Ennis savages Dogs. Questions Mbye release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Other than that, I wonder if Ennis is happy how things are progressing for us this year?
His gripe with the club should be over, old board and coach gone, they should reach out to him. He would probably offer more then penna the ex manly germ. We do need a clean out of some sorts but ennis would be a good acquisition

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Geez he loves putting the boot into us.

Maybe we should hire him to work with our “electric” spine and see what he could do differently?
He's stated on many occasions,how much he loved he's time at the dogs,he genuinely cares for the place,he's having a little bit of a dig at dean pay , when he said nothing has changed

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
“What was on display on the weekend was not NRL standard. The performance of their spine was not NRL standard.

“They had endless opportunities inside a Gold Coast side that were averaging 26 points against heading into that game and they couldn’t score.”

He's 100% right about this but you can't expect an NRL performance when you have ISP player at best in the spine.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont think Pay has been given anything to work with really. The coaching staff must be completely crap because game after game we see absolutely nothing in attack.
We now have absolutely nothing to lose for the remainder of the year so just try something different, anything would be at least an effort to change the hopeless play we are dishing up week after week.
How can we go one week nearly beating the ‘top’ team to being flogged by one if the worst teams in the comp?
Change things now or we are just going to die a slow death

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/c9b4b8415535685cb6547961e74817bf

Have to say i agree with him. Attack is fucking woeful.
Love to see him as our coach actually, he is smarter then you think.
Yep I watched him last night. He was very passionate and it was great to see that.

I agreed with what he said except for us releasing Mbye. Even though Mbye is going ok he isnt worth $900k and thats what we were paying him for the next 2 years.

If Frawley or JMK ever play in the halves again I will relinquish my membership because supporters shouldnt have to put up with that. Pay slammed them after the game but words means nothing. Show some balls and drop them.

I dont care who replaces them. They cant go any worse than the shit dished up on Saturday.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He loves the club and is passionate about it. Even when he was commentating on weekend, you can hear the disappointment in his voice.
He wants the club to succeed. It's more annoying when fans come on here and blast him for raising his concerns and last time I checked it's what his job entails him to do as a footy expert

Malla

Reaction score
He isn't wrong, but he needs to give it a rest. It's not like he is coming at us with a hot take that nobody in the world knows.... he's regurgitating shit that even our own captain is saying.

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Why would he not be disgruntled.
Squeezed out to be replaced by Lichaa and three & a half seasons of shit he has served up!!
Fair comment frankly.
100%. That being said, I am happy he retired with a premiership. If he stayed with us he would not have retired with one. His contribution to the sharks final win year was massive.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck i could have told fox sports that our attack is shit and the defence was putrid. The halves arent up to NRL standard because we don't have any halves up to standard.
Lewis isn't NRL standard and either is Cleeland. Anybody who thinks they are haven't watched ISP.
Our million dollar half is busted beyond repair and our million dollar fullback was more than willing to have a breather out the back.
Our plays are shit because we allow our forwads to hit it up for 5 tackles and follow up with a terrible last play option. When we do shift the ball it looks like under 12s learning how to 'spread it'.
Kicking game is near non existent so forget about putting teams under pressure.
Our defence seems to want to let the attack run to them and when they finally get a hold of the ball carrier, we hold him up with 3 guys in the tackle and allow an offload which creates momentum for the opposition to get a roll on.
The bench is that terrible we start our only rep player off the bench for impact and have a winger on the bench as our utilty.
What else have i missed kennelers

Malpass

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You have to agree with his comments.
Pay hasn't changed much with our attack.
Against the dragons we ran the ball on the last near their line just a nothing run from dummy half.
Saints get the ball then a penalty then they scored their 3rd try.
FFS why couldn't we try and get repeat sets we may have jagged a try or not but to just offer nothing is so frustrating.i dont give a shit if the ball goes dead at least we try something
Sides must say lets muscle up for 6 tackes cause the dogs will give the ball back on the last.
I wish he could do a daniel anderson in 2009 with parra and say stuff it just throw it around boys.i know they had hayne that yr and he was virtually untouchable but it would b better than the shit going on now.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Why would he not be disgruntled.
Squeezed out to be replaced by Lichaa and three & a half seasons of shit he has served up!!
Fair comment frankly.
Disgruntled? If he wasn't squeezed out he would have retired without a premiership. He should be thankful, it's not like he's loyal, he played at multiple clubs.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
He has sour grapes at our club. He never wanted to go to the Sharks. He wanted a 2 year deal, we only gave him 1. Mbye provided nothing for our club. And the Tigers will be out of their minds if they put him a fullback ahead of Thompson.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Most of what he said is true, although clearly Mbye is a buddy of his.
But if I hear one more person say “he loves the club” I’ll lose my fucking shit.
This **** reserves a special kind of hate for the bulldogs. He hasn’t missed a single opportunity to sink the boot in, in 3 years. When he refers to the sharks he says ‘we’ or ‘us’ but when he refers to the bulldogs he says ‘they’ or ‘them’.
Ennis used to be my favorite player, now ?
Fuck that ****. Sick of his head.

Status
Not open for further replies.