Lewis and Cleeland Now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The NRL won't allow them to be played. Bulldogs have been trying for a few weeks to get Lewis approved.

Possibly with Mbye going Lewis might be called into the side and be able to play.

It's to do with this Top 30 shit the NRL dreamed up.

From what I can gather, even though clubs now have a Top 30, players 26-30 can only be called up if there are injuries in the Top 25 and no other player available can play in that spot.

From what I can tell: Woolford, Lewis, Cleeland, Cerruto and 1 other are all unable to be played therefore. Wakeham is a development player I think, so he's different again.
Lewis according to him as he said this on sat is at 34, i dont know how this works. If he has 4other players in front of him unfortunately unless they let more go we wont see him in fg this year. Apparently they are talking to him and want him in the squad next year. Also sat he was ill but still played.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I like the idea of Lewis in the centres. Hopoate will likely go to fullback, leaving a centre spot open. From what I've seen of Lewis he's not ready to be a 1st grade half, but he's a strong 1 on 1 defender, good ball runner and played centre in ISP earlier in the year. It's not a bad position for future halves to be blooded in 1st grade either. Just got to get him in the top 30...

Reactions: DDR

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
ISP is a different game that only allows players to get to certain level. The NRL is of higher level that allows players to grow more and most likely quicker. Some players in sports just step up to the plate.... Lewis will be one of them. It will take a few years for the kid to dominate but he will get there.

There are a few players that should come through soon like Ogden and Bergamin. Then there is Anderson whose got some mongrel about him and Okunbor if his balls drop anytime in the next few years. Kalache and Woolford have plenty of potential also.
Lol about Okunbor comment

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't care what happens but JMK is not a half, not a hooker.. not anything.. he and Frawley need to be dropped, they have had their chance

Having said that, whoever plays in the spine need to demand the ball because we are playing the same as we did last year.. especially in opposition 20-hit ups and dummy runs to handing the ball over

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
ISP is a different game that only allows players to get to certain level. The NRL is of higher level that allows players to grow more and most likely quicker. Some players in sports just step up to the plate.... Lewis will be one of them. It will take a few years for the kid to dominate but he will get there.

There are a few players that should come through soon like Ogden and Bergamin. Then there is Anderson whose got some mongrel about him and Okunbor if his balls drop anytime in the next few years. Kalache and Woolford have plenty of potential also.
I've been watching Rugby League for a long time.
What you say is true for the exception not the majority. Most players if you bring them through too soon they break and have a very short Career.
In high impact sports like Rugby League the average career is short. In the NRL average career is short around 50 games.
Also if you have a team with too many rookies or not much experience they never last the season as a coherent force.
Look I don't mind giving Lewis a go but the NRL top 30 rule etc is designed to stop clubs trowing in a bunch of reserve graders when their season is gone.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't care what happens but JMK is not a half, not a hooker.. not anything.. he and Frawley need to be dropped, they have had their chance

Having said that, whoever plays in the spine need to demand the ball because we are playing the same as we did last year.. especially in opposition 20-hit ups and dummy runs to handing the ball over
Pay will lose me if he names Frawley and JMK in the halves ever again.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Pay will lose me if he names Frawley and JMK in the halves ever again.
What a disaster JMK has become, should have only ever been an option as a bench utility...but Derp Pay with all his wisdom decided to upgrade and extend his contract lol.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
What a disaster JMK has become, should have only ever been an option as a bench utility...but Derp Pay with all his wisdom decided to upgrade and extend his contract lol.
I wouldn’t even have him on the bench he’s terrible with the ball and struggles with basic skills. You’d think they would have been extra careful handing out contracts with the cap situation and they give him a 3 year extension without even playing an NRL game for the club.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cleeland zero chance.
Not top 30 & will not be at the club next season so what's the point.
With Mbye gone were down to 29, better than Frawley lately and I don't want us to get flogged every week 32-4

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the weekends games are anything to go by Lewis and Cogger are both barely nsw cup standard. We desperatly need a h/b so Foran can move to 5/8. Brodie Croft, Mason Lino and Corey Norman are available sign 1 of them ffs.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
BTW watching Jack Cogger play yesterday against Melbourne, we are in for a very long season next year...
@Moey No he's the saviour... like Nick Meaney..

The recruiting from bottom of the ladder Knights ISP team is going to propel the 2019 Bulldogs into stardom, winning the premiership undefeated!!

Lewis according to him as he said this on sat is at 34, i dont know how this works. If he has 4other players in front of him unfortunately unless they let more go we wont see him in fg this year. Apparently they are talking to him and want him in the squad next year. Also sat he was ill but still played.
Lewis said himself on camera last week... he wasn't able to be named but club was working on something. It'll be either him or Bergamin up into the Top 30 and named, and I'm okay with either.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
@Moey No he's the saviour... like Nick Meaney..

The recruiting from bottom of the ladder Knights ISP team is going to propel the 2019 Bulldogs into stardom, winning the premiership undefeated!!

Lewis said himself on camera last week... he wasn't able to be named but club was working on something. It'll be either him or Bergamin up into the Top 30 and named, and I'm okay with either.
Yeah I know but he said he was 34. Which means there are 4 players before him. They must letting some isp players go to get him into the 30 next year.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If the weekends games are anything to go by Lewis and Cogger are both barely nsw cup standard. We desperatly need a h/b so Foran can move to 5/8. Brodie Croft, Mason Lino and Corey Norman are available sign 1 of them ffs.
I’m not sold on cogger, Lewis or meaney. I really can’t see anything happening next year unless they buy a few quality first graders to complement the young ones.

I wouldn’t go for Norman, but definitely would go for Croft or Lino

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Sign Lino and Norman ffs

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been saying Lino for a long time, he has proven himself at first grade and is also a goal kicker.. Warriors want to hold onto him but I doubt he wants to stay on as a backup for Johnson

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Anybody who savages the kid basically displays nothing more than the fact they have no idea about rugby league and should stop following it and get off the TK.

I CALL FOR PERMABANS ON ANY FWIT THAT SAVAGES KIDS COMING INTO THE TOP GRADE.
Including JMK? Because I've been uneasy with how much he's copped on TK. All young players need time to develop. No instant success.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah I know but he said he was 34. Which means there are 4 players before him. They must letting some isp players go to get him into the 30 next year.
Yeah I'm not sure mate... all I know is the invention of the Top 30 bullshit is one of the greatest modern balls ups of the NRL.

One cannot fathom how they ever thought it was a good idea.

Let teams promote whoever they want, and let young talent survive. Bring in a transfer system to allow clubs to loan their young talent to other clubs (whilst retaining the rights to play them in future), and the sport will flourish.

Imagine our state right now.. Mbye fucks off and we say "Hey Knights we are interested in loaning Meaney off you for 6 months". Knights are like "sure thing guys, it'll cost you $xyz of his wage".

We trial Meaney and he kills it, and so we then enquire about taking over his future contract. If he fails we say "thanks but no thanks" at the end of it and look elsewhere.

Works wonders in ESL.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've been watching Rugby League for a long time.
What you say is true for the exception not the majority. Most players if you bring them through too soon they break and have a very short Career.
In high impact sports like Rugby League the average career is short. In the NRL average career is short around 50 games.
Also if you have a team with too many rookies or not much experience they never last the season as a coherent force.
Look I don't mind giving Lewis a go but the NRL top 30 rule etc is designed to stop clubs trowing in a bunch of reserve graders when their season is gone.

Something tells me Lewis is the exception, I"ve been watching it too for a looonnnggg time too.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Including JMK? Because I've been uneasy with how much he's copped on TK. All young players need time to develop. No instant success.
I've said it once and will say it again... JMK has the potential to become the most valuable utility in the game. He'll get his time.

Status
Not open for further replies.