Ennis savages Dogs. Questions Mbye release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Morale is a big thing in sport and when you know that players are negotiating out of their contracts to play elsewhere I don't care what anyone says, it plays on your mind. We have young inexperienced ISP players seeing all this and it must be totally shit seeing that the team is divided. No excuses, it's just human nature. Maybe people should consider this and the reasons why we are here in the first place.
I don't see anyone blaming Dib and Hasler because they are too scared to be sued, instead blame this all on who are left to clean up the mess. Yeh, great commentary.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
And his kids have weird names too!

Who the hell calls their son Randy Wolfe? Or their daughter Koby Fox? Does he have a fetish for wild dogs or something???
Randy Wolfe and Koby Fox? They sound like crime solving dogs from a kids cartoon show or something.... or pro wrestlers.... lol

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Geez he loves putting the boot into us.

Maybe we should hire him to work with our “electric” spine and see what he could do differently?
I don’t think he is sticking the boot in

I think he actually cares and is legitimately frustrated like the rest of us

I’m glad he is speaking up

I appreciate him doing it and hope he continues to

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't stand Ennis and have said so on several occasions here, but I've just watched the segment on Fox and I really can't argue with what he has said. We have way too much cash tied up in the forwards and nowhere near enough quality in the spine. We've been like that for years now. Mbye promised to be great but just never got there; Lichaa looks like he could do something but doesn't and the current halves just don't have any creativity. We just bang it up the middle set after set after set hoping someone will drop off a tackle and we can score. It's either that or broken play opportunism. Even if we fail we need to show some sort of creativity. It's not happening now and we need to change.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I don’t think he is sticking the boot in

I think he actually cares and is legitimately frustrated like the rest of us

I’m glad he is speaking up

I appreciate him doing it and hope he continues to
He said we should have let Klemperer go rather than Mbye. If he does care and isn’t just looking out for his mates, he’s a fucking boofhead :p

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He said we should have let Klemperer go rather than Mbye. If he does care and isn’t just looking out for his mates, he’s a fucking boofhead :p
What he is saying is we have all our cash tied up in lumbering forwards who can't make a difference and if we are going to get rid of someone it should be them rather than someone who can make a difference and on this point I agree with him. it's not about whether the forwards are any good in their chosen positions (which they are) it's about creating the opportunity to score points. One or two less forwards and one or two creative halves/backs and we are a totally different side. I wouldn't go looking for Klemm or Jacko to go but I wouldn't cry if it worked out we acquired creativity like a Munster or Morgan type because of it.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
How is keeping Mbye and shopping JJ or Klemmer a good idea???
Klemmer and JJ are bulldogs
Mbye is a grubby money hungry bitch.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He was making a point,
He wasn’t literally saying we should let Klemmer go,
He was using Klemmer and Jacko and woods and Tolman and Eastwood as examples

His point was
We are strong in the forwards
We are shit in the spin
Mbye is the only spine player offering anything

Why let him go,

Free up cap space by letting go a forward not a spine player

That was his point,

Pretty simple really
Not hard to understand and completely legitimate point to make

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
How is keeping Mbye and shopping JJ or Klemmer a good idea???
Klemmer and JJ are bulldogs
Mbye is a grubby money hungry bitch.
I agree
Keeping klem and jacko is a must

Keeping Mbye May have been a good idea if we could have been able to gain cap space another way,

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
He was making a point,
He wasn’t literally saying we should let Klemmer go,
He was using Klemmer and Jacko and woods and Tolman and Eastwood as examples

His point was
We are strong in the forwards
We are shit in the spin
Mbye is the only spine player offering anything

Why let him go,

Free up cap space by letting go a forward not a spine player

That was his point,

Pretty simple really
Not hard to understand and completely legitimate point to make
So by Ennis saying why let Mbye go and shop Klemmer when he could get market value means he didn’t mean it?

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mbye is not a master at any position, he's a bench utility at best Mitch Aubusson style.

MBYE OUT

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I agree
Keeping klem and jacko is a must

Keeping Mbye May have been a good idea if we could have been able to gain cap space another way,
Mbye wasn’t good enough.
He is lazy never goes looking for the ball, never backs up players as a fullback should.
Mbye as a fullback only looked good running the ball back from a kick .

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So by Ennis saying why let Mbye go and shop Klemmer when he could get market value means he didn’t mean it?
I didn’t take it as that
He labeled half a dozen forwards not just klem
His point was more about our abundance of forwards
And no spine

His point was rather than sacrifice our best spine player
Why not sacrifice a forward

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Mbye wasn’t good enough.
He is lazy never goes looking for the ball, never backs up players as a fullback should.
Mbye as a fullback only looked good running the ball back from a kick .
TRue
But he was the best spin player we had

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
TRue
But he was the best spin player we had
And that’s how shit our spine is,
Don’t know why we can’t just play brown at hooker
Lewis in the halves put olive in centre
Push Montoya out, Holland fullback Hoppa wing piss off preist and put Martin in then see how the team plays.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
And that’s how shit our spine is,
Don’t know why we can’t just play brown at hooker
Lewis in the halves put olive in centre
Push Montoya out, Holland fullback Hoppa wing piss off preist and put Martin in then see how the team plays.
Might have something to go with salary cap restrictions

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blind Freddy can see our problems. Did Ennis offer any solutions given there is a significant restriction around Pay doing anything given our squad of 30 which are nominated and linked to salary cap? I am all for people commenting about our woeful situation but I prefer people who offer solutions rather than simply ending at criticisms. His comment about Mbye is emotiveand lacks credence as Mbye is not worth even half of his alleged $900k a season salary and moving Mbye on speeds up our recovery. Besides Mbye has always been a "glimpses" player who teases you with talent then it disappears followed by a stupid error. Thanks Mick..loved you at our club but offer a solution mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.