Time to reach out and be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't fix the issues with the squad we have. Why don't the Morris boys leak tries? Because they are quality players. The other simply aren't.
How many tries did Smith and Hoppa leak? One try conceded from a kick after more poor defending from the other side.
Pay could have made a tactical decision to make a change when Olive and Montoya were making Gordon look like vintage Billy Slater. Instead Pay had in his mind not to hook Olive or Montoya for Holland because he had in his game plan that Holland needs to come on and play hooker at x minute. That’s a choice that leads to us losing. We may get the spoon but it’s because of plenty of poor decisions made THIS season

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Derp Pay is incompetent and it's clear as day. Like i have said before, all the Pay supporters do is make excuses over and over again for why he can't do well instead of actually saying what he is doing well. His tactical nous is non existent. The **** is a VERY simple coach.

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
How many tries did Smith and Hoppa leak? One try conceded from a kick after more poor defending from the other side.
Pay could have made a tactical decision to make a change when Olive and Montoya were making Gordon oil like vintage Billy Slater. Instead Pay had in his mind not to hook Olive or Montoya for Holland because he had in his game plan that Holland needs to come on and play hooker at x minute. That’s a choice that leads to us losing. We may get the spoon but it’s because of plenty of poor decisions made THIS season
So last year Holland was our worst player according to most on here and everyone wanted him dropped for Montoya. This year the same people think he is our saviour in the centres or wing and Montoya is rubbish.

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Derp Pay is incompetent and it's clear as day. Like i have said before, all the Pay supporters do is make excuses over and over again for why he can't do well instead of actually saying what he is doing well. His tactical nous is non existent. The **** is a VERY simple coach.
Ok let's agree on that. So what does that make Des. He was arguably the hardest working, most analytical and tactical, and loved and respected by all players and managers. Where did we finish last season again and how good is our squad today. Who signed Foran?

I take the rookie coach every day of the week.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So last year Holland was our worst player according to most on here and everyone wanted him dropped for Montoya. This year the same people think he is our saviour in the centres or wing and Montoya is rubbish.
The coach picked Holland to be on the bench and he can play centre/wing. I’m not calling him the saviour but all but one try came from that side being shredded. Good coaches make tactical adjustments when they are losing. How many line breaks went through that side in the first half alone? It was at least 5 which should more than warrant a tactical adjustment. Those are things the coach can control or at least try and influence.
Also Montoya wasn’t playing this badly last year. The fans are right to call for out of form players to be dropped.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I think you must be related to that stupid dumb ass reporter that Jacko put in his place during the after match press conference. Please outline your coaching credentials and what qualifies you to judge a Club legend like Dean Pays coaching credentials??
I coach Merrylands Under 6's with a 6-2 record. :p

Only I can comment! Lol

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The coach picked Holland to be on the bench and he can play centre/wing. I’m not calling him the saviour but all but one try came from that side being shredded. Good coaches make tactical adjustments when they are losing. How many line breaks went through that side in the first half alone? It was at least 5 which should more than warrant a tactical adjustment. Those are things the coach can control or at least try and influence.
Also Montoya wasn’t playing this badly last year. The fans are right to call for out of form players to be dropped.
I agree with this 100%

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Ok let's agree on that. So what does that make Des. He was arguably the hardest working, most analytical and tactical, and loved and respected by all players and managers. Where did we finish last season again and how good is our squad today. Who signed Foran?

I have zero doubt Des would have done better with the squad this season than what Pay will.
That said, Pay will have to be judged on next season which to me looks very bleak.
And for the life of me why the headlong rush to push Woods out when we have no quality replacement and leaves the club with Klemmer as the only quality prop in the club.
At $800k or $850k Woods is getting paid a market rate, not way overs.
Why not coach & work with Woods!
Surely there is a lot we are not being told??

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I have zero doubt Des would have done better with the squad this season than what Pay will.
That said, Pay will have to be judged on next season which to me looks very bleak.
And for the life of me why the headlong rush to push Woods out when we have no quality replacement and leaves the club with Klemmer as the only quality prop in the club.
I agree. Not sure that it is Pay pushing anyone out. Woods needs to stay. Foran needs to go.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
There would be coaches doing alot better than him
That’s unproven statement and hear say

And furthermore who could do a better job that was available at the time of his appointment or will be available on completion of his current contract?

Think about it for a minute

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He should be given at least until end of next year but it does not excuse the fact that we have no game plan at all and the bench rotations are horrible and these things do fall on pay even if he is a rookie coach, these are basics
Says who?
You?
And other arm chair coaches?

Give me a break

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Who gives a shit about Des. Just because he wasn't the answer that doesn't mean Pay is.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't understand all the hate with Woods, it would be wrong for the club to shop him around if he wants to stay, but as some have said that he wants to go then the club should let him go ASAP.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yet another Fuck Pay thread,

When will people realise that NO COACH could do more given the situation Pay walked into.

Lol at the arm chair coaches of the kennel.
@Fear.The.Roo Pretty sure a bloke called the Skippy God, could easily get things working again. he taught us valuable lessons in life, like we can all strive to be coaches, if we just work hard.

@Trafford10 I think the problems run deeper than face value.

I'm no Des fan (despite many on here thinking as such). I just approach things in a logical manner.

Would you go out and buy a brand new car if your existing car does the same thing, and does it potentially better? Or would you consider it change for changes sake?

I think towards the end the old board knew they were fucked and went into somewhat of a panic whreeby rational decisions were made on the spur of the moment, rather than being carefull thought out.

But does that really make them the right decision?

It's honestly hard to imagine we'd be worse on the ladder, and on the field under the old reigme, and I would LOVE to know what there plans for cap management were.

In addition to this I'd love to hear from the "new crew" in why that same approach couldn't have been applied now.

I know that people argue "well they'd just keep backdating and backdating contracts", but what's the end result there? That contracts expire and aren't renewed!

and the season after that. Effectively he's being sold a dump. But none of that matters, because it's all excuses.

Like in anything, people are judged by what they do, not what they don't do.

Is there stuff inside Pays control which he could be doing to lift our season - YES.
Is that stuff being done - NO.

Therefore Pay isn't performing at 100%.

and people may or my not agree here, but I honestly believe having multiple coaches is causing more problems than its solving.

Agree here.. I think there is a lot that is not being told.

I believe that there is heat on the newly elected board to "stop talking and start acting", and that ironically those actions are almost a mirror image of the panicked "spur of the moment" things the previous board did towards the end of their tennure.

The current scenario calls for cool heads and a clever strategy, not a (non paid) director appointing himself into a (well) paid position within the coaching ranks, in order to try and move things along. A director who has been out of the action for a while and who has a son coming up through to coaching ranks.

It doesn't take a genius to see what is going on, and it's history repeating itself from last time "the family club" turned into "the family charity", which employed not the best people for positions, but rather the best immediate family member for positions.

I expect I'll cop some heat for the above comments from "they who clearly can do no wrong".

This is what people who criticise what we paid for Woods fail to understand. If we tried to register Woods at $400k, the NRL would step in and state he is not being paid fair market value. Much like Roosters can't sign Cooper Cronk on a $100,000 a year contract. NRL dictate how much a player is worth on the market and will not register contracts that undercut that players estimated value.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Says the people who have fuckn eyes that work!
What is it you can't see that all experts see and all fans see
What experts?
All experts I have heard discuss Pay have not bagged him and have acknowledged the shit storm pay walked into.

Give pay some time mate,

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
[QUOTE="Fear.The.Roo, post: 3369074,

Lol at the arm chair coaches of the kennel.[/QUOTE]
Incorrect i was on a beanbag when i won my grandfinals

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What experts?
All experts I have heard discuss Pay have not bagged him and have acknowledged the shit storm pay walked into.

Give pay some time mate,
I am happy to give pay time as I said in previous post and in all the pay threads, he needs to be given at least until the end of next year but it doesn't excuse the fact that we look clueless out there.
Take out a few players that give it there all and we would lose each week by 30.
It does not matter how shit our players are, there should be at least some sort of game plan or a back up plan when things are going shit.
We look way worse then last year and last year was as bad as it gets

Status
Not open for further replies.