmo World Cup 93 yesterday for Sega Master System:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tecmo_World_Cup_'93

I played with Spain.

Drew first game with Germany 0-0
Lost second game against Mexico 2-1
Won 3rd game against Russia 2-0

Won the next 3 - Yugoslavia, Italy, Brazil, Germany (final)

Not bad. I was very rusty at the start.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I was a PC (well technically Amstrad CPC 6128 gamer) .. first system I learned to code on as well.
First console was the XBOX 360 of mine.

Funnily enough even today I prefer the simpler, easier to control games over the more complicated control of games. Give me arrow keys and space bar to fire and I enjoy more than an entire keyboard of assignable controls. Sometimes simple IS better.

I grew up with stuff like this:

and many more

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I was a PC (well technically Amstrad CPC 6128 gamer) .. first system I learned to code on as well.
First console was the XBOX 360 of mine.

Funnily enough even today I prefer the simpler, easier to control games over the more complicated control of games. Give me arrow keys and space bar to fire and I enjoy more than an entire keyboard of assignable controls. Sometimes simple IS better.

I grew up with stuff like this:

and many more
Oh Commander Keen... I wasted so many hours of my childhood on that game, squashing those green alien things lol.

By the way, who's idea was it to put some kid in a pink shirt and a baseball helmet and make him a video game's main protagonist?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Devolver Press Conference is a must watch. It's a bit long but it's well worth it.

Btw, language warning and NSFW

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Ending is a bit tasteless, given all the mass shootings in the US in recent times.

Got to admit, it came across a bit stupid or "American"... rather than just getting to the point.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ending is a bit tasteless, given all the mass shootings in the US in recent times.

Got to admit, it came across a bit stupid or "American"... rather than just getting to the point.
That's the point. It's basically Devolver Games telling you that they are as tasteless as you can get. They're the people who made Hotline Miami.

The ending was a continuation from the E3 2017 conference. You have to watch that one to fully get it.